How To Cook Steak In Air Fryer
Air fryers dont just do potatoes, they can surprisingly create a restaurant worthy meal at home. Its so simple, hands off and so good you may never cook steak any other way again!
How Do You Make A Steak Marinade
Although the key to a great steak is the marinade, dont worry, you wont have to plan for hours in advance to reap its benefits. Thats because today Im sharing with you my secret for a 20-minute marinade that will transform even cheaper cuts into delicious and tender steak with enough flavor to make you forget to pull out the A-1.
This steak marinade starts with a base of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, which makes a perfect combination for tenderizing the meat. I whisk the soy and vinegar together with the oil, worcestershire sauce, honey, herbs, dry mustard, and garlic powder. All of these ingredients will infuse into the steak for big flavor. Add the steak and the marinade into a sealable bag, and chill for 15-20 minutes in the fridge before throwing your steak on the grill.
How To Grill The Perfect Pork Steak
Toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake get all the glory, but the humble pork steak is also as St. Louis as it gets. Blogger Scott Thomas of Grillin Fools knows just how to take this regionally popular cut and turn it into a summertime dinner so tasty, it has the power to prematurely end an intense game of washers.
What to Buy: Any grocer in St. Louis will have pork steaks, Thomas says. Elsewhere, just ask for pork shoulder or pork butt sliced into inch-thick steaks.
How to Grill It: Pork steak is a very fatty piece of meat, and its very juicy and flavorful, Thomas says. Its a poor mans steak. I put em on the grill and smoke em for a couple of hours, then sear them for a couple of minutes per side for caramelization. If you dont have a smoker, you can do whats called indirect or two-zone grilling. You put coals on one side of your grill, and thats the hot zone for searing the other side has no coals, for smoking. I put the barbecue sauce on at the very end and leave the steak on the grill so it can thicken.
What to Avoid: Marinating a pork steak is unnecessary. You can brine it in an apple cider or apple juice to add fluid to the meat, Thomas says, but you dont need topork steak has plenty of flavor from the fat. He adds a general tip: Use tongs to flip the steak. People who flip meat with forks are poking holes in it for the juices to run out.
Read Also: Chicken On The Grill Marinade
You May Like: Where Can I Get A Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel
How To Make The Best Steak Marinade
How To Marinate Steak
Marinating steak is a great way to prepare your steak before grilling. Once you have all your ingredients assembled, it is important to marinate your steak in an appropriate vessel. I prefer a plastic zip top bag because it allows me to press out all the air, and I can ensure that the marinade is on all sides of the steak. You can use a glass or a non-reactive bowl to marinate the steak you will just need to toss and turn the steaks a few times while marinating to ensure they are well-coated.
To marinate your steak, place your steak and all ingredients in zip-top bag or non-reactive glass container. Massage or toss the meat in the marinade to ensure it is evenly coated on all sides. Place the marinating steak in the refrigerator and allow the steak to marinate for at least 4-8 hours.
Quick note: This marinade will cover approximately 1 pound of steak, so if you have larger amounts of steak that you are marinating, you will need to double or triple the recipe.
Read Also: Gordon Ramsay Steak Baltimore Reservations
How To Cook Flank Steak
There are plenty of ways to perfectly cook a flank steak. In this recipe, the steak is grilled we love the bold, smoky flavor the grill gives the meat. But you can also easily cook your flank steak in the oven or on the stove. You’ll find the step-by-step recipe for marinated and grilled flank steak below, but here are some rough guidelines for three different flank steak cooking methods:
Worlds Best Steak Marinade
Alyssa RiversJump to Recipe
Worlds Best Steak Marinade adds so much flavor to your juicy steak. It helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with flavor and creates the best steak ever!
You May Like: Omaha Steak Twice Baked Potato Directions
How Do You Know Your Steak Is Done
Everyone loves their steak done to different degrees and using a thermometer is the way to go to make sure you cook it just right. Remember too, when your steak is taken off the heat it will continue to cook for a minute or two, raising the temperature about 2-4 degrees more. I often remove my meat right before it reaches that perfect temp.
