How Long Should Kangaroo Steaks Be Cooked
The best way for cooking kangaroos steaks depends on the taste you want your steak to have and how you prefer to eat your food cooked.
If you like pink in the middle of your steak then pan-searing or grilling will be the best option for you. However, if you like your meat well done then baking in the oven would work better for this cooking style.
The cooking time also depends on the thickness of the meat.
For example, a steak that is ¼ inch thick will be done in about five minutes while one ½ inch thick may take up to ten minutes on the grill or stove-top pan.
To make sure you are cooking your kangaroos steaks correctly, we recommend checking for doneness at least every minute.
You May Like: How Long Can Omaha Steaks Stay Frozen
Rosemary Garlic Ribeye Steak Recipe
Aromatic and glistening with butter, there is nothing quite as impressive or delicious as a perfectly cooked ribeye steak. Between the tender marbling and mouthwatering garlic rosemary flavors, this ultimate protein is going to be the star of the show. You will love the way this flavorful steak melts in your mouth! Just 5 simple ingredients enhance this amazing ribeye to rival anything you can get from a steakhouse! Yeah, I said it!
I will walk you step-by-step through the process of creating the most wonderful steak at home- from picking out your meat to searing it up in your pan! As intimidating as it sounds, making a buttery-soft steak in your kitchen is actually quite easy! Most importantly, only a few minutes of prep and cooking are needed. Simplicity is key here- no fancy ingredients or cooking techniques are required!
What Does A Marinade Do
Marinades are made from acidic or enzyme components like wine, vinegar, lemon juice, or any combination of them. The acids change the consistency of the meat, making it tender.
Marinades usually contain salt herbs & bold flavors which in turn flavor the meat.
Marinades help with caramelization to give that nice brown crust we love so much.
Read Also: Country Fried Steak Sam’s Club
Best Steak Marinade Variations:
- Use ½ cup apple cider instead of the balsamic vinegar.
- Add ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce to add a deeper flavor.
- Mix in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice to act as another meat tenderizer.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning to add in a slight herb flavor.
- Mix in minced garlic or garlic powder to your steak marinade to add a slight garlic flavor.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to the marinade to add a spice to your steak.
Instructions For Steak Marinade
This beef marinade is perfect for any steak but especially for skirt steak. It tenderizes and creates a delicious flavor locking in on the skirt steak. So simple to make, you are going to love how juicy an tender your skirt steak is.
Recommended Reading: Omaha Steaks Delivery Tracking
To Make The Steaks In A Skillet
The Ins And Outs Of Marinading
This marinade ticks all the boxes for a perfectly balanced marinade that will create the perfect flavor. Here are some know hows for the perfect marinade everytime.
- Keep it in the Fridge: When you marinate raw meat, it should be kept in the fridge to prevent bacteria from growing. Keep it tightly sealed in the fridge for the entire time. Remove when ready to cook.
- Do Not Reuse Marinade: Because the marinade has been sitting in raw meat it should be discarded immediately and not reused. If you want to baste your meat with more marinade while cooking, make a fresh batch that has not come in contact with raw meat. Never serve marinade that has come in contact with raw meat on the side.
- How Long to Marinate: Meat can be marinaded anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours. Be careful to not over-marinate as it can entirely break down your meat or make it tough.
- What cuts work best for Marinating: Thinner, flatter pieces of meat work better for marinating than large ones like a roast. You can slice up larger cuts into serving size or even bite-size to get better flavor and tenderization.
- What to use: I like to use a large enough zip-lock plastic bag to put the marinade and meat together. Remove as much air as possible from the bag. You want as much of the marinade to touch the meat as possible. Then place the bag in a shallow pan so that the meat can lie flat and place it in the fridge. Flip the bag over halfway through marinating to make sure all the meat is equally flavored.
You May Like: Did Mcdonald’s Discontinue Egg White Delight
The Best Steak For Marinades
While the effects of marinades are often debated, we can all agree that prime steaks like T-bone and strip steak are best salted, peppered, and cooked to temperature. All other steaks benefit from a marinade to help with flavor and tenderness. This marinade is ideal for flank, flat-iron, and tri-tip steak. Smaller steaks like skirt and hanger work well, but make sure you double up on the steaks or reduce the amount of marinade for this recipe.
Read Also: Steak Of The Month Club Butchers Market
What Is A Steak Marinade
Steak marinade is a liquid that steak soaks in for some time. While marinades can help out the flavor of steak in about 30 minutes or so, they work their best magic when steaks soak in them for several hours, or even a full day, before cooking.
