Elevate Every Meal With A Fine Steak Knife
A steak knife takes a meal from everyday to elegant. While they’re traditionally used for slicing into choice cuts of meat on your dinner plate, you can use your steak knife set to enjoy any dish that requires a clean cut. Select your steak knives in pairs or sets. They get used frequently and quickly become a favored utensil, no matter what you cook.
What Makes The Best Steak Knives?
The best steak knives combine beauty and functionality to give you a sublime dining experience.
If you follow traditional etiquette, this is the only sharp knife at the table. Leave the carvers and other prep knives, even you use them for serving, in the kitchen.
- Good looks are paramount when it comes to steak knives. These are dramatic utensils, graceful and effective at once. Choose a knife set that speaks to your personal style.
- Since steak knives are used primarily on a plate–as opposed to a cutting board–they won’t be balanced the same way a chef’s knife or other prep knife is. These knives need to balance easily between your fingers when you eat.
- Finely-made steak knife handles usually appear much heavier than the blade as part of their balance. This is a simple key to shopping online for your set. Substantial handles may balance more easily in your hand.
Selecting Your Steak Knife Set
Consider also which steak knife types make the most sense with the aesthetics and balance of your knives.
Storing Your Steak Knife Set
Best Serrated: Victorinox Swiss Army 8
With thousands of five-star ratings, this lightweight, no-frills set from Victorinox gets high praise across the board. The serrated stainless-steel blades and textured handle allow for easy gripping and slicing, and they can handle the dishwasher in a pinch.
To buy: Victorinox Swiss Army 8-Piece Steak Knife Set, $31 at or walmart.com
Guidos Top Pick: Ja Henckels Forged Premio 18 Piece Set
This is a good quality set of knives from the German manufacturer. Though not made in Germany, the JA Henckels International Forged Premio 18-Piece Block Set is produced to the high standards you would expect. As you can see from the name, these knives are forged, not stamped. The set includes all the essential knives you need for your kitchen as well as shears and a honing steel. Its even got 8 steak knives so you wont run short next time you have guests! Please scroll down to check out my full report. If you want to jump straight to the very best deal, Their business model gives them great leverage to get the best prices, so thats why I use them. I check daily to make sure Ive got the best price online. So, enough talk. Lets take a closer look at these babies from JA Henckels!
Here are a few additional items youll want to have a look at. Keep scrolling down for my full report on the JA Henckels International Forged Premio 18-Piece Block Set.
Don’t Miss: Sabatier Steak Knife Set 6 Pc
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Find answers in product info, Q& As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that youve entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Read Also: Best High End Steak Knives
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying The Steak Knife Sets Serrated
As you already know, research is essential before making any purchase. So, there are some factors you should consider before starting your research. This is important so that you can make your entire buying process as hassle-free as possible.
Remember, your time has as much value as your money. So, there are a few things you should determine which will affect your research as well.
There are a few questions you should ask yourself to determine your course of research on the steak knife sets serrated:
- Is this steak knife sets serrated serving the purpose of purchase? What are your expectations from the product?
- What functions must the steak knife sets serrated have? Are there any specific functions that you are seeking in the product?
- Is there a specific budget, or is the budget flexible?
- Will the steak knife sets serrated require maintenance and upkeep costs?
- Are you looking to buy the steak knife sets serrated online or offline? What will be the best places to purchase the product?
- Where will you seek reliable information on the steak knife sets serrated?
Having multiple options from various brands can get confusing, so ask yourself these questions to narrow down your research.
Once you determine your expectations from the steak knife sets serrated and your price range, you decide which ones you must research. The research will help you determine the pros and cons. But before that, where will you get the reliable information to conduct your research?
Recommended Reading: Steak N Shake Franchise Cost
Best For Grilling: Zwilling 4
For those willing to spend a bit more on the best steak knife set, this Zwilling 4-Piece Gentlemen’s Steak Knife Set is a superior option. The knives are designed in Germany and manufactured in Spain, two countries known for producing top-tier knives. These knives, in particular, are short and very sharp, with inverted serration that is ideal for foods with tough exteriors.
The craftsmanship is clear these knives are made with one single piece of stainless steel, then sharpened and polished by hand. The set also comes with a handy and very attractive leather storage pouch for easy transport, making them some of the most stylish best steak knives of 2022.
