Is Online Meat Delivery Safe
If youre looking for an alternative to your traditional local butcher or big chain supermarket , getting meat delivered to your door seems too good to be true.
But is it actually safe to ship high-quality meat?
It turns out it is.
There are a few different methods online butchers use to deliver meat safely.
Most meat is shipped frozen, with insulated boxes and dry ice inside to keep the temperature cold.
Selection of meat ordered from Porter Road
Companies like Porter Road and Snake River Farms use bio-degradable insulation to cut down on waste.
Aged Angus Top Sirloin By Nebraska Star Beef All Natural Hand Cut And Trimmed And Includes Seasoning Gourmet Steak Package Delivered To Your Door
- Top Sirloin Gift Package of 10 One of the best values in the line all of these steaks are antibiotic and hormone free and will not disappoint and are cut from lean Top Sirloin and average 1 in thick
- All American Gift Baskets for the Grilling Season Whether its finding the perfect Birthday or Fathers Day gift or just to say thank you our steak gift packages are the perfect way to show your appreciation
- Aged to Perfection Aging is an absolutely critical element to overall meat quality and is why each of our steaks are first aged on the hanger and then at least another 35 days of wet aging
- Steak Seasoning The seasoning that started it all for NSB. This is a classic steak house flavor that is bright and vibrant. It adds a new dimension to all meats but it particularly good on steak
- Delivered to Your Doorstep Skip the restaurant and grocery line and get this steak pack sent directly to your house so you can spend more time with family and less time shopping for groceries
Additional Info :
The Quick Facts On Top Sirloin Steak
- 100% AAA Canadian top sirloin
- Naturally raised
- Free from added hormones and antibiotics
It’s hard to argue with a steak thats nicknamed the baseball cut. Its big, thick, flavorful, and forgiving. Our center cut top sirloin steaks are cut from AAA Canadian-raised beef thats aged for a minimum of 30 days. These are true center-cut steaks, completely cleaned and denuded before theyre portionedsomething you wont find in stores. Best of all, we hand cut our top sirloin steaks custom to order. Top sirloin steak can be prepared many ways and brings its own unique flavorits a meat lovers staple for a reason.
Also Check: What Steak Should I Order
How To Cook Top Sirloin Filet Steaks
Disclaimer: Some of the links you will find below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Cookies will be used to track the affiliate links you click.
In my quest to master the world of steaks and all the different cuts, I am always keep my eyes peeled for cuts that I have not talked about on this blog before.
A last night journey into my local Meijer store, I spotted the Top Sirloin Filet steak. The package came with two steaks on sale for $4.99/pound. I snatched those puppies up and toss them in the freezer until I was ready to use them.
In our house I like to save the steaks dinner for later in the evening when the kids are in bed and my wife and I can just enjoy without interruption. Trying to perfectly cook a steak with screaming kids all around you is one of lifes greatest challenges!
Is Sirloin A Good Cut Of Steak
The sirloin steak is supremely yummy, and if its good enough for a colossal King like Henry VIII, then its definitely good enough for you and your guests!
Whether you have it as a stand-alone steak with a simple side, or add a Portuguese or Mexican twist to it, you are bound to love this knighted steak!
Recommended Reading: Lean Steak For Weight Loss
What Is Sirloin Steak Also Known As
Legend has it that the sirloin steak is called as such because Henry VIII was so impressed by it that he knighted it and called it Sir Loin, and the name has stuck ever since.
Whether this is true or not, no one knows, but its a story that sounds good to us!
There are many other cuts with sirloin labels, such as sirloin tips, sirloin flap and even petite sirloin, which are all very different pieces.
So just in case theres any confusion at the counter, the Industry ID for the sirloin steak is 1184 .
How To Cook Sirloin On A Grill Or Smoker
The sirloin can be either grilled or smoked, and both methods achieve a banging beefy hit!
As per our guide on how long to cook steak, with a cut that is 3 cm to 4 cm thick, you can place it on a grill that has already reached a high heat for around 2 to 3 minutes each side until the desired doneness is achieved.
With so many grill instructions readily available, we thought we would give you our favorite way to smoke the sirloin:
Recommended Reading: Skirt Steak Stop And Shop
What Are The Most Popular Beef Sirloin Steaks Models On The Market Today
There are a variety of beef sirloin steaks products available on the market today for men & women who are looking for quality and reliability. All beef sirloin steaks models base themselves on the same basic principle. However, they suit different user preferences.
Its no secret that different products are popular among different demographics. But what if you could see which items were the most popular among all consumers? Well, you can, and weve got the list for you. Check out our list to select products that everyone seems to love, regardless of their age, gender, or location.