Steak marinades have two primary purposes: flavoring steak and tenderizing steak. Some cuts of steak simply dont have a strong beef flavor profile like others, so a little extra zest from a marinade adds just the right amount of flavor. And, some cuts simply arent as tender as others, but a marinade breaks down tough fibers to make them easier to chew.
How does the magic happen?
Well, people typically make steak marinades with specific types of ingredients that do the trick. A good steak marinade uses salt, oil, acid, and flavoring. The salt helps tenderize the steak and allows the other flavors to penetrate. Oil is a necessary fat for a marinade that helps keep everything moist while preventing acidic flavors from overwhelming the steak.
Acid ingredients, like lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, break down the meat to keep it tender while adding some extra flavor. Finally, chefs add herbs and spices, like steak seasoning or fresh garlic, to round out the marinades flavor profile.
How To Freeze Marinated Steak
If you cant get to cooking your marinated steak within 24 hours, you can safely freeze the meat in the marinade to be used later. Thats why I love using the freezer-safe re-usable bags when marinating steak, for you can just toss them right into the freezer for later. When its time to cook the steak, just thaw the meat and cook.
How Long Do I Cook Steak On Each Side
When we are grilling steaks at home, I usually grill over medium high heat, using a propane grill.
I allow the steaks to cook for 7 minutes on each side before flipping them over. I recommend only flipping them once. You will end up with the perfect medium-rare steak every time!
Adjust cooking time accordingly based on the doneness you prefer.
A digital meat thermometer is the best way to gauge doneness until you get the hang of it. Here is a basic guide, keep in mind that the higher the temperature you cook your steak to, the more likely they are to be tough and dry.
- 130 °F: Rare
- 150°F: Medium Well
- 160° F: Well Done
Learn how to grill steak perfectly every time to make sure that your steak is cooked to your preference.
Recommended Reading: Steak Of The Month Club Butchers Market
How To Make This Easy Steak Marinade:
- Whisk marinade ingredients: in a mixing bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, pepper and rosemary until well blended.
- Pour over steaks and marinate: place steak in a gallon size resealable bag, place steak in gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over steaks, seal bag while pressing out excess air. Let marinate.
Traymoor Your Online Butcher
Through our online butchers shop, Traymoor delivers restaurant-quality meat across Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, and London . We offer everything from roasting joints to steaks, chickens, speciality sausages, lamb chops, burgers, stewing steak and more. For great value, take a look at our excellent meat packs.
Traymoor sources only the highest quality produce from approved suppliers with full product traceability. For that reason, we are proud members of the Aberdeen Angus Cattle Society and the Scotch Beef Club.
Read Also: Omaha Steaks Dry Ice Disposal
Can You Freeze
Yes, you can freeze leftover steak for up to 2-3 months for the best quality. To freeze leftover steak, wrap it tightly with foil or freezer paper and then store it in an air tight container or freezer bag.
Allow the steak to defrost in the refrigerator and then reheat it and enjoy. You will want to eat the steak the same day after defrosting it.
How Did Our 3
We had absolutely no complaints about this 3-ingredient steak marinade. The soy sauce brought the perfect level of saltiness, accentuating the steak’s beefy flavor without overpowering it. The balsamic vinegar was not only tangy, but it also brought a subtle sweetness to the steak that we found quite enjoyable. And while we didn’t exactly notice the flavor of the olive oil, we know it was there because the other components were able to shine through.
The steak became even more flavorful when we added the optional marinade ingredients . We recommend limiting these additions to one or two so the flavor doesn’t become too intense or confusing. After all, the marinade’s purpose is to enhance the steak’s flavor and keep it juicy and moist as it cooks. If you add too many things, you may only be able to taste the marinade, not beefy steak itself.
You May Like: Mcdonalds Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Calories
How To Make Steak Marinade With Balsamic
This quick steak marinade takes less than 5 minutes to make and all it takes is 5 easy ingredients!
First, youll want to whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Then, pour the marinade into a plastic bag, add the steaks, and move them around a bit so that all of the steaks are covered in some of the marinade.
Refrigerate the meat for 3 to 8 hours!
TIP: The optimal marinating time is between 3 and 8 hours, but not longer. The meat can get mushy if it sits too long in the marinade.
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you want to cook them to let them come to room temperature a bit. This will help them cook evenly.
