Steak Fajitas With Grilled Bell Peppers And Portobello
Lets get grilling
Place KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade, cumin and lime juice in a large, resealable plastic bag. Add steak, mushrooms, peppers and onions and shake bag to coat ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to grill, up to 4 hours.
Prepare grill for medium-hot cooking. Drain marinade from bag and discard. Cook steak until browned on both sides, 5 minutes per side. Cook mushrooms, peppers and onion 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and softened. Slice steak and vegetables and keep warm.
Using tongs, heat tortillas quickly over grill. Fill warm tortillas with meat and vegetables, drizzle with Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite Barbecue Sauce and serve with sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro as desired.
- green bell pepper seeded, quartered1
- yellow or red bell pepper seeded, quartered1
- Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite Barbecue Sauce1/4cup
- KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade1/2cup
What To Serve With Traeger Grilled New York Strip Steak
This steak is wonderful with a Caesar salad, but any salad works. You can also serve with something like grilled asparagus or zucchini. Here are some other suggestions for sides that you might want to give a try as well.
These recipes work well with steaks especially!
- Grilled Lobster Tails Surf and turf, all day long. Wood fired lobster tails are perfect with any kind of steak!
- Traeger Bacon wrapped shrimp Another surf and turf option. These are typically appetizers but would be wonderful served as a skewer alongside the tender steak.
- Greek pasta salad This one is made with noodle and tons of vegetables. Iâd love a pile of thing alongside a steak.
- Chanterelle mushroom soup Great first course, and mushrooms always work with steak.
- Creamy Asparagus Pasta
How Do You Make Tough Strip Steak Tender
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers. Use a marinade. Dont forget the salt. Let it come up to room temperature. Cook it low-and-slow. Hit the right internal temperature. Rest your meat. Slice against the grain.
Read Also: How Do I Track My Omaha Steaks Order
New York Strip Steaks Bathed In Harissa Butter Are Juicy Buttery Tender And Dripping With Flavor In Every Caramelized Charred Crust Bite It Requires Minimal Seasonings And Simple Prep
New York Strip Steak is a popular cut of beef because its SO easy to cook, richly beefy, and always melt-in-your mouth tender wrapped in its signature smoky, caramelized, charred crust. This recipe will teach you how to make the best Strip Steaks with a few simple seasonings, compound butter and the option to either grill the steaks OR pan-sear in a hot skillet and finish in the oven. Use these cooking methods with any seasonings you like or I highly recommend my sensational ground cumin, sweet paprika, salt and pepper spice rub and spicy, garlic, lemon infused harissa butter for the ultimate restaurant-fabulous steak experience. And the best part of this New York Strip Steak recipe? Its SO easy with practically zero clean up! Season, rest, then grill thats it! Serve your NY Strip Steaks with your favorite sides like cucumber tomato salad, twice baked potatoes and fruit salad and enjoy the flood of compliments!
Recommended Reading: How To Clean Traeger Grill
A Perfect Grilled Steak
Its always important to keep an eye on the temperature of your steak while you are cooking on an electric grill. Between variations on the temperature on the heating surface and the quirks of the cut of meat you bought, you might not be able to simply trust that your steak is done at a certain time.
As a rule, a steak is done when its reached somewhere between three hundred seventy-five and four hundred degrees. Once your steak has hit that temperature, its really up to you to decide if its done. Once you pull it off the grill and let it rest, youll have the kind of meal that anyone who loves a good steak will want and you will be able to do so without having to worry about the weather. Its also important to know how to clean an electric grill after using.
You May Like: Seasoning For Ribeye
Why Make This New York Strip Steak Recipe
This New York Strip Steak recipe is one of my husbands and my absolute favorite steak recipes to date. We grilled it, pan seared it and oohed and awed over it every time. Not only is NY Strip Steak naturally tender and the ideal size for fast cooking, this recipe bolsters it with hypnotic flavor. Heres why youll love this Strip Steak recipe:
Also In The Beef Brief
Get delicious offers, events, recipes and more in your inbox.
