How To Recognize A Genuine Laguiole Knife
Laguiole is not a trademark, as too old. It is part of the public domain, that is why anybody can make knives with Laguiole brand. The genuine Laguiole knife is manufactured through 170 operations manual made by expert craftsmen.
We respect this tradition of manufacturing in our plant in Lezoux, near Thiers.
The name of our Laguiole band is “laguiole Le Fidele” – always engraved on the blade of our knives.
There are several laguiole manufacturers who work with the same process and produce high quality knives.
However, there are a lot of fake laguiole knives that are made from molds in China and even in France.
Do not forget that a laguiole knife is handmade with very high quality raw material, that is why you can not find Laguiole knife at a low price.
Most French Made Laguiole Knives Are Not Made In The Village Of Laguiole
The city of Thiers and its surrounding towns are where most Laguiole knives are made in France. It is a fact that for many decades Laguiole knives were not made in the Village of Laguiole but in Thiers.
Thiers cutlers rescued the Laguiole knives by taking on the manufacturing in the early part of the 1900s, if they had not, the most beautiful and elegant knives on the planet would have probably vanished all together. It was only in 1987 that large scale manufacturing of the famous style of knives was reintroduced in its birthplace of Laguiole by “Forge de Laguiole.”
Laguiole Jean Dubost 6 Piece Steak Knife Set In Presentation Box Made In France
Seller: fl0resresales99%, Location:San Bernardino, California, Ships to: US & many other countries, Item:363395539295Laguiole Jean Dubost 6 Piece Steak Knife Set in Presentation Box MADE IN FRANCE . The Laguiole knife has been used in the south of France for over 200 years. Jean Dubosts family, inspired by the traditional peasant tool, has been crafting the artisan blades since 1920. Surrounded by legend and myth, the Laguiole knife still carries the mark of its ancestors. A bee that is found engraved on all Laguiole products, was originally part of Napoleon Bonapartes imperial seal.Condition:New, All returns accepted:ReturnsNotAccepted, Country/Region of Manufacture:France, Blade Edge:Serrated, Material:Stainless Steel, Type:Knife Set, Color:Polished Stainless, Number of Items in Set:6, Handle Material:wood, Set Includes:Steak Knife, Brand:Laguiole See More
- Popularity 730 views, 8.4 views per day, 87 days on eBay. Super high amount of views. 2 sold, 0 available. More
Also Check: How Do I Track My Omaha Steaks Order
French Home Laguiole Steak Knives Set Of 4
- Sharp and heavy gauge 1.8mm-thick serrated blades easily slice through any steak
- Fully tanged durable stainless steel
- Features iconic Laguiole bee insignia and triple-rivet design
- Ergonomically designed and weighted handles for comfort and balance
- Heavy gauge stainless steel
- Made in China to European standards
- Material: Stainless steel or stainless steel with pakkawood or acrylic handles
- Dishwasher safe
Jean Dubost Laguiole 6
- Laguiole knives-with the world famous BEE trademark-are handed down from one generation to another.
- For over five centuries, craftsmen in France have created these prestigious handmade instruments with unrelenting pride.
- Each piece is still crafted according to strict guidelines that were handed down to the local guild by the French Crown.
- This set of 6 steak knife set features pearlized handles with 9 stainless steel blade.
Read Also: Canada Steak Burger Chula Vista
Laguiole Knife With Damascus Blade
1 – Damascus stainless stell blade DS93X, “Twist” pattern, , +/- 120 layers.2 – Damascus stainless stell blade DS93X, “Vinland” pattern, +/- 120 layers.Damas steel DS93X is made with two different steels of different hardness.This steel is highly corrosion resistant, it has a unique cutting capacity and a very high quality cutting edge.This Damascus blade does not oxidize, is easy to maintain and corrosion resistant.Clean the blade with water and dry it well before closing the Laguiole knife.Sharpen your blade regularly, don’t wait until it stops cutting.3 – Damascus blade in carbon steel is hand forged with +/- 520 layers. It is an outstanding handcrafted Damascus blade.The Damascus carbon steel blade can oxidize over time, giving it a slightly gray patina.We advise you to clean the Damascus carbon steel blade after each use:Wash the blade quickly with waterDry it immediately afterwards with a soft and dry cloth.Grease the blade lightly with edible oil.Store the Laguiole knife in a dry place well protected from humidity.The advantage of this Damascus carbon blade is to be very easy to sharpen. The cutting edge is always of a very high quality.
Laguiole Steak Knife Sets
The Perfect Closing Gifts Laguiole Steak Knives are a dinner party staple. Made in France, these knives were inspired by pocket knives used by French Shepherds 200 years ago. Each blade is made from high quality stainless steel, light weight acrylic handle with a beautiful Platine detailing down the spine. This set includes 6 steak knives and a handsome wood presentation box to make this gift elegant and thoughtful. Each knife is handcrafted for exceptional quality you can see and feel, with the utmost respect for the cutlery tradition.