TIP: Store the bag in a glass bowl or container and if youre around, flip and rotate the bags of steak every so often. This isnt required, but will help ensure that the top sirloin steak marinade is coating all of the meat well.
After marinating the steaks, cook them using your favorite method typically either on the grill or in the oven. Here is how to cook steak in the oven.
How Long Should You Marinate Steak With This 3
You don’t need to marinate a steak for as long as you might think. In our first 3-ingredient steak marinade test batch, our top sirloin steak was in the marinade for only 30 minutes before cooking it. Was it long enough? You bet! The flavor coated the exterior of the steak, seasoning each slice to the perfect amount of flavor. The flavors were stronger when we extended the marinade time to four hours but not necessarily any better or worse than our 30-minute marinade.
You certainly don’t want to marinate the steak for longer than 24 hours. The acidic component of the marinade will work overtime. Instead of tenderizing the outside of the meat, it will turn it to mush. That’s not exactly the texture we’re hoping to use to describe our steak. The salt in the marinade can also become too intense over time, so try to keep your marinade time between 30 minutes and 12 hours for the best results.
You May Like: How Long Can Omaha Steaks Stay Frozen
How Do You Make A Steak Marinade
Although the key to a great steak is the marinade, dont worry, you wont have to plan for hours in advance to reap its benefits. Thats because today Im sharing with you my secret for a 20-minute marinade that will transform even cheaper cuts into delicious and tender steak with enough flavor to make you forget to pull out the A-1.
This steak marinade starts with a base of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, which makes a perfect combination for tenderizing the meat. I whisk the soy and vinegar together with the oil, worcestershire sauce, honey, herbs, dry mustard, and garlic powder. All of these ingredients will infuse into the steak for big flavor. Add the steak and the marinade into a sealable bag, and chill for 15-20 minutes in the fridge before throwing your steak on the grill.
Is Balsamic Vinegar A Good Marinade For Steak
Yes. Balsamic vinegar is a good marinade for steaks for two reasons. It helps:
- Tenderize: The acid in this great steak marinade help to break down some of the protein and fat in the beef, which makes it more tender.
- Flavor: The balsamic vinegar also adds a subtle sweet flavor, without adding any sugars or sweeteners. While the dark vinegar stands up to flavorful red meat, you could also swap it for white wine vinegar and try this marinade on chicken or fish.
Don’t Miss: Seasoning For Ribeye
Do You Have To Use Soy Sauce To Make A 3
One of the major ingredients in our 3-ingredient steak marinade recipe is soy sauce. This salty liquid is made from fermented soybeans and wheat, adding both savory flavor and salt to season the steak. But, because it’s made with wheat, it’s off-limits to anyone following a gluten-free diet.
If you want to skip the soy sauce, you can use several other ingredients that make a good substitution. The easiest one to use is tamari, a Japanese version of soy sauce that is often made without wheat. Be sure to double-check the bottle to ensure that it is actually gluten-free, as some versions of tamari contain trace amounts of wheat. You could also use coconut aminos or liquid aminos. Coconut aminos is made from fermented coconut sap, and liquid aminos is made from non-fermented soybeans. Both of these products are naturally gluten-free, but they’re sweeter and less salty than soy sauce.
A third option is to skip the soy sauce altogether. You can simply use the other two ingredients with a pinch of salt, but you’ll need to increase the oil and balsamic by a half-tablespoon each to make up the difference in liquid content.
How To Make The Perfect Steak
You need 3 things in order to have a delicious steak:
Once you have these three things, make this homemade steak marinade. It really is delicious! I am seriously now thinking of buying enough rib eye or tri tip to last me the entire week so I can eat more of this!
Recommended Reading: How Do I Track My Omaha Steaks Order
Tips For Steak Marinade
- This marinade can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, so its great to make in advance if youre entertaining. You can even freeze your marinade for up to 2 months if need be!
- Feel free to use a low sodium soy sauce if youre watching your salt intake.
- Italian seasoning is a blend of dried herbs that can be found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores. This seasoning is typically a blend of dried basil, parsley, garlic and oregano. If you cant find Italian seasoning, you can blend together your own dried herbs in equal amounts.
- The steak in these photos is topped with an herb butter which is super easy to make. Simply combine 1/4 cup softened butter with 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs, 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic, salt and pepper. Add a dollop of butter on top of each steak as it comes off the grill.
- This marinade works well with most cuts of beef, I recommend using it on flank steak, New York strip, ribeye, sirloin or filet mignon.