S To Cook Ribeye Steak In An Oven
Youll have a steakhouse entrée on the table in no time with only a few simple steps!
Ribeye Steak in an Oven
Fresh And Zesty Ribeyeseasoning
Since meat has a relatively heavy flavor, you can make a light and fresh seasoning for it. If you like a fresh flavour on your steak or have never tried it then give this a try.
It is one of the best steak seasoning recipe for grilling and hence it makes in the top 5 of the best seasoning for ribeye steak on grill.
This seasoning will bring out both the pleasing aroma of the met and counter the fatty flavors making it a good ribeye steak seasoning.
Combine the zest and juice of two oranges, two tablespoons each of kosher salt and chopped parsley, and a tablespoon of smoked paprika and generously rub it on your ribeye steak.
This is one of the popular ribeye steak seasoning and if you like some fresh flavours then do check out the this seasoning to make the best grilled ribeye steak.
Want To Learn How To Cook Steak On A Grill
Weve got the answers you are looking for! Theres nothing quite like a flavorful, tender, perfectly grilled steak. Its even better when you can say you cooked it yourself. You can become the grilling king or queen of your neighborhood easier than you may think.
If you are wanting to learn how to grill steak like the Champion grillmasters, you need more than just an online grilled Ribeye steak recipe to follow. With so much information available in an online search its easy to get overwhelmed fast.
How do you know what methods are going to give you a perfectly grilled steak every time? Here at BBQ Champs Academy, well show you everything you need to know in easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions straight from the grilling pros. Here in our one-of-a-kind online cooking classes, our World Champion grillmasters will show you all the techniques and secrets they use to balance flavors and grill amazing Ribeye steak!
Read Also: Mcdonalds Steak Bagel Sauce Recipe
What Makes The Ribeye One Of The Best Cuts
The Ribeye is considered to be one of the most flavorful and tender cuts of steak available.
This cut comes from an area of the animal that gets little to no exercise, so it tends to have more marbling than other muscles that get used more often on the muscle.
The Ribeye steak is cut from the prime rib, or the standing rib roast.
More Traeger Beef Recipes here!
How Long Can You Marinate A Ribeye Steak
To let the steak absorb the flavors from the seasoning, you have to at least marinate it for 30 minutes. This will get the seasonings to combine with the meat.
Since ribeye steaks are relatively more tender than most cuts, I suggest that you do not go over 3 hours of marinating or else, you will end up with a cut that is too soft.
Don’t Miss: Mcdonalds Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Recipe
How To Make Grilled Ribeye
Take Me To The Recipe For Steak Marinade Already
Thank you so much for your eagerness to view my recipe.
If you would rather not hear my super helpful tips and tricks, FAQ, and my overall awesomeness and get straight to this delicious Steak Marinade you can very easily scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Bon appetit.
Read Also: How Long Can Omaha Steaks Stay Frozen
How To Make Smoked Ribeye Steaks: The Ultimate Guide
Learn how to smoke ribeye steaks the RIGHT WAY on ANY grill or smoker, whether its a Traeger or Pit Boss pellet grill, a Masterbuilt electric smoker, or just a simple Weber kettle!
Smoke these ribeyes full of flavor low and slow and then finish with a blazing hot reverse sear to create the BEST ribeye steaks youve ever had!
Lets get started!
We are going to cover:
- What to look for when buying ribeye steaks to smoke
- How to prep your ribeye steaks for the smoker
- How to set up different grills and smokers for smoked ribeye steaks
- What temperature to cook your ribeye steaks
- The best wood choices for ribeye steak
- How to know when your ribeye steaks are done
- An optional, but HIGHLY recommended method to reverse sear the steaks and finish them to perfection after removing them from the smoker.
- Our FAVORITE recipe for Reverse Seared and Smoked Ribeye Steaks
Wow, thats a lotso lets get started!
Seasoning Ribeye Steaks For Smoking
Since we are preferably smoking some high quality ribeye here, we recommend keeping it simple.
Salt and pepper work just fine on their own. Mixed with the woodsmoke, along with the juices, rendered fats, and oils form the steak, you will be in heaven, trust us.
However, there is nothing wrong with using your favorite steak rub as well.
Pro Tip: Stay away from anything that contains sugar or little bits of dried garlic because these will both burn when you sear the steak at the end.
Before we dive in too much further, heres a great overview from Armadillo Pepper BBQ demonstrating how he smokes his ribeye steak in an electric smoker before reverse searing it in a cast iron skillet with butter.
Check it out!
Recommended Reading: Pee Dee Steak House On 125 Menu
Read Also: Seasoning For Ribeye
Successfully Cooking Steaks On A Pellet Grill
Not all pellet grills are the same, and most of them will have varying recommended temperature settings for different kinds of meat.
