How To Cook An Expensive Ribeye
There are a few things you can do to make cooking an expensive ribeye more affordable. One is to buy it frozen, which will save you money on the cost of shipping and storage. Another option is to cook it in its natural juices, which will reduce the cost of ingredients and make the ribeye taste even better.
Should You Flip A Steak On A Pan
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as the decision depends on the individual. Some people believe that flipping a steak on a pan can create a delicious and crispy Arthur Anderson steak, while others find it to be clumsy and time-consuming. Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference.
How To Cook Bone
The use of a sous vide machine for your Bone-In Ribeye is an easy way to ensure you dont over or undercook your steak. Sous vide uses a low-heat, long-time cooking process which allows for an evenly cooked Bone-In Ribeye from end to end and guarantees every bite is as tender and juicy as the first.
Note: Steaks cooked under 130°F should not be cooked longer than 2½ hours at a time due to food safety concerns.
Follow these directions to cook your Bone-In Ribeye sous vide:
- Preheat your water bath: Fill your sous vide container up with warm water and set the sous vide device to the appropriate temperature for the desired doneness.
- Medium-Well: 145°F
- All our steaks arrive vacuum-sealed in sous-vide-ready, heat-stable packaging, allowing you to simply add them to the water bath and cook to your desired degree of doneness. However, if you have the means to repackage your steaks into sous vide heat-stable bags at home, we recommend seasoning your steaks with Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning for an enhanced flavor, prior to cooking in the sous vide. Another option is to add fresh herbs and a Kansas City Steak Finishing Butter, along with your raw steak, into the heat-stable vacuum seal bag before sealing.
- After thawing, bringing to room temperature, seasoning, and preheating the sous vide you’re ready to start cooking.
Also Check: How To Grill Tri Tip Steak
Whats The Best Steak For Grilling
While not inexpensive, a ribeye steaks flavor is worth the price. Always choose a bone-in steak. The bone adds flavor to the meat, and a thicker steak will always produce a meatier, more tender and flavorful steak. Sometimes hell choose an aged steak, sometimes a prime. Either way, its more about HOW he cooks than WHAT he cooks.
How To Grill Ribeye Steak :
- For the perfect medium-rare degree of doneness, your Ribeye steak grill time should be 912 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 1215 minutes for a 1& frac12 inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
- Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise about 5°F during this time . The final temperature will read 135°F.
- Resting steak is important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
- To check the degree of doneness, use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature of your steak.
Read Also: Best Steak Knives On Amazon
How To Season Steak
Some aficionados say that a good quality beef doesnt need any seasoning. To some degree, this may be true. However, at the bare minimum, adding salt is crucial.
Not only does salt add flavor to beef, but it also acts like a sponge, bringing proteins from inside the meat up to the surface. Those proteins are what creates a wonderfully delicious crust .
PRO TIP:To prevent meat from drying out, add salt just before you place it on the grill.
The best seasoning for steak
For an extra boost of flavor, make a steak rub using fresh herbs and spices. Just like salt, it serves a dual purpose as a seasoning and as a dry marinade.
My preference is my homemade steak seasoning. The orange zest and dill mixed with onion, salt and pepper dance on your tongue. Its a full flavor seasoning mix that compliments the beef.
Plus, homemade seasoning has less salt than store bought steak seasoning. If you make my Montreal seasoning recipe, you will only need 2 teaspoons .
After grilling, the meat is topped with a slice of homemade compound butter. This is all you need for the best steak you will ever eat!
No need for any steak sauce or other condiments. Its the simplicity of a dry rub, seared grilling, and melting herb butter on top.
Getting Rib Caps At The Butcher Shop
Visiting the butcher shop for a ribcap steak is your best bet to ensure youre getting the quality steak you want. Your butcher is likely to carry the best of the best USDA Prime and Certified Angus Beef, and you can advise the butcher that youd like only the rib cap. If they dont already have some cut, theyll be able to butcher it for you to give you just that delicious, flavorful eye of prime beef.
You can also ask your butcher for the tenderloin wrapped in butchers twine, so you can enjoy the rest of the tenderloin too.
