How To Cook A Reverse Sear Ribeye
The easiest way to cook a grilled ribeye is to do an oven ribeye. Believe us it will work. This technique will not let you down, and once you master it, youll always prepare your meats like that.
It would help if you never forgot to season the steak. And youll first want to pat the steak dry with a few paper towels. Be sure to dont miss the sides. Smash the garlic with a knife, add sea salt and thyme. Once the seasoning is ready, press it firmly into the steak, all over it. If you are having trouble with the seasoning on the steak, you can always add a bit of oil to stick better.
You can leave the steak to rest a bit with the seasoning and cook it. The main trick of oven ribeye is to place the steak on a cooling rack on top of an oven sheet. You need to bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes or until its done to your likening.
Always let your steak rest before you continue cooking it. It needs to rest for about 15 minutes to help get the juices flowing inside.
While the steak is resting, you should preheat the skillet. Ideally, youll use a cast-iron skillet. Once the skillet is hot, you need to sear both sides of your meat until a crust is formed on each side. At this point, you would want to add a good slice of butter and let it sit on the steak. Put a lid on the skillet a leave it for 1 minute for butter to melt.
Ways To Cook Rib Eye Steak So It’s Tender And Juicy According To A Chef
You can wow your guests with a delicious steak dinner by simply cooking rib eye in the oven. With its rich flavor and tender consistency, this juicy cut tastes just as good as it looks.
Video of the Day
“There really isn’t another cut of meat quite like the rib eye,” Yankel Polak, head chef at ButcherBox, tells LIVESTRONG.com. It’s both easy and quick to cook, he notes.
“The rib eye contains what is, by far, the most flavorful and nearly the most tender bite of beef.”
There are two main ways to cook rib eye steak in the oven: You can either sear the meat and then transfer it to the oven or bake it before searing.
How To Cook Ribeye Steak In The Oven
Sometimes cooking steak can be very intimidating. Paying a pretty penny on the perfect cut only to end up over-cooking it is so heartbreaking! Learning how to cook steak the right way isnt only great for your wallet but also benefits your steak-cooking confidence.
To me, Ribeye is the perfect cut of steak. The beautiful marbling of fat throughout breaks down and cooks into the meat, making it deliciously tender and flavorful without elaborate seasoning. The flavor only gets even better its slow-cooked!
With the reverse sear method, youll learn how to cook Ribeye Steak in the oven perfectly every time. Mastering this easy technique also means you can easily juicy and tender steak to all of your low-carb and keto meals, like Keto Thai Steak Salad and Asian Lettuce Cups.
Also Check: How To Reverse Sear A Steak
Why Should You Reverse Sear Your Steak
It’s called the reverse sear because it flips tradition on its head. Historically, almost every cookbook and chef have taught that when you’re cooking a piece of meat, the first step should be searing. Most often, the explanation is that searing “locks in juices.” These days, we know that this statement is definitively false. Searing does not actually lock in juices at all it merely adds flavor. Flipping the formula so that the searing comes at the end produces better results. But what exactly are those better results?
What Makes This Ribeye Steak So Good
You dont need any skills or a huge list of ingredients for this ribeye steak recipe. Its as simple as steak, oil, garlic, seasoning, and a tiny bit of butter . The cooking time may vary depending on each oven and the size of the steak. My steaks were a little over 1 inch thick. 8 minutes in the oven got me a perfect medium-well steak. If you prefer your steak a little more rare, cook it for less than 8 minutes.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Sirloin Steak
What Do You Need For A Good Ribeye Steak Ingredients
For an excellent grilled ribeye steak, youll need a few simple ingredients, nothing fancy, and
nothing you cant find at your local supermarket.
Ribeye steak: Of course, the first thing youll need is a boneless steak up to 2 ½ inches thick, with marbling fat throughout.
Steak seasoning: The meat is tasty by itself, but you should always add a few simple spices to bring out the flavor. Youll need fresh garlic, sea salt, and a few springs of thyme.
Compound butter: The essential for a good ribeye steak is butter, and compound butter is even better because it will add even more flavor.
Reheating A Broiled Ribeye
Pre-heat the oven to 250 . Place your steak on a baking sheet with a cooling rack or foil and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes, just until heated through.
Be sure to monitor your steak, checking its internal temp if necessary, so you don’t overcook it.
Microwaves often overcook steak or make them rubbery but can be used in a pinch.Microwave your steak for 20 second increments just until heated through.
Be aware, microwaving will likely cook the inside of your steak more and may dry it out a little.
If frozen, thaw your steak in the fridge overnight. If your steak is still a little frozen, you can place it in a freezer bag and set it in a sink of lukewarm water until fully thawed.
