Variations Of Homemade Italian Salad Dressing
After mastering this Italian vinaigrette recipes basics, there are almost endless ways you can customize it for your liking. The easiest way to start experimenting is to switch up the type of vinegar and oil you use in the recipe.
When it comes to your choice of vinegar, the most popular options are apple cider, balsamic, and red wine vinegar. You will probably want to stay away from harsh white and distilled vinegar. Better choices include:
- Apple cider vinegar is called for in this recipe, and its a good choice if you want a middle-of-the-road Italian vinaigrette that will appeal to the most people. It is also well-known for its multiple health benefits.
- Red wine vinegar is popular, widely available, and inexpensive. As a by-product of making wine, red wine vinegar has multiple varieties, but they have lots of tang to them. If you love a sour taste, you may want to use red wine vinegar.
- Balsamic vinegar is the king of vinegar. It has a thick consistency, reduced tang, and pronounced sweetness. Quality balsamic vinegar is expensive, but using it in a simple vinaigrette is worth it if you like the taste.
You have a lot of flexibility with the oil you choose for this recipe. The biggest decision you will need to make is whether you want to use the oil as a flavoring component or not.
Why We Are The Best Italian Restaurant In The Gta
When dining at NOVITA ITALIAN CUISINE you will savour our heavenly pasta, delectable entrees and our especially delightful desserts NOVITA ITALIAN CUISINE was founded from a dream of creating exquisite meals dedicated to the palates of all food lovers. Our open concept kitchen allows you to witness the excitement and energy we have to offer.
We invite you to relax in the ambience of our modern but homely interior, or experience the fresh, summer breezes with a refreshing beverage and mouthwatering meal while dining on our large patio. With our experienced management team and attentive staff we are dedicated to providing a renewed and invigorating experience for our guests. Dine at Novita Fine Italian Cuisine with friends, family or colleagues and enjoy the adventure of dining at its very best!!!
Kens Steak House Italian Salad Dressing
- Bold Italian flavor inspired by the original Ken’s Steakhouse recipe
- A favorite on green salads, pasta salads, and all Italian meat sandwiches
- Use it to marinade all kinds of meat and as an ingredient for zesty recipes
- Gluten-free and certified Kosher
|Servings Per Container :||About 9|
Shake well.Refrigerate after opening.Cut along perforation.Best when purchased by date on label.
Read Also: Nature’s Reserve Skirt Steak
Tips For Making And Storing The Best Homemade Italian Dressing
- Fresh is best. Chop the fresh garlic and oregano if you can. Oil goes off quicker than you think and will ruin the flavor of your dressing.
- Use as a marinade for beef. This homemade Italian salad dressing works as an excellent quick marinade for skirt or hangar steak.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days. Give the jar a good shake before using the dressing.
History Of Italian Dressing
Would you be disappointed to know that Italian dressing is not an Italian creation? Nope. It was some secret Nonnas recipe dating back centuries that had passed down from generation to generation.
Italian dressing is, in fact, a North American invention dating back to 1935 in Massachusetts. However, would it help to know that it was created by Florence Hanna, who is the daughter of Italian immigrants?
Back in the day, the Hanna family owned a restaurant where they made this dressing in large volumes which became incredibly popular with their customers. The owner Ken Hanna decided to work with some friends to bottle the dressing.
No doubt you may be familiar with Kens Foods labels of salad dressing. Yup, its one and the same, Ken!
Read Also: Cost Of Rib Eye Steak
Whats In Italian Dressing
The classic and original recipe for Italian dressing has long been adapted to varying versions. In fact, when you look up the ingredients for Kens bottled version, youd find you wont even know what half the ingredients are! Cant say the ingredients are very appealing, so best to make your own at home.
The most common ingredients found are olive oil, vinegar, garlic and dried herbs. That will be at least from the base of a good Italian dressing.
Some other ingredients that may be added include Dijon mustard, grated parmesan, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, honey and paprika.
For a creamy Italian dressing, mayonnaise is added to the recipe. Sometimes even sour cream is also added.
For our recipe, we decided to go for a vegan and dairy free version to keep it simple and to allow it also to keep longer.
What Primal Kitchen Products Are Whole30
A Whole30 eliminates processed or industrialized seed oils and sugar from one’s diet for 30 days to help deal with inflammation. Primal Kitchen Mayo, Chipotle Lime Mayo, Avocado Oil, Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, Ranch Dressing and Greek Vinaigrette are all compliantwith no sugar added and avocado oil as the base.
Recommended Reading: How To Make The Best Steak On The Grill
Kens Steak House Salad Dressing Italian
- Enjoy on a salad, in a pasta salad or as a marinade
- Features bold flavors mixed with select ingredients to bring out the best taste in your food
- Check out our website for amazing recipes
- Made by Ken’s A Family-Owned Company
Dressing & Marinade, Italian
|Servings Per Container :||About 16|
Shake well.Refrigerate after opening.Best when purchased by date on label.
Who We Are
When dining at Novita Italian Cuisine you will savour our heavenly pasta, delectable entrees and delightful desserts. Novita Italian Cuisine was founded from a dream of creating exquisite meals dedicated to the palates of all food lovers. We offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options, so there is something for everyone! Our open concept kitchen allows you to witness the excitement and energy we have to offer. We invite you to relax in the ambience of our modern but homely interior, or experience the fresh, summer breeze with a refreshing beverage and mouthwatering meal while dining on our large patio. Our experienced and attentive staff are dedicated to providing you a renewed and invigorating experience.
Read Also: Do Omaha Steaks Gift Cards Expire