Take Me To The Recipe For Steak Marinade Already
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Steak Marinade you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
How Did Our 3
We had absolutely no complaints about this 3-ingredient steak marinade. The soy sauce brought the perfect level of saltiness, accentuating the steak’s beefy flavor without overpowering it. The balsamic vinegar was not only tangy, but it also brought a subtle sweetness to the steak that we found quite enjoyable. And while we didn’t exactly notice the flavor of the olive oil, we know it was there because the other components were able to shine through.
The steak became even more flavorful when we added the optional marinade ingredients . We recommend limiting these additions to one or two so the flavor doesn’t become too intense or confusing. After all, the marinade’s purpose is to enhance the steak’s flavor and keep it juicy and moist as it cooks. If you add too many things, you may only be able to taste the marinade, not beefy steak itself.
The Best Steak Marinade
It’s summertime and steak is always on the menu! Before you fire up the grill, try marinating your meat with this quick and easy steak marinade.
Letting your steak marinade for at least an hour will make for a better steak but will yield perfectly juicy, flavorful steaks that cut like butter! Give this marinade a try the next time you feel like cooking up an incredible steak dinner!
Don’t Miss: Where Does Wagyu Steak Come From
What To Do With Extra Marinade
If you are planning to recycle the marinade, I’d recommend boiling it for about 10 minutes after you use it then cool it completely in refrigerator before the next use. You’ll likely lose some flavour, but it should still be delicious.
If you mixed the marinade in a bowl and reserved half of it , then you can use it for other purposes such as a salad dressing or sauce for other dishes. I’ve even used leftover marinade in stir fries before!
The Cheese Selection At Trader Joe’s Is Unparalleled For Keto Enthusiasts
Unexpected Cheddar is one of my personal favorite cheeses offered at Trader Joe’s. With less than 1 gram of net carbohydrate per serving and 9 grams of fat, it makes for a great topper on keto-friendly casserole dishes or cheese for your next bun-less burger.
When I started the diet, I planned a keto-friendly charcuterie night using an assortment of cheeses from Trader Joe’s selection that cost under $20 in total. I paired them with a selection of cured meats, oven-baked cheese bites, and nuts.
Trader Joe’s prices on cheese can range from $2.99 to $15.99.
Don’t Miss: What Are The Different Types Of Steaks
The Herb Magic Steak Marinade
This herb-heavy recipe gives a nice light flavor to your steak, and works best with a thicker cut, like a porterhouse. The apple cider vinegar rounds out the flavors nicely.
What You Need
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
What To Do
In a mixing bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and mustard, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the bowl, mixing well.
Put marinade into large Ziplock bags, adding steaks and ensuring they are covered completely.
Place bag in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hoursturning once or twice.
Remove meat from bag. Discard the sprigs of thyme and rosemary. Season steaks with kosher salt.
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill with coals or heat on medium-high. Brush both sides of the marinated steak with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Grill the steaks, turning at least once, cooking until meat reaches desired doneness. Slice and serve.
Tips For Grilling Steak
While this marinade is full of vibrant and savory flavors, you also have to remember grilling your steak properly is equally important. The reason being is if you overcook your steak it will end up dry and chewy.
- Preheat Grill | Always preheat your grill, this will help get the grates hot and when you put the steak on the grill it will offer that sear sound which means success.
- Steak Tip | I always sit my steaks out for at least 15-20 minutes before I plan to place them on the grill. I watched this tip on the Food Network channel years ago, and have done it ever since. This always sets you up for the success of a juicy steak that is cooked nicely.
- Dont Cut Steak | When checking the done-ness of your steak dont slice into the steak to see how red or done it is. Use a meat thermometer and check it that way. If you cut the steak it will leak the juice and dry out.
- Rest the Steak | Once your steak is done, lay it on a plate and put aluminum foil over the top. Let it sit for five minutes to allow it to soak in all those juices for a juicy and flavorful steak.
Recommended Reading: How Many Carbs In Steak
How To Apply A Steak Marinade:
- First, decide what steak marinade recipe youre going to make. Weve listed several of our favorites homemade recipes below, but a quick online search will result in hundreds of recipe options. If youre pinched on time, you can buy one too .
- Next, make the steak marinade recipe. Most marinades use very simple pantry ingredients like olive oil, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- If you want a deeper flavor, prick the surface of the meat with a fork before marinating. Less tender cuts should be marinated for anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours. The longer you marinade the beef, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Then, place the steak marinade and steak in a sealed plastic bag or glass container. Immerse the beef in the liquid, and refrigerate until its time to cook. Dont use a metal container for the marinade since the acidic ingredients can react with metal.