You can now learn how to cook steak on pellet grills and become a bona fide woodfired steak master using the steps we discussed. You can put your skills to the test and make steaks at home so that you can avoid spending top dollar on fancy steak restaurants.
Also Check: Frozen Steaks Delivered
How To Grill Ribeye Steaks:
- Set steaks out to come to room temperature about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Mix up the dry rub by combining: brown sugar, granulated garlic, kosher salt, smoked paprika, black pepper and dry mustard.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil. Season on both sides with dry rub.
- Prepare grill to about a 400° fire with pecan or hickory wood for smoke flavoring.
- Place steaks over direct fire to sear about 2 minutes. Move to indirect fire and continue to cook about 3 minutes.
- Flip steaks and continue to cook until desired doneness. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your steak.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Read Also: Does Omaha Steaks Have Organic Meat
Don’t Miss: Canada Steak Burger In Chula Vista
Ingredients Needed For Grilled Ribeye
- Ribeye Steak We used a boneless cut, but you could also use bone-in steak. Our steaks were 12-16 oz. If yours are a different size, just adjust the grilling time accordingly.
- Beef Seasoning We season steak with our beef seasoning, but you can use your favorite seasoning. A simple sprinkle of ground black pepper and salt is delicious too!
Ribeye Steak In The Oven
If you love our grilled ribeye steak recipe, you will love it in the oven, too! Follow our instructions for seasoning the beef and for topping with garlic butter, then use our Reverse Sear Ribeye Steak recipe as a guide for how to cook steak in the oven.
My new favorite beefy obsession is birria! You haven’t lived until you try this amazing Mexican Beef Stew!
Also Check: Mcdonald’s Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Nutrition
How To Grill A Perfect Ribeye Steak On A Gas Grill
You cant beat the flavor of a ribeye. If youre not familiar with how to cook this cut of beef, its simple on a gas grill. Follow the steps below to cook the perfect ribeye at your next backyard barbecue.
Ribeye steaks are one of the most flavorful cuts of meat because of their marbling, or fat content. The more marbling, the higher the USDA grades the steak. Prime is the highest rating, followed by Choice and then Select. Our experts recommend buying ribeyes that 1.25 inches thick with marbling throughout. Anything much thicker or thinner could make cooking more difficult, and the fat enhances the flavor.
Move To Indirect Heat Area Of Grill
Once you have properly seared the steak, if it is not finished, move it to the side of the grill where it not directly over the coals. Close the lid and continue cooking the steak until you achieve the temperature you desire. Keep in mind that you do not need to flip the steak during this stage of indirect grilling.
You May Like: How Long Can Omaha Steaks Stay In Shipping Cooler
Tips For Grilled Ribeye Steak
Follow the tips below for delicious grilled rib eye steak with perfect sear marks and juicy, tender steak.
- Use quality meat: Since flavor come only from the meat its important to use high-quality meat for optimal flavor and texture. For best flavor use grass-fed or organic ribeye steak.
- Use a simple steak seasoning with salt: Even just salt and pepper work well. Or use a dry steak seasoning which includes ingredients such as garlic, salt, and freshly ground pepper, coriander, oregano and/or chili. Alternately, you could ahead of time.
- Season meat ahead of time: Season at least 1-2 hours ahead of time, or overnight. This allows flavors to soak in and the salt helps tenderize meat proteins and creates juicer meat. Note: to save time you could skip this and just let the seasoning soak in at room temp, but the flavors will be different.
- Bring meat to room temperature: Let sit at least 30 minutes before cooking. This ensures more even cooking throughout and better internal temperature control.
- Keep your grill grates clean to reduce sticking: Learn more about cleaning grill grates.
- Use high heat on the grill, then reduce: Preheat grill to medium-high or about 500° F. Add steaks, close lid, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook to desired doneness: Check temp while on the grill, watch carefully and do not overcook.
- Rest 5-10 minutes before cutting: It will continue to cook a bit. It also allows moisture to be absorbed back into meat proteins and reduces liquid loss.
What Spices Go Best With Steak
Theres really just one main thing you need to season steak: good old reliable kosher salt! Dont be tempted to use table saltits very fine and will dissolve too quickly once it hits the meat. You can add other spices too , or you can you can use seasoned salt for extra flavor. But if you want to keep it simple, just go with kosher salt. Add a little freshly ground pepper or cayenne, if you like.
Don’t Miss: Did Mcdonald’s Discontinue Egg White Delight
How To Reverse Sear A Ribeye
It all starts with smoking at a low temperature for flavor, and then finishing on high heat for that sear. This is a similar concept to sous vide cooking , only done on the smoker . This is also a similar method to these friggin amazing smoked burgers with chorizo and smoked poblanos. Those burgers were smoked at a low heat then finished on a hot grill for that irresistible sear.