You May Like: Good Wine To Pair With Steak
When To Cut A Ribeye Steak
Cutting a ribeye steak is the best way to ensure that it is completely cooked. It is important that you use a meat thermometer to make sure that your steak reaches an internal temperature of 125°F. Before cutting the steak, it is important that you find the prime or the center of the steak, this is where you want your steak to cook. If you cannot see the center, you can stab it with a knife. In order to ensure that the steak stays juicy, it is important that you cook it for 10 minutes per pound of weight.
A Perfect Steak Every Time
- This recipe ensures a perfectly juicy ribeye steak every time!
- Steaks can be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
- A simple cut of beef is packed with flavor without a lot of fancy ingredients, sauces, or marinades.
- This is a foundation recipe and truly, anyone can make great steaks.
- Ive included my favorite tips below to make a restaurant-worthy steak !
Read Also: How Is Omaha Steaks Shipped
How To Prepare Ribeye Steak In The Oven
Preparing this simple ribeye steak in the oven requires a quick sear on the stovetop and a finish under a broil.
- Prepare the Oven: Turn your oven to high broil and place a cast-iron skillet inside for at least 20 minutes.
- Season the Steak: Pat the ribeye steaks dry and season them generously on all sides with salt and coat them with olive oil.
- Sear the Steaks: Move your skillet from the oven to a stovetop, turn it to high, and brown the steaks on all sides for about a minute.
- Broil the Steaks: Move the skillet with the steak back to the oven and broil for about 2 minutes. Flip the steaks over with tongs and broil them for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Allow the Ribeye to Rest: Remove ribeye from the pan and let the cooked steak rest for at least 7 minutes before cutting into it. Bon appetit!
How To Make A Steak
The first step is to get a steak that is already cooked. This is important because you dont want to get your steak wet, as this will affect the cooking process. After this step, you should prepare the steaks. You want to separate the steak from the bone, which you can do by using a steak knife. Next, you want to use the knife to cut the steak into two pieces. You can use a cutting board to do this, or you can use a spatula to make the cut. Once the steak is cut in half, you want to lay the steak onto a paper towel so that it can absorb some of the moisture. In the oven, you can take the steak and place it on a foil pan with a lid. You can also use a foil pan with a lid if you dont have a pan. After this, you want to place the pan into the oven, and let it cook. You want to cook the steak for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
You May Like: 10k Investment Steak N Shake
How To Cook Steak In The Oven
Grilling isn’t the only way.
If you think you need a grill for the perfect steak, think again. For many cutsskirt, flank, ribeye, and even filet mignonthe oven is just as valuable. If you’ve never made steak in the oven beforeno sweat! With our 7 commandments, you’ll be cooking the perfect steak for date night, weeknights or your holiday dinner in no time.
How Long To Cook Ribeye Steak
- Stovetop: Sear your 1 inch cast iron steak for 3 minutes on each side. Then baste with steak renderings for another 3-5 minutes.
- Oven: Sear both sides of a 1-inch steak until well browned then finish the ribeye steak in the oven for about 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a medium-well steak.
- Grill: Set the grill to high heat for an inferred grill and medium-high for a direct flame grill. cook each side of the steak for about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Steak bites: Since steak tips or steak bites are small, they cook very fast. Once they hit the hot cast iron pan, cook them for no more than 2-3 minutes.
Also Check: How To Cook A Good Steak On The Grill
Some More Recipes You Will Love:
Steak and Lobster: Thick, tender Eye of the Ribeye Steak and sweet succulent baby lobster tails. Serve with garlic butter sauce, fresh horseradish aioli, lemon wedges, and sides of choice.
How to Cook a Tri-Tip Roast in the Oven: This budget-friendly cut of beef has very little fat. A two or three-hour marinade increases the flavor and tenderness of this flavorful cut of beef. Oven-roasted at a high temperature gives this tri-tip beef a rich crust and a moist and juicy center.
Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Garlic-Herb Compound Butter: Juicy beef tenderloin steaks cooked to a medium-rare and served with garlic-herb compound butter. The compound butter enhances the flavors of this tender cut of beef.
What Goes With An Oven Cooked Ribeye Steak
A rich, juicy steak is always appreciated whether it is on a busy weeknight or the main event for a fancy dinner. A nice thick ribeye steak is one of our favorite cuts of beef and adapts well to any or all of the following suggestions:
- How about a Hasselback potatoes basted with garlic butter with crisp edges on each slice. Or some easy multi-colored sheet pan roasted potatoes flavored with rosemary and garlic.