What Ingredients Go Into Steak Marinade
- Balsamic vinegar I dont recommend substitutes here. Balsamic vinegar will add the best flavor. And use dark balsamic, white isnt as strong.
- Worcestershire sauce another key ingredient. This is one of the best ingredients for steak marinade.
- Soy sauce keep in mind the longer the steak marinades the more sodium it will absorb from the soy sauce, so if you only marinate 1 hour you may still need a little salt added to the steaks.
- Olive oil dont use extra virgin olive oil because it has a low smoke point, just regular refined olive oil.
- Dijon mustard this adds a little extra flavor. Dont use regular mustard.
- Honey just a light amount helps tone down acidity of the vinegar it also helps the exterior of steaks brown better.
- Garlic as always only use fresh. It makes a big difference.
- Freshly ground black pepper if you havent made the jump to fresh ground pepper now is the time! It really is a lot better.
- Dried rosemary of course fresh will work great too, use 1 Tbsp chopped if using fresh.
- Steak this makes enough marinade for about 2 pounds of steak.
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy A Porterhouse Steak
Instructions For Steak Marinade
This beef marinade is perfect for any steak but especially for skirt steak. It tenderizes and creates a delicious flavor locking in on the skirt steak. So simple to make, you are going to love how juicy an tender your skirt steak is.
The Best Ever Steak Marinade Recipe
You guys are raving about what I call the best steak marinade recipe over on ! Thank you for all the compliments, and keep them coming!
You guys, I love steak. I think I had my first true realization of what a steak was supposed to taste like when I worked at a steakhouse . It was my first time really around steaks, learning the different cuts and whatnot. However, its not like we can just go out to a nice restaurant and order a steak any time we want, as our budget cannot afford to. So, hubby and I have been on a quest to come up with the best steak marinade on our own. Ive always used olive oil and Worcestershire sauce, along with some herbs and seasonings, but recently decided to try a few more things, for instance, lemon juice. Freshly squeezed, that is. And let me tell you, this is the best steak marinade I have ever made its just so good . It leaves the steak tender and juicy and gives it an expensive steakhouse taste, without the bill! Check out my recipe, try it, and be sure to tell me what you think.
Also Check: How To Cook Thick Steak On Grill
The Best Easiest Steak Marinade Recipe For Grilling
Any good grill recipe starts with the marinade, and this steak is no different. It’s got a lot of subtle ingredients that when combined result in BIG flavor that makes everyone raise an eyebrow and ponder what’s in itwe love watching people try to guess. It’s always simpler than they expect.
So, here it is, the big secret for the best grilled steak marinade EVER:
And it’s actually good for you. This recipe is:
- high in protein and iron
- bursting with zinc , phosphorus , all your B vitamins and Vitamin K
- chock-full of immune-nourishing Vitamin C, digestion-friendly magnesium, and heart-healthy potassium
It’s super versatile, toonot only can you use this marinade on any cut of steak, but what you do with the steak afterward is totally up to you, too.
This grilled steak marinade makes for awesome steak tacos or fajitas it’s great in a stir-fry with lots of veggies and rice or a Chimichurri Steak Bowl you could use it for kebabs or to make a steak salad and, of course, it’s also perfection served just as it is, plain and simple and knock-your-socks-off delicious.
How long do you need to marinate steak? We recommend at least 30 minutes, but if you can swing several hours, that’s even better. Overnight works too!
Tips For Grilling Steak
While this marinade is full of vibrant and savory flavors, you also have to remember grilling your steak properly is equally important. The reason being is if you overcook your steak it will end up dry and chewy.
- Preheat Grill | Always preheat your grill, this will help get the grates hot and when you put the steak on the grill it will offer that sear sound which means success.
- Steak Tip | I always sit my steaks out for at least 15-20 minutes before I plan to place them on the grill. I watched this tip on the Food Network channel years ago, and have done it ever since. This always sets you up for the success of a juicy steak that is cooked nicely.