Some tips to Select the Most Popular beef sirloin steaks
- The three most important factors to consider when selecting the most popular products are price, quality, and popularity.
- Price is one of the more obvious considerations since you want to make sure it is reasonable for your needs.
- Quality should also be considered because if you buy a product with poor quality then that will not help with your overall goal of finding the best possible product.
- Finally, popularity may not seem like an important factor but it can actually be just as crucial as either price or quality considering how many consumers there are in this world looking for great deals on amazing products!
Whats The Best Way To Cook Top Sirloin
Everybody loves a good steak and what better way to prepare it than to crisp its edges a little and to get all those yummy juices flowing. You can get some great grill marks, just like this:
Three tips when getting those perfect grill marks:
. Use a medium-high heat. . Make sure your grate is bright, clean and oiled. . Cook on the board diagonal to the flame.
Simple as that!
Another important tip for cooking steak is to let it rest after cooking. As you know, cooking meat compresses the fibres, so let your steak rest for a few minutes at room temperature before cutting it into thin slices. The reason is that when you cut into your steak while it is still hot, it will release juice and flavour. So let it rest before cutting.
I recommend a technique called reverse searing. Its as simple as cooking a steak on a griddle, removing it from the searing hot pan and into a cooler area to rest while you finish the pan. This method will give you a much better crust than searing it in a pan directly over the heat source. It cooks all the way through and the outside becomes a lovely medium-rare.
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Steak Po Boy
What Is Sirloin Steak
It sits in the sirloin primal next to the loin, which is a step away from the home of other famous cuts such as the Porterhouse and the T-bone steak.
Nearly always gracing the menu pages of every restaurant around, youve probably had one of these guys at some point in your life.
Best For Delicacies: Dartagnan
DArtagnan prides itself on hormone-free and antibiotic-free meats from animals that live a stress-free life with plenty of space to move around. They have a wide range of beef, pork, lamb, and poultry , as well as more uncommon fare like rabbit, venison, and wild boar. Charcuterie items include rillettes, cured meats, bacon, sausages, and mousses, as well as charcuterie gift boxes.
For those who want something a bit more special, they also sell duck foie gras, fresh truffles, caviar, and ramps and fiddlehead ferns. A wide range of gift boxes are great for gift-giving or treating yourself, and the pantry section is worth a look for the demi-glace, duck fat, and fancy olive oils.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Tomahawk Steak Los Angeles
How To Buy Top Sirloin Steak
When buying any cut of steak, pay attention to the marbling and meat thickness. Every cut is unique, so a little extra time here is warranted.
For marbling, you want to stick to the middle section. You want some in long lines so the fat melts while cooking, but not too much to where the beef gets tough.
As for thickness, a thick cut is best. The thinner a steak is, the easier it is to overcook. Shoot for at least an inch thick to avoid overcooking. Keep in mind that a thicker cut of meat may need longer cooking, smoking, or marinating time.
According to the USDA, more marbling is an indicator of good quality beef. The grades include prime, choice, select, or standard. Choose based on what youre cooking and how much you want to pay.
Most of the time, the more you pay, the finer the piece of meat will be. Top sirloin is a more affordable cut of steak, so you should be able to get a thick cut without overpaying for it.
Also Check: Samâs Club Philly Cheese Steak
What Is A Baseball Steak
You may have come across the term baseball steak and asked yourself, What is a baseball steak?
Well, youre in for a treat with this cut of top sirloin steak. Baseball steaks have a round shapethink filet mignonbut are more flavorful and affordable.
We look deeper into this unusual steak cut, examining where it comes from and how to cook it to perfection.
Also Check: What Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
The Origins Of Delmonico Steak
The story of the Delmonico steak is said to have begun at a popular steak house, or restaurant, in New York City in the 1830s.
The Delmonico Restaurant was a popular first-class eatery in the city at this point in time.
Before the 1830s, most restaurants in the city would choose the meal for their guests. They did not have specific menus, but only have one or two meals per day.
Then in the 30s, restaurants started to design menus and give diners different options. This was also a trend which the Delmonico adopted very early on.
This social change and transformation to a service focused on diners is what the Delmonico is most famous for.
As part of this change, the Delmonico also offered a specific butchers cut which was called the Delmonico Steak.
The introduction of specific meat cut choices was the first step for restaurants to lift their standards from an average eatery to a first-class dining experience.
In addition to the specific Delmonico steak, the Delmonico restaurant was also the first eater to add other famous meals, such as Eggs Benedict, Delmonico potatoes and Baked Alaska.
The Delmonico has given New York City, and other parts of the US, the staple meat cut of the Delmonico steak, while at the same time transforming the restaurant scene of New York.