You May Like: Omaha Steaks Advertised On Tv
Also Check: Where To Buy High Quality Steak
What Is Ribeye Steak
Ribeye steak, also known as a rib steak, ribeye, beauty steak, or Delmonico steak, is a tender and flavorful cut thats prized as the epitome of what a steak should look and taste like. Its juicy, has an excellent texture, and is pretty versatile in the kitchen.
Ribeye is famous for its marbling, or the fat that runs through it. When the fat renders, or cooks out, from heat, it disperses its flavor through the meat and keeps the steak tender. Youll see marbling when you pick up a piece of ribeye and find the detailed white lines running throughout.
What To Serve With Ribeye Steak Recipes
Once youve perfected your pan seared ribeye, the next question is what to make to go with it. Try these mouthwatering sides!
- Easy Veggies Use compound butter to saute your favorite veggies such as sauteed asparagus , sauteed broccoli, or sauteed zucchini.
- Classic Sides Serve favorite steakhouse sides like mashed potatoes , roasted baby potatoes , creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, or roasted green beans.
Don’t Miss: Omaha Steaks Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sous Vide Ribeye Steak
Using the sous vide method to cook a Ribeye is the best way to ensure that your steak is cooked evenly to your desired degree of doneness throughout, without overcooking or losing any flavor. Sous vide uses a low-heat, long-time cooking process which allows for evenly cooked steaks from end to end and guarantees every bite is as tender and juicy as the first.
Note: Steaks cooked under 130°F should not be cooked longer than 2& frac12 hours at a time due to food safety concerns.
Here are the steps to follow when using the sous vide method:
- Preheat your water bath: Fill your sous vide container up with warm water and set the sous vide device to the appropriate temperature for the desired doneness. The sous vide device should be set as follows:
- Medium-Well: 145°F
- All our products arrive vacuum-sealed in sous-vide-ready, heat-stable packaging, allowing you to simply add them to the water bath and cook to your desired degree of doneness. However, if you have the means to repackage your steaks into sous vide heat-stable bags at home, we recommend seasoning your steaks with Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning for an enhanced flavor, prior to cooking in the sous vide. Another option is to add fresh herbs and a Kansas City Steak Finishing Butter, along with your raw steak, into the heat-stable vacuum seal bag before sealing.
- After thawing, bringing to room temperature, seasoning, and preheating the sous vide you’re ready to start cooking.
How Do Restaurants Get Steaks So Tender
There are many ways restaurants get their steaks so tender. Some might use a higher heat, some might use less salt, and some might even use cooking oil. All of these methods can produce great steaks.
However, one of the best ways to get those delicious and tender steaks is through a careful process called smoking.
Read Also: Steak N Shake Online Application
Good Steak Is Worth It
The first and most important step in cooking a great steak is to buy a great steak. The best way to do this is to go to a local butcher, preferably one who either raises the animals himself or sources them from a local farm, or find a store that sources sustainably and humanely raised meat. Besides being a more ethical buying choice, this meat is usually of better quality and tastes significantly better.
I buy my steak from a butcher at my local market, Bluescreek Farm Meats. They raise the animals on a farm nearby and dry-age the beef for at least a couple weeks I love their steaks! There is always a difference in taste when buying from good folks like them.
Bottom line: Buy the best steak you can. No matter how expensive it is, it will still be cheaper than eating out. Expect to pay top price per pound of steak. If the price seems too good to be true, in this case it probably is.
Dont Miss: Canada Steak Burger Chula Vista
A Steak Thats Perfect Every Time
We love this recipe because a simple cut of beef can be transformed into a juicy, tender steak that will leave mouths watering.
Nothing beats a great steakand theyre even better when theyre made at home!
This is a foundation recipe and truly, anyone can make great steaks at home. Ive shared my favorite tips below.
You May Like: Flat Iron Steak Butcher Box
Recommended Reading: Tokyo Japanese Steak House Federal Way
How Can You Tell A Steak Is Cooked
The absolute best way to tell if a steak is cooked is by using an instant read thermometer. This will help ensure your steak is just the way you like and not over or undercooked.
Remember that steak continues to cook a little after it comes off the heat. Let it rest on a cutting board when its 5 degrees away from being where you like.