- Dont Cut Steak | When checking the done-ness of your steak dont slice into the steak to see how red or done it is. Use a meat thermometer and check it that way. If you cut the steak it will leak the juice and dry out.
- Rest the Steak | Once your steak is done, lay it on a plate and put aluminum foil over the top. Let it sit for five minutes to allow it to soak in all those juices for a juicy and flavorful steak.
Don’t Miss: Steak Nacho Box Taco Bell
How To Make The Best Steak Marinade In Existence
This marinade is effortless to make. Simply whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic. Pour the marinade over your steaks and refrigerate a few hours to overnight. When ready to cook the steaks, remove steaks from the marinade and cook until they reach your preferred temperature.
- You can use this marinade on any cut of steak that you enjoy ribeye, sirloin, NY Strip, filet, skirt steak, flank steak anything you like.
- This makes enough to marinate 6 to 8 steaks, depending on the size.
- Here are our instructions on how to cook steaks in a cast iron grill pan:
- Here are our instructions on how to cook steaks in the air fryer:
- The cooking time will just depend on what internal temperature you want and how thick the steaks are. Use a meat thermometer to cook the steaks to your preferred doneness.
- Rare 120º to 125ºF
How To Grill Sirloin Steaks
Once the steaks are marinated, I highly recommend cooking them on a grill for the best flavor. To grill the perfect sirloin steak, follow these simple steps.
Also Check: Duane’s Prime Steaks & Seafood
Whats The Deal With Brining Pork Chops
Its a good rule of thumb to always brine pork chops before grilling. Because pork chops are fairly lean, submerging them in a brine does two things. First, it keeps the meat moist by introducing extra moisture, which provides a little insurance in case the meat gets a little overcooked. Second, it evenly seasons the meat beyond just the surface.
The base of this easy brine is just cold water whisked with salt. I like to add some sugar to help with browning on the grill, and you can also throw in aromatics like citrus peel, peppercorns, or bay leaves . Diamond Crystal kosher salt is what I use in my brine, but if you want to use another kind of salt, I recommend using an equal weight, not volume, of salt since the size of the salt granules vary greatly across brands and weight is the most accurate measurement.
Brining doesnt have to be elaborate or take a long time. Since these are chops and not a big bird like a turkey, even brining for 30 minutes does wonders, and thats about how long itll take to heat up the grill. The chops can sit in the brine for up to two hours, but dont go beyond that or the texture of the meat can get spongy. You can even brine individually frozen pork chops just put them in the brine for the full two hours. Theyll be defrosted and ready to grill at that point.
Final Thoughts On Steak Marinade
We dont start out as grilling pros, but we all have to start somewhere! This steak marinade works great on our luxurious cuts, and we are happy to share that this marinade hasnt disappointed anyone yet. Over time, you will probably want to tweak this recipe to suit your liking a little better, and that is totally fine! However, these tips and tricks will last you a lifetime tweaked or not. Check out our excellent cuts of meat today here, and get to cooking!
Also Check: Philly Cheese Steak Meat For Sale
How To Apply A Steak Marinade:
- First, decide what steak marinade recipe youre going to make. Weve listed several of our favorites homemade recipes below, but a quick online search will result in hundreds of recipe options. If youre pinched on time, you can buy one too .
- Next, make the steak marinade recipe. Most marinades use very simple pantry ingredients like olive oil, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- If you want a deeper flavor, prick the surface of the meat with a fork before marinating. Less tender cuts should be marinated for anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours. The longer you marinade the beef, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Then, place the steak marinade and steak in a sealed plastic bag or glass container. Immerse the beef in the liquid, and refrigerate until its time to cook. Dont use a metal container for the marinade since the acidic ingredients can react with metal.
- Once youve placed the steak in the steak marinade mixture, place it in the refrigerator for anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight. Never marinate beef at room temperature for health safety reasons.