Were deeply in love with the details that go into great tasting food.
Pre offers high-quality, grass fed and finished beef sourced from farmers who raise cattle on pasture year-round. No added antibiotics, no added hormones, no BPA and no GMOs. Whole30 approved, certified paleo and keto*.
*The Ketogenic diet is considered a medical diet. Pre brands does not encourage consumption of our products for any particular diagnosis, treatment, or care. Please consult qualified medical professionals for advice or treatment.
Real talksince my cancer was environmental and not hereditary I am super conscious of what goes into my body, especially protein. Post chemo left my body super low in iron so steak remains in my diet. I found Pre a few months ago and its the only meat I buy. Grass-fed, no added hormones and most importantly affordable. Eat better for your body people!
Your steaks, especially the sirloin, ribeye, and filet mignon are absolutely delicious. Wasnt sure how these cuts would taste grilled but they taste just as good if not better than cuts Ive had a top notch steakhouses.
This beef is AMAZING! Im from Wisconsin so a huge steak lover. This is some of the best beef, Ive experienced and Ive had beef around the world. Its a must try, and youll understand what I mean.
You May Like: Steak Eze Sams
By Step Grilling Instructions
- Place the steak over direct heat for 3 min.
- Flip the steak over for another 3 min of direct heat.
- Remove the steak from direct heat and place it in indirect heat for 3 min.
- Flip the steak over for another 3 min of indirect heat.
- Continue over indirect heat until you have reached your desired internal temperature
Tips For Making Strip Steak
As I mentioned earlier, strip steak is extremely easy to make and doesnt require a lot of ingredients or fuss. With this in mind, here are some of the most important things to focus on when grilling strip steak:
- Get your grill hot, hot, hot! Turn on your grill as high as itll go, and make sure to allow the grill to fully preheat before cooking your steaks. A nice, hot grill is key to ensuring these steaks cook perfectly and remain nice and juicy.
- #restingbutter. That compound butter? Its just a tiny bit magic. By placing your hot steaks directly on the butter while it rests makes for the most flavorful steak ever. Do not skip this step! This resting butter is a complete game-changer, and youll never eat strip steaks without it again.
- Use a reliable thermometer. Make sure you are using a trusty meat thermometer to keep track of the internal temperature of your steaks while they are on the grill. My family prefers steaks cooked to medium-rare, but as always, cook to the doneness you prefer. I highly recommend cooking your steaks to medium-rare or medium for maximum flavor and juiciness. Anything over medium begins to dry out and become tougher to chew.
Recommended Reading: Mcdonald’s Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Nutrition
How To Cook Strip Steak In The Oven
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before grilling.
- Set oven for broil and preheat 10 minutes.
- Season steaks as desired we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- Place steaks on the rack of a broiler pan. Position broiler pan in oven so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, according to the times listed below.
- For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 10-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
- Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise for as much as 5°F during this time . The final temperature will read 135°F.
- Resting steak is also important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
How To Grill Steak With A Cast Iron Skillet
A cast iron skillet gets scorching hot and stays that way, hitting steak with the same sort of powerful heat that a grill does.
Also Check: Creamy Dill Mustard Mcdonalds
How To Cook A Striploin Steak
The striploin steak is celebrated for offering the best of both worlds when it comes to texture and flavor. It is similar to the classic tenderloin steak in terms of tenderness, and to the ribeye steaks when it comes to that powerful beefy, juicy taste. Whether you have a bone-out or bone-in striploin steak, you can be sure that you are in for a meaty treat.
So, how do you cook this cut to perfection? Follow our easy guidelines!