- You absolutely need a crisp salad and ourtossed green salad with gorgonzola and cranberries is delightful. The champagne vinaigrette dressing is easy to prepare, just add the ingredients to a jar, shake and pour.
- Adding a crunchy loaf of sourdough garlic bread and your favorite red wine would be a fine finish for this oven cooked ribeye steak.
You May Like: How Much Does A Wagyu A5 Steak Cost
If You Enjoyed This Recipe Here Are A Few More Recipes Like My Oven Ribeye Steak I Think Youll Love:
French Onion Pot Roast Tender and delicious pot roast recipe cooked to pull-apart perfection in a slow cooker layered with tender onions in a savory sauce.
Slow Cooked Tender London Broil This London broil recipe is super easy and absolutely melt in your mouth delicious. The flavor is slightly sweet but mostly savory.
Steakhouse Burger Made with a juicy quarter pound ground beef patty, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms with mayonnaise and mustard.
Best Patty Melt Ever Made with rye bread, a mustard grilled hamburger patty, caramelized onions, burger sauce, muenster and cheddar cheese.
How To Tell If A Steak Is Cooked
People avoid cooking steak at home because they are afraid of overcooking or undercooking their steak. Again, we have some great pointers for you so that it wont happen.
The best and the easiest way to know if the steak is perfectly cooked is to use an instant-read thermometer. Its a small investment, so buy it to prepare excellent steaks at home if you dont have one.
Depending on your likening, youll know your steak is ready when it hits these temperatures:
- Medium-well: 150°F
- Well done: 160°F
To hit the perfect temperature, get the steak off the heat when its 5 degrees away from your desired temperature because it will continue to cook for a bit while it rests. Now you almost know how to cook a ribeye.
You May Like: Cutco 8 Piece Steak Knife Set
How To Properly Cook Ribeye Steak In The Oven
We dont need to ask you if you like ribeye steak we already know the answer. Because who doesnt love a perfectly cooked ribeye? The problem is how to cook a ribeye at home to be just as good as the one you can order at a restaurant. You can do it in the oven, and you finish it in a skillet. So dont worry, weve got you covered with some top-notch professional advice.
Youll learn how to properly use the reverse sear ribeye technique that will give your ribeye steak the love it deserves. And you wont be intimidated by a ribeye steak recipe ever again.
Tips For The Best Steak
To make tender and juicy steak every time there are a couple of tips. First, allow the raw steaks to come to room temperature before cooking. This will ensure that they cook evenly. Secondly, dont overcook the steaks, this will cause them to dry out. And finally, allow the meat to rest after it has finished cooking. This will help the juices to remain in the meat.
Don’t Miss: Pat’s King Of Steaks Philly
Tips For The Best Ribeye Steak Recipe
A succulent, juicy ribeye recipe is a thing of beauty. And while it may seem like the domain of professional chefs, with a little know-how, its easy to make a delicious ribeye at home. Here are some tips for the best way to cook ribeye steak:
- Leave steaks in one place to sear. You do want to flip frequently for this method, but dont move the steaks around in between. This ensures good browning.
- Flip with tongs or a spatula. Do not use a fork and dont squeeze hard. This will cause the juices to run out.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. A meat thermometer is the best way to ensure you get the doneness you want .
- Let steaks rest. They will retain their juices better if they sit for 5-10 minutes after cooking, before you cut into them.
- Cut slices against the grain. Cutting against the grain helps to break apart the muscle fibers in the meat, resulting in a more tender texture that is easier to chew.
Tips For Your Best Rib Eye Steak
- âAlways let the rib eye rest after cooking it.â Polak explains why: “Heat drives moisture in the meat to the surface, where some of it will inevitably evaporate during cooking.” This is why meat will shrink down during the cooking process. But a steak’s natural juices are retained, and as the meat rests, the juices move away from the surface and get reabsorbed into the protein fibers of the meat, Polak says. The result is “incredibly juicy beef with every bite,” he says. Polak recommends letting individual steaks rest for 5 to 8 minutes. Larger chops and roasts should rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- âCut the rib eye against the grain.â This will help it become more tender and easier to chew. Considering this cut of meat has a robust flavor, “you can really experiment with sauces and sides without worrying about overwhelming the star of the meal,” Polak says.
- âPair with veggies for a complete meal.â Try serving rib eye with plant-based side dishes likebaked or steamed asparagus, mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts or sweetpotato fries.
Don’t hesitate to try other delicious recipes, such as pan-seared rib eye, roasted beef with potatoes and broccoli, steak casserole or pan-grilled steak and vegetables.
You can also slow-cook rib eye steak in the oven or in a slow cooker, but make sure to first sear it on both sides to enhance its color and flavor.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy A 72 Oz Steak