Recipe With Grocery Store Steak
Steak with quail egg, haricots verts and bacon
Steak with quail egg, haricots verts and bacon. Which you can make from steak from a Grocery Store quickly and delicious!
Type: Main Course
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 haricot verts with bacon
Steak with quail egg, haricots verts and bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Spread the potato croquettes on the baking sheet. Remove the foil from the haricots verts dish and place it on the baking tray with the croquettes. Slide the baking sheet into the oven. Bake the croquettes and harticots verts for about 15 minutes, until the croquettes are golden brown. Cover the haricots verts with aluminum foil if the bacon turns too dark.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and half of the oil in a frying pan. Brown the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side and pink on the inside? or cooked to your liking. Keep the meat moving continuously. Place the meat on a warm plate, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the other half of the olive oil in the frying pan. Break the quail eggs above the pan and fry a fried egg for 2 minutes, or fry until the egg white has just set.
- Leg de biefstukken op borden. Leg de kwarteleitjes op het vlees. Leg de haricots verts erbij en serveer met de aardappelkroketjes.
Dont Miss: Where To Buy Bulk Steak
Don’t Miss: Bourbon Steak Jw Marriott Nashville
Top Prime Beef Cuts At The Fresh Market
Our stores have some of the most robust selections of USDA Prime beef you can find. While you cant go wrong with any of our Prime cuts, some are more popular than othersincluding NY Strip Steak, Rib-Eye Steak, Filet Mignon and Whole Beef Tenderloin. These guest favorites are tender, juicy, flavorful and always a cut above.
- USDA Prime NY Strip Steak This iconic steak is cut from the loin and beloved by meat-eaters. You might know it as Kansas City steak. We recommend enhancing this cut with simple ingredients, like the oil used in our recipe for Grilled New York Strip Steak with Garlic Herb Oil.
- USDA Prime Rib-Eye Steak Rib-Eye steaks are known for both tenderness and rich flavor. When you choose Prime Rib-Eye steaks, the naturally high intramuscular fat makes it ideal for grilling , and the result is tender and incredibly juicy.
- USDA Prime Filet Mignon The most tender of all beef cuts, Filet Mignon is highly desirable for its versatility and rich flavor. Excellent pan-fried, grilled or broiled, especially when served with a complementary sauce. Our Rosemary Crusted Filet Mignon is a real show-stopper!
- USDA Prime Flank Steak Cut from the underside of beef, this area yields especially flavorful meat thats best served medium-rare. This cut is very lean so we recommend marinating it for extra moisture.
The Ultimate Guide To Top Sirloin Steak
Does top sirloin steak figure into your weekly dinner rotation? It shouldheres why.
This humble steak battles a bit of a reputation as a tough, chewy, inferior cut. And while its generally more affordable and easier to prepare on a weeknight than luxe ribeyes or porterhouse steaks, you do not have to settle for leathery top sirloin. Ever.
Top sirloin steak is quick and easy to prepare, and well teach you how to cook it up juicy and delicious every time. Its a lot easier than you think.
In this guide, well cover:
- A quick breakdown of top sirloin steak
- How to cook top sirloin steak
- Mouthwatering recipes to get you started
Read on for the ultimate guide to top sirloin steak, and how you can work this comfort food steak into your weekly rotation.
Also Check: How Long To Marinate Steak
Premium Baseball Top Sirloin
Every top sirloin we offer is certified USDA Prime or upper-1/3 USDA Choice, putting our steaks in the top 2% of beef worldwide. Each steak is hand-selected and hand carved to ensure you get the best cut possible, and then dry- or wet-aged to intensify its naturally delicious flavor. That is why our baseball cut top sirloin are among the most flavorful, juicy, and tender top sirloins youll ever eat. Theyre the same amazing top sirloins youll get at 5-star restaurants like Jordans or Ditkas. In short, the very best steaks your money can buy.
Our popular Beef Top Sirloin meats have a bold and beefy flavor youll love, but now with a thick and round cut the Baseball Cut Sirloin. You can enjoy the bold sirloin flavor with a presentation that matches its taste. Its Going All The WayThis flavor packed steak is ideal for broiling, pan searing, and grilling. Take a ride to Steak University to learn more about the cut and how to cook the famous Baseball Steak. Whether sending this as a gift, or enjoying it for yourself, this cut is sure to please!
If your steak is frozen, we recommend thawing it in a pan, thawing in a pan helps catch any drippings that may occur, under refrigeration for 24 hours.
Season with our signature steak seasoning.
When turning your steak, be sure to use tongs and not a fork. A fork will puncture the steak and allow for the juices to escape the steak.