How Do You Cook Thin Sliced Steak So Its Tender
Cooking thin sliced steak can be a little tricky. You want to make sure that it is cooked through, but you also dont want to overcook it and make it tough. Here are a few tips for cooking thin sliced steak so that it is both tender and delicious.
The first thing you need to do is season your steak. You can use any type of seasoning that you like, but I recommend using a salt and pepper mixture. Once your steak is seasoned, you need to heat a pan over medium-high heat.
Once the pan is hot, add in a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add in your steak. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through.
Once the steak is cooked through, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a few minutes. This will help it to stay juicy and tender.
Then, you can serve it with your favorite sides. I recommend serving it with some mashed potatoes and green beans. Enjoy!
Also Check: Average Steak And Shake Franchise Profit
How To Cook The Best Ribeye Steak
Cooking a great steak is one of those essential recipes that even the most beginner cook can easily master!
Why Do Chefs Spoon Butter Over Steak
Basting your steak with butter is a pro chef tip that will forever change the way you cook! Using butter adds richness to the steak and is the perfect final touch. It bathes the meat and helps the heat distribute into every nook crevice on the surface.
Wait to bathe the steak with the butter until the end of the cooking process to prevent the butter from burning. It is ok to slightly brown the butter because that will add a rich and nutty sauce to your steak.
Don’t Miss: Kobe Steak And Sushi Menu
How Can I Tenderize Steak Quickly
How to tenderize steak quickly is a question that many people ask. There are a few methods that can be used to tenderize steak, but the most common method is to use a sharp knife and cut the steak into thin strips.
Another method is to heat up some water and pour it over the top of the steak. The water will help to keep the steak from sticking to the pan and also help to create a more even cooking surface.
Luxe Butcher Victor Churchills First Melbourne Store Comes With A Dry
But Victor Churchill isnt your average butcher. Displaying steaks and sausages under downlights, installing mirrors and copper arches, and framing prime cuts in timber, marble and stone, Victor Churchill was founded in Sydney 12 years ago by Vics Premium Quality Meat principal Anthony Puharich and father Victor,
Fairfax Good Food
Read Also: How Much Is Omaha Steaks
Grilling Ribeye Steak: Charcoal Vs Gas Grill
To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 12 minutes. Then, move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill for the times listed in the Cooking Times Chart below. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 12 minutes, then, reduce to medium heat and continue to grill for the times listed in the Cooking Times Chart below. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Ingredients Youll Need For A Simple Steak Recipe
- Ribeye steak A boneless, 2 to 2 ½ inch thick cut is best for this method. Make sure it has minimal amounts of gristle and is marbled evenly throughout.
- Steak seasoning A thick and juicy Ribeye doesnt need much to help bring out the flavor. A simple seasoning of fresh garlic, sprigs of thyme, and sea salt is all you need before this steak heads into the oven.
- Compound butter Slices of fresh, homemade, and creamy compound butter melt into the steak to add more flavor.
- Chimichurri sauceHomemade chimichurri pairs well with steak, offering it well-rounded flavors from the herbs.
- Roasted tomatoes Make this a meal with a few roasted tomatoes on the side. They will add a natural sweetness and acidity to the dish that is also highly nutritious. Keep them on the vine for a pop of color and elegant presentation.
Recommended Reading: Steak Restaurants In New Orleans
Cook Ribeye In The Oven
Transfer ribeye steaks to the baking sheet and move them into the oven on the middle rack. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Check the temperature of the thickest part of the steak with a digital thermometer. It should read within 120-125 for medium-rare . If necessary, cook for another 3-10 minutes until the steak reaches your ideal temperature.
The Goal: A Very Hot Pan
What you’re trying to do is avoid overcrowding the pan, because it needs to be absolutely smoking hot. Dropping too many steaks into a hot pan will instantly cool it off, causing your steaks to sort of steam rather than sear.
Cast iron is specifically recommended because it gets very hot and it holds its temperature for a long time.
The reason this technique works best with a boneless ribeye is that you want to get a nice tight seal between the meat and the pan. Sometimes the bone can get in the way.
Finally, the 4-3-2 technique assumes that your ribeye steak is 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick. If it’s thicker, you’ll need to cook it longer. And under no conceivable circumstance should a ribeye steak be thinner than an inch.
Don’t Miss: Great Steak And Potato Company