Recommended Reading: Mcdonalds Steak Bagel Sauce Recipe
Traditional Laguiole Knife 2 Brass Bolsters
1 – 12C27 stainless steel blade of a thickness of 3 mm to the stub.2 – Two shiny brass bolsters.3 – Traditional welded bee.4 – Traditional stainless steel spring, traditional guilloché. Brass plates.5 – Brass shepherd’s cross .Dimensions : 22cm Open , 12cm Closed.Brass is less and less used, in favor of stainless steel, giving Laguiole knives a more modern style.
Handmade: Every Knife Is A Work Of Art
Genuine Laguiole pocket knives and table knives are characterized by the artesian craft. Each knife is hand-made from start to finish by one person. The beautiful fine file work on the back of the blade is very characteristic. In addition, special and unique material is used for the handle. Think of Buffalo Horn, juniper wood and warthog tooth. But also the use of damask steel, silver and mammoth ivory is very common with the more exclusive Laguiole knives.
Each knife is hand-made from start to finish by one person.
Original Laguiole pocket knives do not have a lock. They are equipped with a slip joint-spring, making sure there is resistance when closing the knife. At the same time, there is no stop pin that prevents the blade from contacting the spring when in the handle. It is therefore important to always be careful when closing a Laguiole pocket knife to prevent the cut from damaging.
You can clearly see the manual labour when looking at a genuine Laguiole knife. The personal touch of the maker is always visible. Where with most modern and tactical folding knives backlash-free and centred blades are the standard, Laguiole knives dont have this as much. The most important is the manual labour and tradition. A Laguiole knife does not have to be very sharp: a Laguiole is generally sharp enough to neatly cut a steak and a piece of cheese, but is not sharp enough to shave with.
Smallest chapel in the world?
Recommended Reading: Pee Dee Steak House On 125 Menu
Reviewing The 7 Best Laguiole Steak Knives
The Laguiole style of knife refers to a French style of tapered, serrated knives. The best Laguiole steak knives sport a slim outline that resembles a pocket-knife style with a blade that usually runs about 12 cm long and a steel back-spring. When searching for the perfect Laguiole style steak knife, it is important to find those manufacturers that understand how to craft a good knife and are not looking to sell based on a style name. The following seven knives exemplify this fact.
Also Check: What Ingredients Are In Montreal Steak Seasoning
Each Laguiole Knife Laguiole Cutlery And Laguiole Corkscrew Of This Website Is Handmade In France By Our Craftmens In Our Workshop
- The name of our brand “Le fidèle” is engraved on the blades of each knife.
- Each knife is an original layole.
- Handles of our knives are made with high quality raw material and the knife is handmade through 170 manual steps.
- Knife blade is made of high quality stainless steel, very resistant to time and the blade is perfectly smooth, impeccably sharp and exceptionally shiny.
- The bolsters are made of brass or brushed steel and the steel bee is welded with the knife or forged with the spring.
- The shepherd’s cross on the handle is the result of a manual assembly of a traditional knife.
We work in the traditional way, guaranteeing our products for life against manufacturing defects.
Our products are lifetime guaranteed against any manufacturing defect.
You May Like: Pee Dee Steak House On 125
Main Features Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6
- Certificate Of Authenticity
- Signature Bumble Bee
- High Grade Stainless Steel
Review Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory, Details Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory, Buy Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,Buy Online Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory, Buy Product Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,to buy Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,Online Shop Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,Store Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,Discount Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory,where buy Laguiole Jean Dubost Steak Knives Set Of 6- Color- Ivory.
Most Of People Want To Buy Jean Dubost Laguiole 6
Maybe you are looking for Cheap Jean Dubost Laguiole 6-Piece Steak Knives -Pearlized Ivory, Jean Dubost Laguiole 6-Piece Steak Knives -Pearlized Ivory Discounts, Jean Dubost Laguiole 6-Piece Steak Knives -Pearlized Ivory Big Deals, Jean Dubost Laguiole 6-Piece Steak Knives -Pearlized Ivory Best offer
You May Like: Bed Bath And Beyond Steak Knives
Read Also: Steak Of The Month Club Butchers Market
Dalstrong Gladiator Series Steak Knives
- The NEW Standard in Steak Knives: Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and…
- Incredibly sharp, full-tang, imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German steel, hand-sharpened to 16-18 degrees per side…
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury G10 handle is triple-riveted with…
Featuring an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars and priced between $60 and $80, these knives are available on Amazon.
These knives come from Germany. They stand out with their quality craftsmanship, groundbreaking technology, and amazing design.
The blade of the Dalstrong Gladiator Series steak knives is incredibly sharp with a full tang and made from imported Thyssenkrup high-carbon German steel.
The cutting-edge design of these blades is also one of its most notable features. These heat-treated knife blades have serrations at 14-16 degrees on each side.
So, they can give you straight and clean cuts with a 5-inch edge that needs no additional sharpening. These blades have a hand polished, smooth satin finish and taper for more durability and flexibility with less resistance.