- Once youve placed the steak in the steak marinade mixture, place it in the refrigerator for anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight. Never marinate beef at room temperature for health safety reasons.
What To Serve With This Easy Steak Marinade
You can serve the steak whole or serve or thinly sliced. We enjoy ours with a dab of butter and a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley. Though those additions are optional, they elevate and complement the other flavors of the dish.
Read Also: What Is A Good Steak Knife
The Volpi Roltini Made With Meat And Cheese Is Basically A Keto Staple
The Volpi Roltini is a great option to keep in your bag for on-the-go and traveling snacks. If you usually get a burst of hunger throughout the day, keep three to five of these in your fridge at all times.
Grab a pack of Volpi Roltini for $1.29.
How To Freeze Marinated Steak
If you cant get to cooking your marinated steak within 24 hours, you can safely freeze the meat in the marinade to be used later. Thats why I love using the freezer-safe re-usable bags when marinating steak, for you can just toss them right into the freezer for later. When its time to cook the steak, just thaw the meat and cook.
Read Also: Best Place To Buy Steaks Online
Why Marinades Work Magic
- Acidor Enzyme: All great marinades will contain either an acid or an enzyme. In the skirt steak marinade, the lemon juice is our acid. It will weaken the tough fibers of the meat and enhance flavor. Creating tender flavorful meat. Do not over marinate, however, If meat sits in a marinade too long the meat will become mushy, dry, and actually tough.
- Salts: Salt plays an essential role in getting the flavors to penetrate beneath the surface of the meat. Salt is not only add on its own, but the salt found in the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce helps too. First, the salt draws out the moisture from the meat, then as the water is reabsorbed into the meat flavors from the spices and garlic are carried with it. This allows the flavor to get deep inside the meat while helping to break down muscle fibers helping it to tenderize.
- Oil: Oil is important because it helps carry fat-soluble flavors from the spices and pepper, past the surface of the meat, and into it.
- Put it all together: When you combine acid, salts, oils with seasonings, herbs, and even sugars you allow so much more to happen to meat than just a simple brine ever could. You can tenderize tough meat, add flavor deep within and create moist cuts of meat from normally dry ones. Yup, itâs like magic. And this skirt steak marinade has all those ingredients!
How Do You Make A Steak Marinade Without Soy Sauce
If you are allergic to soy or dont like the taste of soy, you can use a substitution instead on in the marinade.
- Consider skipping it all together and just using the other ingredients, increasing your oil and balsamic by cup each.
- Tamari sauce is another Japanese sauce you can use that tastes like soy but is thicker and more flavorful than soy sauce.
- Coconut aminos make a good substitution for soy sauce.
- Bragg liquid aminos will help to tenderize your steak and add flavor as well.
- You can also increase the amount of worcestershire sauce if you enjoy that flavor more.
You May Like: Omaha Steaks $20 Coupon Code
Tips For Grilling A Perfect Steak
- Preheat the grill so the grates are nice and hot before putting the steaks on.
- Once youve placed the steak on the grates, try to move it as little as possible.
- Only flip your steak once to keep it from sticking to the grates and to cook it evenly on both sides.
- Dont cut into your steak to check for readiness! This will let the juices run out and dry out your steak. Use a thermometer or the hand test .
- Once cooked, allow steak to rest for at least five minutes before cutting into it to preserve the juices and keep it from drying out.
The 15 Best Steak Marinade Recipes On The Planet
The easiest and most amazing ways to elevate any cut of meat.
Unless you’re grilling the finest and freshest Wagyu beef in your backyard on a routine basis, chances are you’re cooking with meat that could use just a little helping hand. Fortunately, the right steak marinade can help you elevate any slab of beef by tenderizing it and infusing it with loads of extra steak marinade flavor at the same time.
So whether you’re grilling, pan-frying, broiling, searing, Pittsburghing, sous-vide-ing, or even slow-cooking, here are the best steak marinade recipes that are guaranteed to make your dinner turn out a whole lot better when it’s done. And remember: whatever steak marinade you choose, all of them call for marinating the steaks between two and four hours before cooking. And for expert cooking tips, here’s how to cook a steak at home like a pro.
Don’t Miss: Cutco Steak Knife Set 8
If You’re A Fan Of Crispy And Crunchy Foods Try Broccoli Florets
Finding crispy, salty snacks on the keto diet is a skill, but with 20 grams of fat per serving and only 5 grams of net carbohydrates, these broccoli florets have perfect macros that can help keep your daily macronutrients on track.