How To Grill Boneless Rib Eye
A steakhouse favorite, the top loin strip steak goes by several other names, including New York strip and Kansas City strip. This high-end steak is a smart choice for backyard grilling because, while it is easy to cook, tender and well-marbled, it does not have the flareup-inducing fat pockets that a rib-eye has. When grilling top loin strip steaks, it is best to use a steak that is between 1 1/2 and 2 inches thick, because thinner steaks are hard to sear properly without overcooking the center.
Also Check: Seasoning Steak Overnight
Temperatures For The Best New York Steak
The best way to ensure the most succulent, juicy NY Strip Steak every time is to check the temperature with an instant read probe style thermometer so you dont overcook it. I personally like my steak cooked medium-rare to medium. These temperatures create the juiciest steak because the moisture inside the steak cant escape at these low of temperatures. I dont recommend cooking your Strip Steak above 150 degrees, as it will become tough, dry and chewy.
Use the below temperature chart to gauge your steaks doneness. To check the temperature, insert the probe of an instant read meat thermometer into thickest part of the steak. You want the temperature to register 5°F lower than the desired doneness temperature because the steaks will continue to cook and rise in temperature while resting.
|145 to 150°F||150 to 155°F|
NOTE: The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F and then rested for at least 3 minutes for safety.
Planked New York Strip Steak And Vegetables
Planking is a technique for grilling that lends a smoky flavor to the food by cooking the food inside the grill on top of cedar planks.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Don’t Miss: Mcdonalds Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Calories
Temperatures For Your Ideal New York Steak
When you cook a steak, the best way to check the temperature is to use an instant read probe style thermometer. Stick the thermometer into the thickest part of the steak to read its temperature. Remember that the best thing you can do for a steak, or any piece of meat is to let it rest. When it rests it will continue to rise in temperature, about 3-4 degrees at least. You will want to remove your steak right before it reaches its optimum temperature and let it finish cooking while it rests. This will result in the most succulent steak. I dont recommend cooking your New York Steak above 150 degrees, as it will become dry and tough.
- Rare: 130 degrees Fahrenheit
Oven recipes are super popular here at Wholesome Yum, and its time to add one more: how to cook New York strip steak in the oven! This New York strip steak recipe is made with just 5 pantry staples to let the flavor shine.
If you like this New York strip steak recipe, youll have to try out my other oven steak recipes: filet mignon, sirloin steak, and flank steak. They all use this tried and true stovetop-to-oven method that cooks your steaks perfectly every time. You can also make surf and turf with New York strip.
How To Prepare Steak For Grilling
Two things are important here – temperature and seasoning. Especially for larger cuts, letting the meat come to room temperature before you cook it ensures the beef will cook evenly.
Small steaks benefit from a bit of chill if you’re aiming for mid-rare, as they cook much more quickly. We highly recommend letting the cut sit out for at least half an hour, even up to two hours for big pieces of meat.
Secondly, seasoning is king. Salt and pepper are the classics, and there’s a reason for that. While all sorts of rubs and marinades exist, if you’re just starting out, learn how to use the basics first. They’re your best friends when it comes to getting to know seasoning.
Salting your steak a couple of hours before you grill allows the seasoning to penetrate right through the meat, making it flavorful throughout. Some people even salt overnight.
If you’re in a hurry, don’t salt a cold steak 10-20 minutes before cooking – this will mostly just draw out moisture and dry the meat out. Salting right before the steak hits the heat means that you won’t lose moisture in this way.
One final tip is to pat the beef dry when you’re bringing it up to temp. This will allow it to develop a better sear when you grill it.
How Many Times Do You Flip A Steak On The Grill
Do not flip the steak more than once.
If you flip the steak more than once, that means that the grill has something wrong in it or you did not properly prepare it so it does not have the finish you want.
See, you only touch the steak three times, once when you put it on the grill, the second time is when you flip the steak, and the third and last time is when you get it out of the grill when done with cooking.
Flipping the steak frequently will disrupt the cooking process as you let the heat get out of the meat.
That means that it will take more time for the steak to cook if you flip it too often.