What To Serve With Flank Steak Tacos
- Oven Roasted Potatoes would make a delicious side for these tacos. Find out how to roast potatoes in the oven and other helpful tips.
- Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad Healthy Mexican Street Corn Salad with Quinoa. Easy recipe with NO MAYO. A better-for-you version of elote thats delicious for a side or vegetarian main.
- Mexican Cornbread An easy recipe for cheesy Mexican cornbread from scratch! Made with jalapeño, gooey cheese, and a can of Mexicorn, its moist, delicious, and not too spicy.
What Can I Make Ahead
This steak taco recipe comes together super quickly but you can still get a jump start on dinner by prepping the steak and the toppings:
- Steak: chop the steak and toss it with the spice rub. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 48 hours before cooking. Remove steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Poblano crema: can be made and stored up to 3 days in advance.
- Salsa: can be made and stored up to 3 days in advance.
- Avocado crema or guacamole: can be made and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days IF you transfer the crema/guacamole to an airtight container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the crema before adding the lid. This will delay oxidization/browning that occurs when the surface of the crema comes in contact with air.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
There are three things that make a great taco: marinating the meat overnight, cooking down the marinade to use it as a sauce, and heating up the tortillas. This recipe does all three.
By combining citrus juice with oil, garlic, oregano, and chili powder, it infuses the steak with a rich flavor ready to grill and slice for the perfect juicy steak slices. Then, the rich steak is balanced by a light, fresh pico de gallo and a squeeze of sharp lime.
The base ingredients for the taco filling can be paired with whatever kind of tortilla you like, or even with a lettuce wrap. My choice is a white corn tortilla heated up over direct flame.
Also Check: Kansas City Steaks Discount Code
How To Freeze Steak Tacos
- Cooked steak: transfer chopped flank steak to an airtight container or plastic freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Tortillas: both flour and corn tortillas freeze well but flour tortillas should not be thawed in the microwave instead let them thaw completely in the refrigerator 1-2 days before using.
Our Recommended 10 Best Marinade For Steak Tacos Reviews 2022
- Buttery, Creole-seasoned marinade Original Injector included
- Delivers tender, juicy meat full of bold flavor
- Quick, three-step injecting process: assemble needle, pull marinade into needle, inject
- Inject into chicken, pork or turkey
- Iconic blend features garlic, salt and paprika
- Americas #1 grilling seasoning, made with McCormick spices
- No MSG added, no artificial flavors
- Robust seasoning blend for bolder tasting steaks and burgers
- GRILLING TIP: Shake 1 tbsp of seasoning per 1 lb of steak burgers or pork before grilling or broiling
- Four most-loved Grill Mates Seasonings together in one set
- Easily add bold flavor to steaks, burgers, chicken and more on your grill
- Not just for meat. Add umami flavor to mashed potatoes and roasted veggies
- Grilling spices make a great housewarming gift for everyone
- Add deep flavor to salads with Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Amazon Prime Video
- Guy Fieri, Mark Dissin
- Beef marinade made with a blend of McCormick spices and flavors like onion, garlic and turmeric
- No MSG meat marinade mix
- Tenderizes meat in just 15 minutes
- Savory beef flavoring works perfectly with your desired cut of steak
- Meat marinade packets infuse your favorite meat with delectable flavor
- Chili peppers and other tasty seasonings combined to deliver top-notch Mexican flavor
Recommended Reading: How To Grill The Perfect Medium Steak
Steak Tacos With Corn Salsa Are My Jam This Summer Easy Grilling + A Delish Salsa = Game Over
Growing up in AZ meant we were right over the border from some of my favorite towns in Mexico, Puerto Penasco. There was always someone who was up for a quick weekend getaway which meant TACOS ALL DAY LONG!! Fish tacos. Steak tacos. Shrimp tacos. Octopus tacos You name it It was amazing. My idea of a perfect weekend getaway.
Today were making a version of my favorite street tacos from back in the day Steak Tacos with Corn Salsa! Easy to make, even easier to eat! And the corn is like a burst of freshness in your mouth along with the marinated grilled steak. Ugh, I cant even deal. Its everything.
How Can I Make Flavorful Steak Tacos Without A Marinade
Using top sirloin in this steak taco recipe is only half the battle to achieve flavorful steak tacos. Without the use of a penetrating marinade, we need to use a dynamic spice rub. This spice rub consists of chili powder, ancho chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground coriander, and my secret ingredient, Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon.
If youve been following me for long, you know I love Knorr® Granulated Bouillon. In fact, when I was contacted by Knorr®, I already had 32-ounce jars of Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon which I purchased at my local Super King found in the international/Hispanic aisle.
Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon enhances the flavor of the steak tacos with its concentrated beefy flavor. It just adds that little oomph to elevate the recipe to restaurant delicious. It is my secret ingredient that I use in practically all of my recipes including soups, stews, sauces, pastas, casseroles, vegetables, etc. I use it in my Crockpot Beef and Broccoli, Baked Ziti, Honey Balsamic Beef,Beef Stew,Beef Enchiladas,Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches,Lasagna,Crockpot Chili, Crockpot Pot Roast and on and on! So, if you want to instantly elevate your cooking, use Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon.
Now, lets have some fun! Check out my steak tacos recipe post on Instagram for details about entering a chance to win a Visa gift card!
You May Like: Does Costco Sell Tomahawk Steaks
Facts About Ohio Beef
- Make Taco Tuesday nutritious and delicious by preparing beef! A 3oz. serving of beef provides 25 grams of protein and 10 essential nutrients, like B vitamins, all wrapped up into one tasty package.
- Beef is BIG on protein, providing 25 grams per 3oz. serving or about half of your bodys daily needs. Adding high-protein foods, like beef, to your diet will help with weight management and will keep you feeling energized all day.
- Ohio beef farmers are passionate about protecting the environment and providing excellent care for their cattle. Meet Scott and Sasha Rittenhouse, a millennial beef farming couple from New Carlisle, Ohio, who make caring for their cattle the No. 1 priority on their farm.
- 98 percent of Ohios 17,000 beef farms are family-owned and operated. Beef cattle can be found in every Ohio county.
What Cut Of Steak Is Best For Tacos
I like to grill flank steak it cooks up quickly, is budget-friendly, and tastes delicious. Skirt steak is also a good option if you cant find flank, prefer skirt steak, or just happen to have one in your fridge or freezer that needs to be used up. You could also use a hanger steak as well. Make due with what you have just remember each steak cut will have a different cooking time depending on your preferences.
Also Check: Is Omaha Steaks Grass Fed
How To Make Steak Street Taco Filling
Sometimes, Im not in the mood to wait very long for a delicious taco and when I need to get dinner on the table I go straight to sirloin steak. There is no need to get thick-cut steaks or spend the extra money on ribeye. Sirloin steak cooks hot and fast and its a great use of the thin sirloin slices that grocery stores keep pushing these days.
Ill take the sirloin steak slices and chop them into 1/2 inch or so chunks, which gives more surface area for the carne asada rub to stick to.
Then just throw them in a bowl with my homemade carne asada rub and youre ready to rock. You can cook this instantly or you can start it in the morning, go to work, and let it absorb the flavors until you are ready to make dinner.
Carne Asada Skirt Steak Tacos And Marinade
A friend of mine recently showed me a recipe for Carne Asada she made for her husbands birthday dinner. She expressed her disappointment because of the recipe and wondered why. She followed it to a T.
I read through the recipe and could immediately tell why. It was seriously lacking in flavor portions. There were several great sounding ingredients, but in poor proportions to the amount of meat it was suggesting.
So then I gave her a hard time. Why didnt you just use one of our recipes, silly?
Aaaand then she called me out. Well, its because you dont have a Carne Asada recipe on your site!
And she was right.
We didnt have a specific Carne Asada recipe at the time, BUT we do have plenty of marinated steak recipes. And in reality thats what Carne Asada is marinated steak.
Recommended Reading: Steak N Shake Coupon Code
How To Make Grilled Steak Tacos
Poke holes in the steak with a knife, then seal inside a baggie along with the marinade ingredients. Pop that into the fridge to soak up all the flavor.
Once the steak has had time to marinate, bring the meat to room temperature and then grill to your desired doneness. Before slicing the meat, let it sit on a cutting board for a good 10 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, heat the tortillas on the grill. Then, youre ready to load up your grilled steak tacos.
Other Great Steak Marinades
Check out these recipes for some other variations on marinades. They all work great on these tacos.
If you like this recipe wed truly appreciate it if you would give this recipe a star review or leave a comment below! And if you share any of your pics on Instagram use the hashtag #vindulge. We LOVE tosee it when you cook our recipes.
This recipe was originally posted in October of 2018 and updated in October of 2021 to include new photos and details on the recipe steps.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link, we may receive a small commission if you purchase through the link. We partner with brands we know and love and use and it helps keep the blog going!
Don’t Miss: Philly Cheese Steak Meat Frozen
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Easy, quick, authentic carne asada street tacos you can now make right at home! Top with onion, cilantro + fresh lime juice! SO GOOD!
You truly begin to miss things once they are gone. Thats not just a saying. Its real life.
See, I lived a block away from a famous taco truck back in LA. And as much as I love street tacos, I only went there maybe four times a year.
And now that Ive moved to Chicago, all I think about is the proximity of that taco truck back home in Los Angeles. If that taco truck were here in Chiberia, I would go four times a day!
But until I get back to LA, here is my rendition of my favorite street tacos that I miss so dearly.