Traditional Laguiole Knife 2 Inox Bolsters
1 – 12C27 stainless steel blade of a thickness of 3 mm to the stub.2 – Two stainless steel bolsters.3 – Traditional welded bee.4 – Traditional stainless steel spring, traditional guilloché. Stainless steel plates.5 – Stainless steel shepherd’s cross .Dimensions : 22cm Open , 12cm Closed.With handles in Brown Horn, or in Blonde Horn the stainless steel bolster is shiny and not brushed.
Complete List Of Top 10 Best Best Laguiole Steak Knives
You will find our top-listed best laguiole steak knives as our innovative AI has analyzed all the available reviews for the best laguiole steak knives.
- : Enjoy effortless dining with Hailingshan cutlery knives. Excellent glide through even tough steaks, lamb chops, chicken, pork, pizzas, fruits and more with ease.
- : Made of high-grade durable stainless steel, sturdier and shinier than others. Laguiole by Hailingshan dinnerware knives have rust resistance and sharpness retention.
- : High-polishing crafts with patterned design Sharp serrated edge and silver handle remains natural and food safe Gift Box packaging.
- : To ensure the longevity of your dinner knives, hand wash is recommended. Wipe dry immediately after every use.
- : Efficient and easy to reach customer service to solve your problem within 24 hours. We are here to help.
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Made in China
- Set of 6 steak knives featuring serrated 30CR13 stainless steel full tang blades
- Razor sharpness cuts through steaks without added pressure retaining flavorful juices
- Handles are hand-stamped and are made in gorgeous Pakkawood
- Pakkawood is known for it’s beauty, strength and moisture resistance
- Handsomely gift boxed
Some Laguiole Knives That Are Made In Franceare Not Necessarily Fully Made In France
As long as 45% of the added value from the making of the product comes from French territory, it can be considered made in France. Without going deep into this messy legislation, I would like to add that the packaging of such item is included in the “added value.” In other words, if the wooden box that comes with an item is made in France, then it counts towards the 45% of the added value of the final product that is actually located inside the box. With that in mind, one could only wonder why so many inexpensive Laguiole cutlery items that are presented as “Made in France” come in very attractive wooden boxes. So, next time you are shopping and come across some beautiful Laguiole steak knives that cost $29.99 for a set of 6 you will know that you are most-likely presented with subpar cutlery that was mass produced as disposable cutlery.
Yes, some French manufacturers are taking full advantage of the law by simply having many components needed for the final product made outside of France and still legally stamped or labeled the final product with “Made in France”. Fortunately, most French cutlers are very ethical and do produce amazing knives that are genuinely made in France.
It is important to note that Laguiole Imports do not work with manufacturers that are “partially” making knives in France. Forge de Laguiole®, Chateau Laguiole® and Fontenille Pataud® cutlery are 100% made in France.
How Do You Buy The Best Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives
- Is it worth buying an Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives?
- What benefits are there with buying an Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives, much less the best one?
- Which Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives?
buying guides for Jean Dubost Laguiole Steak Knives
Recommended Reading: Best Steak On Pellet Grill
Laguiole Steak Knife Set Information
The 6-piece steak knife set comes in a beautiful presentation box. The box, which is a perfect way for your clients to store their knives, is engraved with your clients name or monogram on the front of the box lid. In addition, we include your signature line and marketing message in the bottom corner of each box. Inside the lid of the box, you will find the certificate of authenticity showing that the knives were made in the famous town of Laguiole, France.
Recommended Reading: Seasonings For Ribeye Steak
Messermeister Avanta Pakkawood Handle Steak Knives
If you are looking for a high-end steak knife, the Wusthof Gourmet 6-piece steak knife set may be the one for you. This set contains six knives measuring 4.5 inches.
All knives feature a pointed tip, which makes it easier to cut through any piece of meat without ripping it.
With this design, you can attain even and thin slices of meat. Since tearing can cause delicious juices to escape, this is the last thing you want to happen when eating a delicious steak.
The knives measure 9.5 by 1.5 inches and use a high-carbon German stainless steel. That makes them perfectly balanced and durable.
Their accurately tempered blades are perfect if you want something safe and efficient. Additionally, they are laser tested for accuracy.
Their handle is made from synthetic polypropylene with an ergonomic design to give users a very comfortable grip. With an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, and priced between $90 and $120, these knives are available on Amazon.
Mozzbi Premium Serrated Stainless Steel Knives
If you are in the market for a relatively inexpensive set of steak knives, Mozzbi Premium serrated stainless steel knives are worth considering.
With an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars and priced between $20 and $40, these knives are available on Amazon.
This set contains six knives which can cut through your meat with ease. They are also multipurpose, so you can use them for steaks, bread, vegetables, and fruits.
These knives feature triple-riveted black mirror polish handles, forged with stainless steel, to give you a more comfortable grip and leverage while cutting.
And these knives are ideal for any event or gathering. But they are not safe for the dishwasher, even though they are rust-resistant.
Don’t Miss: Seasoning For Ribeye