Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
This Philly Steak Pizza recipe is CRAZY GOOD. Like so crazy good that Patrick and I kept murmuring crazy good over and over again in between bites as we stuffed our faces with this crazy good pizza.
This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza is an ode to my absolutely favorite Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. I crave this meaty, cheese sandwich so much that Ive already made Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls and Philly Cheesesteak Soup. The only way to possible make this dining delight even more delicious?! Make it into Philly Cheesesteak Pizza!
The sautéing of the steak, onions and peppers only takes about 5 minutes and the layering can be done in a flash, so that makes this Philly Cheesesteak Pizza the ultimate quick, easy and uber delicious dinner especially if you have made the Perfect Homemade Pizza Crust beforehand and either refrigerated it or frozen it for times like this when the Philly Cheese Steak Pizza craving just wont go away which for me, is pretty much all the time!
I apologize in advance if you develop a craving problem after eating this Philly Cheesesteak Pizza. But then again, its a delicious problem to have. And your family will love you for it because your problem means more of their favorite pizza, because if you all love Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches, this will be your new favorite pizza!
Does Dominos Have A Steak And Cheese Sub
Each sandwich has beautifully sliced portions of steak that are placed onto our tasty bread. Once the steak slices and vegetables have been placed, its time to add the cheeses. At Dominos, we use both provolone and American cheese on our Philly. Then, we bake our Philly Cheese Steak until its golden brown.
A Note On Making Steak For Philly Pizza
Leftover, refrigerated steak is perfect for this recipe because chilled steak is easy to slice.
For replicating the classic Philly steak seasoning taste, marinate your favorite steak recipe in worcestershire sauce with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Or just use a little salt and pepper to sear or grill an 8 oz steak to medium rare like I did in the coulotte steak recipe in the tutorial photos.
Also Check: 12 Piece Steak Knife Set
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Under no circumstances I declare this as an genuine Philly cheese steak recipe. In actual fact, Ive by no means been to Philly and by no means tried an genuine model.
That being stated, thiss how we make it and preserve it easy with high quality substances for optimum taste!
- Step 1. Toast the buns!!! Buttery crispy toasted buns are every part! You should utilize both butter or mayo. I typically use mayo, if I dont have softened butter.
- Step 2. SautÃÃÂ© the greens, should youre utilizing. Truthfully, we frequently skip this half, as a result of Garrat doesnt course of onions and peppers properly. But when Ive some available, I add it. I all the time serve it individually although.
- Step 3. Ensure that to thinly slice the steaks and cook dinner them on excessive warmth for fast 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Right heres a genius trick to thinly slice the meat at dwelling!
- Step 4. Divide the meat into 4 equal piles, place cheese slices on high to soften. Then put a bun over the meat and flip over.
Read more: Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce | Family Cuisine
Yeah, when you do that Philly cheesesteak recipe, with or with out the cheese sauce, youll perceive why its such a staple in our household! And fairly truthfully, its an ideal informal dinner for an organization too.
Also Check: How To Marinate Steak For Grilling
Whats On A Papa Johns Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
is offering a new Cheesesteak pizza in their Philadelphia location. There is a garlic sauce at the top and mushrooms, onions, cheddar cheese, onion, steak, and steak cheeses are served over green pepper cream. In the large, $12 is typically needed, which comes with 330 calories. Takeaway.com recently tried the pizza, and it proved incredibly popular.
Read Also: Steak N Shake Franchise Partnerships
Also Check: Is Omaha Steaks Grass Fed
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias #BakeFromScratch
Looking for the best Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe? This recipe is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. Even better, this recipe uses an amazing homemade pizza dough recipe. The whole pizza is ready in 30 minutes including the time it takes to make the dough.
Ingredients In This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza:
- Pizza Dough: I pretty much always use this Easy Pizza Dough, but there are times whenI need a shortcut and we grab some from one of our favorite bakeries. Homemade or store bought, we dont judge!
- Green peppers and onions: I like to saute my onions and peppers first to make sure they arent going to be too crunchy it always builds flavor and even adds a bit of sweetness to the onions and mellows the flavor. You can skip this step if you like a lot of crunch
- BBQ sauce: use your favorite! You can swap this for traditional red pizza sauce if you prefer, but we love the barbecue flavor on this one
- Thinly sliced deli roast beef: I love using deli meat for quick meals! No pre-cooking, no slicing, just throw it on and youre good to go. You can use leftover roast beef or cooked ground beef if you prefer
- Shredded cheese: use mozzarella, cheddar, or your favorite pizza blend! We usually opt for mozzarella or a mix of both. You can even use sliced provolone if you want to take things up a notch.