Kalbi Korean Steak Seasoning
Korean cuisine includes many healthy vegetables and fermented side dishes, but the mains are composed mostly of steaks and small cuts of meat.
So you know they have the best seasonings as well.
If you miss that tasty Samgyeopsal sauce that you have tried, then you should try this seasoning. 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
It is not a perfectly dry rub, but it does not use too much-wet seasoning.
It is also perfect as it will combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients to let the flavors into the meat.
Add one tablespoon of minced garlic to the mix, sesame seeds, a teaspoon of ground black pepper, and two chopped onions before marinating the steak into the mix and cooking it.
Read Also: Empire Steak House New York
Recommended Reading: Mcdonalds Bagels Discontinued 2020
Spice Rub For Grilled Ribeye Steak
I like to use a spice rub for grilled steak, more than a marinade. I find a spice rub seems to seal in the flavors nicely. Occasionally I will marinate a steak, but tend to reserve marinating for tougher cuts of beef that benefit from a tenderizing marinade. For instance, I will marinate beef overnight when making something like this Tuscan Beef Stew.
How to make a spice rub? Its so easy, theres no need to buy those pre-made rub mixes at the store. When you make your own spice rub, you know exactly what is in it. Find a basic combination you like and you can experiment with variations on it.
My basic go to rub is the cumin garlic blend we use in this recipe. All you do is combine equal parts garlic powder, cumin and salt in a small bowl, then rub it into the meat. I let the steak absorb the rub for about ten minutes, then you are ready for some big flavored grilling!
Our ten year old would tell you he doesnt like spicy food, but he loves any meat I grill with this garlic cumin rub. So its the perfect combo for a family with discerning young palatesenough flavor for the grownups, without overwhelming the kids!
I like to make various sauces to serve with steak, with mushrooms and onions featuring frequently. Check out this Ribeye with Portobello Mushrooms, for instance. But todays recipe shows you dont need to add a sauce with a good quality ribeye steak made with our simple spice rub.
How To Cook Steak On Pellet Grills
Cooking a steak on a pellet grill can be as easy as using the pellet grill for any other meat. However, procedures can be slightly different depending on the beef cut you choose and the level of doneness you want to accomplish.
As long as you do the following steps, youll have better chances of producing the perfect steak you crave.
Also Check: How Do I Track My Omaha Steaks Order
Recommended Reading: Pee Dee Steak House On 125 Menu
Are Charcoal Grills Better For Grilling Steaks
Many grilling enthusiasts argue that charcoal grills are a better alternative for grilling steaks as opposed to gas or electric grills, but why? When you cook on a charcoal grill, youll enjoy a full smoky flavor, which you just cant get with the other grilling options. Its also much easier to achieve a nice thick crust on the steak. Others feel that gas or electric grills are better choices simply because cleanup is much easier. However, if you know how to clean charcoal grill grates, cleanup and upkeep is actually a breeze. If youre looking for a top of the line charcoal grill, we recommend the PK Grills PK Original Outdoor Charcoal Portable Grill & Smoker Combination.
How To Reverse Sear On A Gas Grill
- On a three or more burner grill, turn on one burner to low or medium low heat.
- Place wood chips in a foil pouch on the grill grates over the flame.
- Place meat on indirect side. Close lid. Try to keep the temperature of the gas grill under 250 degrees, its tough as they have a lot of venting, so adjust your flame as needed. When the meat internal temperature reaches 110 degrees, you can remove the foil wood pouch.
- Next, crank up heat to high and finish with that sear.
- Remove when internal temperature of meat is to your desired doneness.
Read Also: Country Fried Steak Sam’s Club
The Third Rule Of Steak House
Learning to temp your steaks is almost as important as learning how to cook your steaks. So you can easily grill them to perfection for each of your guests.
And NEVER EVER CUT THE STEAK to see if it is done. Always use tongs to turn your steak.
While some say you should never turn your steak more than once, I like to get a nice crosshatch marking on my steak so although I dont flip it more than once, I do move it on the grill crossways to get those pretty cross marks on my steaks.
Over a hot grill, your steaks will cook rather quickly, going from very soft to somewhat soft with a bit of a spring to quite firm . Use the space on the top of your hand between your thumb and first finger to feel what a medium-rare steak should feel like.
Get in the habit of touching the steaks often to judge if theyre done.
I absolutely love my Thermopro Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer. It takes all the guesswork out of cooking meats in the oven, on the grill, or in a smoker.
And undercooking is better than overcooking. You can always cook the steaks a little longer, if necessary. *Steaks will continue to cook once theyre off the heat increasing the internal temperature from 5 8 degrees.