How To Cook Steak
Cook time for cubed steak is two minutes on each side for medium-rare. When cubed, the steak will be thinner and less chewy. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Put the steak on a hot grill or a hot cast iron skillet. Cook for two minutes on one side and then flip and cook for two more minutes. Cut the steak into slices.
Recommended Reading: Seafood World Calabash Seafood And Steak Buffet Myrtle Beach Sc
How To Cook Perfect Steak On Grill
There are a few key things you can do to ensure that your Perfect Steak on Grill experience is top-notch. First, make sure that your grill is equipped with the right cooking tools and accessories. Next, practice commonly used grill techniques until you become familiar with them. Finally, be sure to follow the specific instructions that come with your grill model and grill type.
How To Grill Ribeye Steak
You May Like: How Long To Barbecue Steak
You May Like: Steak And Cheese Sub Calories
How To Grill Skirt Steak
Chef Frothingham’s favorite cut, skirt steak, is long and thin with a slightly chewy texture that pairs well with marinades.
How To Grill The Perfect Steak
Grilling the perfect steak sounds rather ambitious, doesnt it? Almost like finding an ancient spell buried in a dusty book. Or discovering a piece of divine knowledge obtainable only through a spiritual journey through time to commune with early man cooking over fire. Or a Wait, no its actually not like that at all! Anybody can grill the perfect steak, and all they need is some salt, pepper, butter, and a grill. Dont take our word for it just follow Grill Master Randys step-by-step tutorial for grilling the perfect steak. No sacred rite of passage required!
Recommended Reading: Best Steaks To Send As A Gift
How To Check Steak Is Cooked
Use your fingers to prod the cooked steak when rare it will feel soft, medium-rare will be lightly bouncy, and well-done will be much firmer. Our picture guide to checking steak is cooked shows you how to use the ‘finger test’, or a meat thermometer inserted into the centre to ensure it’s done to your liking.
Well done: 75C
How To Grill A Steak
Note: if you properly season your steaks with a little salt and pepper or our famous steak marinade, you shouldnt need any steak sauce or bbq sauce for serving because the beefy flavor is so delicious.
Read Also: Where To Buy Good Steak
Instructions For The Perfect Steak On The Grill
How To Season Steak:
Sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper. These three all-star ingredients are all you need to make a winning steak every time!
Nothing fancy or complicated.
Sometimes Ill throw in a little paprika when Im feeling wild.
You can easily use your favorite steak rub, but I find salt, garlic powder and black pepper go a long way in generating the most enticing flavor.
If you love big bold flavors, use my Best Steak Marinade recipe and marinate the steak instead of dry brining it!
You May Like: Beef Steak Recipes For Dinner
Grilling Steak Why You Need To Do It
Steaks on the grill really is the bees knees. Theyre juicy, tender, and that charred flavor on the outside you just cant beat it! Our sous vide steak is one of my favorite things to grill, but I realize that not everyone has a sous vide, so we thought wed come up with a much simpler, marinated grilled steak recipe.
Is It Better To Bbq With Lid Open Or Closed
Open lid means searing Foods thicker than ¾ of an inch, though, literally have more middle to cook. So, they can hold up to the heat chamber the lid creates, and in fact, the lid will help thicker cuts of meat or vegetables cook more evenly. Youll avoid an undercooked center with an overly browned, crusty exterior.
Read Also: How Do You Marinate Steak
Best Grilled Steak Recipes
There are a few things I look forward to more than grilling ribeye steak, and this is coming from a person who loves recipes on the grill. What could be better than a perfectly grilled steak you can make right at home in minutes?
- One of my absolute favorites is this inexpensive marinated chuck steak. It is so tasty and an amazing value!
- London Broil is also a great cut that my family loves every time I make it.
- When I want to splurge or impress family and friends, the best beef tenderloin recipe is my go-to!
- Coulotte Steak is amazingly delicious and so tender.
- New Strip Steak it just doesn’t get any better than a perfectly grilled NY Strip!
- Grilled Porterhouse Steak the Mac Daddy of all steaks will never disappoint!
How To Season Steak
You have a couple of options when it comes to seasoning steak.
- Keep it simple. When youre cooking a good quality steak, you dont need much in the way of seasoning to enhance the natural richness of the meat. Just a bit of olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper will give you the satisfying flavor you crave. You can also sprinkle on some garlic powder, as weve done in this Air Fryer Steak recipe.
- Steak Marinade. Marinating the steaks before cooking is a simple step that both adds flavor and helps to tenderize the meat.
- Steak Seasoning. Rubbing the steaks with your favorite steak seasoning is an easy way to ensure intense flavor.
Also Check: Steak And Cheese Footlong Calories
How To Prepare Steaks For The Grill
To prepare steaks for the grill you will need to:
Let The Steak Rest Briefly Then Serve
“You always want to account for carryover cooking in the time that it takes to get the steak off of the grill and on the table,” says Epi Food Director Rhoda Boone. Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes, and it’ll be ready to slice or serve whole so that your hungry guests can attack it with their own knives.
Now that you’ve learned how to grill the perfect steak, dress it up and add variety with delicious sauces, marinades, and spices. And don’t forget the sides!