Recommended Reading: Most Tender Steak To Grill
Whats The Best Pizza Dough For Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
You use store bought pizza dough, but I HIGHLY recommend my homemade pizza dough recipe. This pizza dough recipe is fool proof, flavorful and has hundreds of rave reviews!
Ive included step by step instructions including how to make pizza dough ahead of time and how to freeze. Just be aware this pizza dough recipe makes two pizzas, so you will want to either half the dough recipe or freeze one for later, or if serving a large crowd, you can double the Philly Cheesesteak Pizza recipe.
Make The Provolone Sauce
Time to make some provolone pizza sauce! Sprinkle flour into the drippings left behind in the pan and whisk just until it is moistened. Next, you’ll splash in the milk, whisking well after each and every addition.
Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and allow the mixture to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, just until it thickens slightly. As soon as the mixture appears slightly thickened, remove the sauce from the heat and stir in a quarter cup of grated provolone cheese, salt, and garlic powder.
All of the stovetop work is officially done at this point and you can move on to assembling your pizza!
Read Also: Best Place To Order Steaks Online
Assemble The Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
To assemble the pizza, place your pizza crust on either a large baking sheet or a pizza pan and brace yourself for pizza topping heaven.
Add the sauce to the pizza crust and spread it to the edges. Then, add a scant layer of Monterey Jack cheese followed by the cooked steak strips, cooked onions, peppers, and mushrooms, if using.
Finish the pizza with a final layer of cheese, this time sprinkling both the remaining Monterey Jack and provolone cheese across the top.
Ingredients For Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Toppings
Heres all the delicious gourmet pizza toppings for my version of Philly steak pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- A little olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley to sprinkle on top at the end
Other pizza toppings you can add
- Peppers and mushrooms are a pretty classic cheese steak topping, so feel free to throw some fresh or sautéed mushrooms on top as well.
- Provolone cheese is a great substitution or addition to the cheese blend.
- Bell peppers of any color will work. Orange and red peppers are on the sweeter site, whereas green bell peppers are a bit more bitter.
- Any onions will work.Caramelized red onions are another great choice. Walla Walla yellow onions are sweeter and perfect on top, as well.
Also Check: What Do You Marinate Steak With
Ingredients For The White Philly Cheese Steak Sauce
Dont want to make your own white sauce for pizza? No problem you can substitute Alfredo sauce. But my DIY white sauce tastes amazing on steak pizza . Heres what you need
- The base: olive oil, garlic, butter, flour, milk
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper, dried Italian seasonings blend
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
What Rack Of The Oven Should You Cook Your Pizza On
Have you ever wondered if it makes a difference which rack you cook the pizza on? I definitely have. I actually read a bunch of scientific cooking demos that explained the difference between what happens on the top vs the bottom of the oven.
The conclusion was that its best to cook the pizza on the top rack. It allows for the most even cooking of both the crust and the toppings, so one doesnt burn before the other cooks. Give it a try!
Don’t Miss: Flatware Set With Steak Knives
Helpful Tools For Making Cheesesteak Pizza
- Pizza Stone: The crust begins cooking/searing immediately when dough is placed on the hot stone, which results in a beautify crispy crust on the bottom thats still soft and chewy in the middle AKA perfection.
- Instant read thermometer: allows you to make sure the water is in that tight range of temperature needed to activate yeast. This way you know that if the yeast doesnt activate then its not the water its the yeast and you dont waste your time trying to get the water right. It also gives you the peace of mind that once the water is in the right range, youre guaranteed perfect pizza dough.
- Stand mixer: I use my stand mixer because it saves time, elbow grease and it keeps my hands from getting gooey but its not 100% necessary the dough will just take a few more minutes and elbow grease without one.
- Cheese grater: I use this kitchen tool constantly because FRESHLY grated cheese as opposed to bagged shredded cheese is always the way to go.