These snacks also come with the bonus of 7 grams of dietary fiber and 6 grams of protein per serving.
I liked to snack on these crispy, crunchy broccoli florets on travel days and or use them as croutons in my salad .
The broccoli florets are $2.99 per pack.
The Perfect Steak Temperatures For Your Taste Pro Tips
The most sure-fire way to gauge when your steak is done is by using a digital thermometer. This way, you will know for sure that your steak is cooked to your fancy, and if you are entertaining guests, it means you wont mess things up. You insert your thermometer into the thickest part of the steak to check its level of doneness. Our first pro tip dont cook our steaks over 150 degrees F, or your cut may come out feeling dry and tough. Also, please remember to let your steaks rest! This is so important for keeping flavor and maintaining tenderness. Let your steaks rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into them. Here are a few tips to ensure your steak is done at the right temperature:
- Rare: Should have an internal temp of 130 degrees F
- Medium Rare: Should have an internal temp of 135 degrees F
- Medium: Should have an internal temp of 145 degrees F
- Medium Well: Should have an internal temp of 150 degrees F
- Well Done: Should have an internal temp of 160 degrees F
Remember, not all steaks are created equal. At Steak University, we suggest that you keep your steaks below medium well in order to have the most tender and juicy cuts of meat.
You May Like: Walmart Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Can You Make These Steaks Into Shish Kabobs
Yes! Sirloin is one of the best cuts of steak for making shish kabobs. When using this marinade to make kabobs, I recommend cubing the steak, then adding it to the marinade. This means, more of the steak surface area gets to soak up the delicious marinade.
After marinating the cubes of steak for at least 20 minutes, skewer the steak by itself or with veggies like bell peppers and onions. Grill the steak shish kabobs over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, flip and continue grilling for an additional 4-5 minutes.
The Pop Of Papaya Marinade
This one’s probably a bit different than steak marinade recipes you’ve used in the past. Papaya naturally tenderizes tough meat fibers through an enzyme in its skin, while also adding a natural flavor to it. This recipe just requires the papaya skins, but don’t let the fruit go to wastea fresh papaya salad goes great with this marinated steak.
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
- 34 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 14 teaspoon ground ginger
- 14 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do
In a mixing bowl, stir scallions, mustard, thyme, pepper, ginger, and cumin. Rub the mixture evenly over the steak.
Put 2 of the papaya skin halves in a glass baking dish, flesh side up. Place steak on top of them, then top with remaining 2 papaya skins, flesh side down. Be sure the skins are touching the meat’s surfacethat’s what will break down the fibers to effectively marinade
Cover baking dish and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
Heat grill pan to medium high.
Discard papaya skins and lightly oil both sides of steak, seasoning with salt. Grill the steak about 5 minutes on each side. Carve the meat across the grain into thin slices and serve.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy A Porterhouse Steak
Why Time Is Important When Marinating Steak
The amount of time you marinate your steak is going to play a huge role in how tasty and delicious the finished product is.
This is because your steak is going to absorb a lot of the flavors in the marinade over a certain period of time.
The longer you marinate your steaks, the more flavor will be absorbed into the meat.
This is why when you are marinating steak it is important to remember that some ingredients such as lemon juice and citrus can tenderize the meat in just fifteen minutes.
Other ingredients that have more powerful flavors may take longer order to fully permeate the steak.
When marinating steak it is important to mix your marinade thoroughly and then let your steaks soak up all the flavor for at least thirty minutes if possible, but no more than four-eight hours.
Fat Makes For Juicy Succulent Steak
At the most basic level, a good marinade should contain fat, acid, salt and sugar. The fat helps to add moisture and juiciness to the steak. Since the cuts that benefit the most from a marinade tend to be leaner, its easy to understand why adding some fat to the meat can make a difference. The most popular choice tends to be high quality olive oil. However, you could use any oil that you enjoy or have on hand. Its important to keep in mind that not all oils are healthy, and some have better flavor than others. You can even use fats like coconut milk or yogurt. When using any coconut product, remember that some of the flavor will be left behind on the meat.
Read Also: Best Steak In Baton Rouge
How To Marinate A Steak
This article was co-authored by Ollie George Cigliano. Ollie George Cigliano is a Private Chef, Food Educator, and Owner of Ollie George Cooks, based in Long Beach, California. With over 20 years of experience, she specializes in utilizing fresh, fun ingredients and mixing traditional and innovative cooking techniques. Ollie George holds a BA in Comparative Literature from The University of California, Berkeley, and a Nutrition and Healthy Living Certificate from eCornell University.There are 10 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. In this case, 80% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,627,202 times.