Also Check: Does Omaha Steaks Ship To Canada
Choose Your Steak Of Choice
Thick cut steaks consist of:
- Ribeye: This steak is. well marbled and full of flavor. It comes from the middle of the cow in the ribs section. It has high fat content which gives it extra flavor. You will need to trim the fat to avoid flare-ups.
- Strip Steak: Also known as New York Strip Steak, it is tender and a little chewy coming from the rear of the cow. This is my steak of choice and easy to grill with no potential flare-ups.
- T-Bone: Shaped like a T, it brings together two steaks. The tenderloin and a chewier strip steak.
Thin Cut Steaks Consist of:
- Flank Steak: This steak comes from the belly of the cow and is rich in flavor. Always serve the flank steak sliced and cut against the grain.
- Hanger Steak: This comes from the belly of the cow, the part of the cow that hangs down. It has a strong beefy flavor and is great for marinating.
- Skirt Steak: The skirt comes from the diaphragm of the cow. It is a thin cut with plenty of fat and works well with a high heat searing. Should. also be sliced against the grain.
How To Cook The Perfect Steak On The Grill: 3 Easy Steak Grilling Methods
Nothing solidifies your grill god status like serving up steak with a perfectly seared crust and a juicy, tender middle.
Grilling steak can be intimidating, especially if youve tried it before and the result was less than desirable or youre cooking for a crowd. Getting that delicious crust and juicy interior can be a tough balancing act, but with some easy prep and the right grilling method, great grilled steak is nothing to sweat over.
Keep reading to learn how to prepare steak for grilling, how to cook the perfect steak on a gas grill, reverse searing steak on a gas grill, and how to grill steak on a charcoal grill.
Don’t Miss: How Much Does A Tomahawk Steak Cost
Dont Flip Your Steak More Than Once
“Keep away from overturning your steak,” says Eric Schlicht, chef at Ocean Resort Casino’s American Cut in Atlantic City, New Jersey. “Let the Maillard reaction do its thing.”
Ideally, Prentiss says you should turn the steak once on each side to get those crosshatch grill marks, and only flip it once.
Top Tips For Barbecued Steak:
- Preheat the barbecue to the correct temperature before adding the steak. As a general guide, you should be able to hear a sizzle as the steak hits the hot surface. The heat seals the surface, trapping the juices inside.
- Bring steak to room temperature just before cooking. The meat can become tough if it goes straight from the fridge to the barbecue.
- Drain any marinade from the steak before placing it on the barbecue to cook. Excess liquid can ignite on the barbecue and cause a flare-up. Plus, if youre cooking steak on a flatplate, the liquid can boil around the meat and make it tough.
- Limit the number of steaks cooking on the barbecue at any one time. Overcrowding reduces the heat, which can prevent the steaks from cooking evenly and cause them to release juices, making the meat tough.
- Use tongs to turn your steak. Sharp forks can pierce the surface, which allows the juices to escape.
- Cover the steak loosely with foil before resting to keep it warm. If you cover it tightly, the meat will sweat and lose its moisture.
- Clean your barbecue grill or flatplate with a stiff wire brush or scraper while its still warm. This leaves it ready for your next barbie.
Recommended Reading: Seasoning Steak Overnight
Read Also: Steak Restaurants In San Diego
On Cuts And Thickness:
According to chef Dan Sharp of The Meatball Shop in New York City, certain types of steak are better suited for grilling. He recommends a skirt steak for a hot grill, whereas a New York strip or rib eye steak is best for a cast-iron pan over a burner. For pan cooking, Sharp recommends a 3/4- to 1-inch steak because “the thickness gives you time to get a nice crust on the outside without overcooking the inside,” he says.
How To Make My Steak Juicy And Tender
Also Check: Walmart Steaks In A Box
How To Buy A Good Steak
Q: Prime, Choice, or Select. What do they mean?
Cattle are graded after slaughter according to the degree of marbling, as well as the cows age.
All beef thats sold in the U.S. is graded by the United States Department of Agriculture on a scale according to its tenderness and degree of marbling. At the top of the heap is Prime, which denotes an abundant degree of marbling in a cow under 42 months of age. Only about 2% of the beef sold in this country is designated Prime, and most of it goes to restaurants, specialty butchers, and high end supermarkets. Below that is Choice, followed by Select, which are the two grades youll find in most supermarkets.
The grades continue to go down all the way to Canner, which generally comes from very old cows with little fat in their tough meat. Luckily for us, you wont find that grade in stores .
While checking the grade is a quick and easy indicator of the quality of the meat, what you should really be checking for is the degree of marblingthats the interstitial fat that shows up in white spiderwebs throughout the meat.
Why, you might ask, is marbling important? Two reasons: moisture and flavor. As well-marbled meat cooks, the fat will slowly melt, adding juiciness built right into the meat. Non-marbled meat might have plenty of fat on the exterior, but it doesnt enhance the steak in the same way. Sort of like the difference between drinking a glass of chocolate milk or drinking the milk then shooting the chocolate syrup.
Taking Off The Chill Speeds Up Cooking
The goal of grilling a steak is to brown and lightly char the surface while also cooking the interior to a perfectly juicy doneness, right? If the steak is too cold, the interior might require so much cooking time to reach that perfect doneness that the steak overcooks deep below the surface, turning gray and dry.
Let your steaks stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. They will cook faster all the way to the center and stay juicer.
You May Like: Lloyd’s Auto Glass Free Steaks