- Cast iron skillet: A quality cast iron skillet is a must in your cooking arsenal! It is perfect for searing and creating a deeply golden exterior on everything from chicken, to roast, to pork and seamlessly transitions from the stove to the oven. I love my super high quality Staub and Le Creuset. You can also go with a more economical, trusty skillet like this one which also works very well but it will need to be seasoned and always rubbed with vegetable oil after using.
How To Cook A Pizza
The very best option is in a wood-fired oven. If you have one of these, Im jealous.
The best option for most people is in the oven. However, I do love this electric pizza maker by Hamilton Beach. It cooks up to 40% faster & is up to 52% more energy efficient than a regular kitchen oven. It doesnt take up a lot of space and theres a handy viewing window.
This awesome little machine can cook up to a 12-inch pizza . The best feature is the top and bottom heating elements that enable the pizza crust to cook while the toppings are cooking.
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Usda Prime Steaks
Assemble And Bake Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Now Ill walk you through using a pizza stone to cook Philly pizza, but you can find directions on cooking pizza on a sheet pan in the recipe at the bottom of this page.
Help pizza dough rise in advance The morning-of making the pizza, move the dough from the fridge to a countertop. At a minimum, take the dough out of the fridge a couple of hours before making this pizza recipe .
Step 1. Preheat oven to 460ºF and preheat pizza stone. Consult your pizza stone to ensure the cooking temperature is safe and appropriate for your particular brand.
Step 2. Stretch the pizza dough. Check out the Sip Bite Go guide to stretching pizza dough for visuals or watch this pizza recipe video at the bottom of this page. There are also tips for you in the recipe card notes.
Step 3. Assemble pizza. Take the pizza stone out of the oven and brush half the olive oil on the pizza stone. Carefully add raw pizza to the hot pizza stone. Add the pizza toppings right on top of the raw pizza dough.
First, brush olive oil on the outside crust of the pizza in a circle shape. Then add sauce to the center of the raw pizza dough leaving 1 on the outside for the crust.
Sprinkle on the cheese. Top with cooked steak slices and sautéed onions and peppers.
Step 4. Bake pizza. Add pizza to the oven and bake at 460ºF for 10-15 minutes . Pizza is ready when cheese has completely melted and is starting to bubble. The bottom of the dough should be golden brown.
Can I Use Different Cheese On My Cheesesteak Pizza
You sure can! Traditionally, a cheesesteak sandwich is topped with provolone or Cheez-Wiz. I have, however, seen them topped with everything from cheddar to pepper jack. Mozzarella is another creamy and mild cheese that easily fits into this recipe.
Try different flavors of cheese to find the one you prefer on this recipe. Youll find new flavor combinations, and be able to use up leftover cheese in the refrigerator before it goes bad! You really cant go wrong with cheese on this pizza.
Also Check: Best Way To Cook Bison Steak
What Is A Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
A Philly Cheesesteak Pizza is all of the flavors of a cheesesteak on top of a homemade pizza crust. For us, it is important that the pizza crust be homemade because it just tastes better. I think I have tried all of the premade pizza doughs available and nothing tastes as good as a freshly made pizza dough.
Related: You have to try this Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls
Make The White Sauce For Cheesesteak Pizza From Scratch
Even if youve never made a cheese sauce for pizza, you can pull this one off. Its really simple and takes only about 10 minutes. See the recipe video at the bottom of this page if you want me to walk you through it.
For more details, see this white pizza sauce recipe.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Hanger Steak
Dont Overcook The Beef And Veggies
This Philly cheesesteak pizza is topped with the classic beef, onions, and bell peppers that we love about the Philly cheesesteak. When cooking these together on the stove, dont overcook them. Only cook the mixture until the onions and peppers are tender. They and the beef will continue to cook while the pizza is in the oven.
Ingredients To Make Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Active dry yeast
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add in flank steak, sliced onions, and thin sliced bell peppers.
- Cook until veggies are tender and steak is mostly cooked.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, making sure to keep all of the drippings from the steak and veggies, add in heavy cream and milk. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Now, add Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and well combined.
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in seasonings, stir well, and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce onto pizza crust and spread evenly, keeping 1 inch from the edge of the crust.
- Place sliced provolone over the sauce, completely cover the sauce.
- Next, spoon meat/veggie mixture on top of provolone. Spread evenly over entire pizza.
- Now sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
Recommended Reading: Ricardo Steak House Menu Prices