Its a quick recipe using a simple marinade for your skirt steak. It just needs 1 hour of marinating before you throw it onto a skillet. From there, you can top off your tacos with diced onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
Its simple, its easy and its just perfect. That is, until you can get back to Los Angeles!
The Best Steak For Tacos
Any cut of beef will do, actually! I use flank steak for this recipe . Other great options include skirt steak, sirloin or ribeye .
Tougher cuts of meat will require longer marinating in order to tenderize the meat, but marinating is the real trick to perfection in this recipe. This recipe offers two ways to grill the steak, on the grill, and on the stovetop. Either way, its easy peasy!
Read Also: Kansas City Steak Company Kansas City Ks
What Toppings Go On Street Tacos
Traditionally, chopped cilantro and small diced onion go on top of street tacos. I have also grown fond of a sprinkling of queso fresco or cotija, which are both white mexican cheeses that crumble when pressed in your fingers. Limes are served on the side to squeeze directly on top of the taco for a pop of acidity.
The creamy green taco sauce that you see drizzled on top of the street tacos is my Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe, which Ive made previously on the blog. Its an at home version of the spicy jalapeno puree you see at taco stands in Texas and throughout mexican cooking.
Summarized Tips On Why You Should Buy From An Online Marketplace
In the year 2022, you have a multitude of options every time you look to buy a new product. You have traditional retailers, department stores, online marketplaces, etc. We believe that for your next purchase, you should seriously consider online marketplaces.
Online platforms come with loads of facilities designed to make your entire shopping experience better. They are reputable, well regarded, and provide you with the opportunity to shop from your home and get the best deals.
A very important thing you get when buying from an online platform is flexibility and convenience. In our busy lives, it is quite hard to find the time to visit a physical store. Meanwhile, you can buy anything you want, including marinade for steak tacos from an online store, while you are taking a break at work or doing your chores.
As it should be clear to you by now, there are a multitude of benefits when you go with an online platform over physical stores. Some of the benefits are summarized below in a few key points:
You May Like: Gas Grill New York Strip Steak
How To Store And Reheat Steak Tacos
- Storage: transfer steak to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Microwave: transfer steak to a microwave safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel to keep it from drying out. Microwave at 30 seconds intervals until warmed through.
- Skillet: heat one tablespoon oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat. The fat will help the steak stay tender. Once hot, add steak and cook undisturbed for a couple minutes, then begin to cook and stir until warmed through. Take care not to overcook or it can become dry.
- Oven: transfer steak to a baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or just until warmed through.
What Is In Street Tacos
- Meat: In addition to tender grilled steak, you could switch out the meat to just about anything! Grilled chicken, pulled pork, leftover roast beef, tilapia, even ground beef!
- Cheese: In this recipe we call for Cotija cheese, which is basically a Mexican Feta cheese. If you cant find Cotija, you can use feta, crumbled goat cheese, shredded cheddar or whatever you have on hand.
- Toppings: The possibilities are endless when it comes to toppings. See the list below for a list of our favorites!
- Sauce: What I love most about street tacos is their simplicity. More often than not, they are made with only a few simple ingredients and maybe a simple sauce. Most of the street tacos I have had dont even have a sauce or salsa on them. For this recipe, there is so much flavor, extra toppings or sauces just arent needed. Of course you can add them if you really want to
Don’t Miss: Where Does Longhorn Get Their Steaks
How Do You Make Steak Tacos
This recipe starts with steak, which gets marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, garlic and spices. The meat should marinate for a minimum of one hour, but its even better if you let the meat sit in the marinade all day. The steak goes onto the grill, then is thinly sliced and piled into warm tortillas. The final step is to make a quick avocado topping with a little red onion, cilantro and lime juice for flavoring.
Steak Tacos On Your Table In 30 Minutes
This easy steak taco recipe is epic! The steak tacos are ridiculously quick and easy, melt-in-your mouth tender and exploding with flavor. The steak is tossed in a sensational spice rub , pan-seared to juicy perfection, loaded into warmed tortillas then piled high with all your favorite toppings such as roasted poblano crema , guacamole,salsa, pico de gallo and/or sour cream. These steak tacos make the ideal easy weeknight dinner but are also tasty enough to serve guests. The steak is also extremely versatile and can be served in burritos, burrito bowls, salads, etc. and reheats and freezes exceptionally well. Now get ready for the quickest steak tacos of your life!
Also Check: Omaha Steaks Chocolate Lava Cake
What Kind Of Steak Do You Use For Tacos
You can use all types of steak for your steak tacos. However, for this carne asada or grilled steak tacos it is best to use:
- Flank steak
- Skirt steak
- Sirloin steak
These are all a lean cut of beef. Cook medium to medium rare and thinly slice before stacking them in a taco.
This steak is perfect for tacos.