Why This Product Is Cozymeal-Approved
Probably the most striking knives on the list, this heavy-duty gentleman’s set makes a memorable display. Short, sharp and serrated, these knives make quick work of slicing through any steak.
via Zwilling J.A. Henckels
What Are Serrated Steak Knives
They are the most popular and common choice of steak knives because its believed that they can cut through food smoothly, almost effortlessly.
Serrated steak knives are knives that have teeth-like serrations on the blade. This knife is designed to cut through tougher meats, such as steak, with ease. The serrations help to grip the meat and cut through it without tearing or shredding it.
The scalloped edging on these knives help create a smooth, clean cut as it carves into the food and cuts through meat with great force.
Recommended Reading: Daniels Steak And Chop Aruba
J A Henckels Statement Kitchen Knife Set
This review list will not be complete if we do not include a set offering you near limitless options for blade choices. This particular set by J A Henckels contains 15 knives in all. That is 15 different options for your meal preparation. We call this a lifetime set because the set will last you for several years for two reasons. Firstly, the knives are very sharp and designed for work. Secondly, there are so many of them you can afford to use one unit every week and not use the same knife in months.
This is one of the best J A Henckels steak knife set because it represents value for money. While some other brands may package knives of different quality into a single set to boost profit margins, this manufacturer does business differently. Every single unit in this piece is of equal quality. What you pay for is what you get. Quality all round.
If you must buy a steak knife, why not buy a set that will offer you long-term value? This set is what you need to execute smooth and easy cuts and chops without ruining your beef or hurting yourself in the process due to blade bluntness. A worthy buy if you ask us.
Why do we like it?
- Designed for precision cuts
Best Modern Set: Material Table Knives
Material Kitchen’s new table knives are designed to address a common kitchen problem: proper storage. The maple holder stands upright on the countertop or lies horizontally in a drawer to protect the blades from any wear and tear. They look great on the counter, at the table, and the grippy matte handles make it easy to slice with the Germain stainless steel blades.
Just like Material’s chef’s knife , these straight edge-knives are designed to work with the brand’s sharpener, which means the blade will keep as long as you care for it at home. Even better, the knives come in mixed colors or in full sets of Material’s signature hues: deep , persimmon , morel , and glazed .
To buy: The Table Knives , $90 at materialkitchen.com
You May Like: Kansas City Steaks Promotional Code
Best Overall: Wsthof Classic 4
While there are certainly less expensive steak knives available, Ina Garten’s favorite knife brand holds true in this category for a reason. Wüsthof has been making cutlery for 200 years, and its Classic line includes laser-cut blades made from high-carbon stainless steelso sharp there’s no need for serrations. This set includes four 4.5-inch German blades, and the Solingen name on the side indicates it meets the strictest quality standards. The classic triple-riveted handle is full-tang and contoured for a comfortable grip while slicing through steak, pork chops, or any tough meat.
The full bolster provides protection for your hand while slicing, and the handle is designed from a highly durable material that resists fading and discoloration. As with any premium kitchen knife, handwashing is recommended for these to remain in the best condition.
Bad Packaging Can Dull A Good Sharp Knife
The knives were first inspected for construction and packaging flaws, which can damage the knives en route. One of the most expensive steak-knife sets arrived in a fancy wooden box, but the notches that held the knives didn’t secure them tightly in place, so during transport the tips of the blades had been rubbing against the inside edge of the box, cutting grooves into the wood. That’s good for neither the box nor the knives.
Also Check: Kansas City Steak Company Promo Code
Notes On Materials And Construction
If youve spent more than a few minutes researching knives, youve likely run into a bewildering fog of jargon and technical specifications. Heres a quick guide, which applies to steak knives, chefs knives, and everything in between:
The phrase high-carbon steel is basically marketing hype: every steel alloy used to make knives is high-carbon. You can ignore the phrase it if its used, and you neednt worry if its not. Do note, however, that if a knife is listed only as high-carbon or carbon steel, it will easily rust. To be sure your knife is rust-resistant, make sure it is also listed as stainless.
Stainless steel is steel alloyed with at least 12 percent, and usually 14 to 18 percent, chromium. The chromium forms a dense layer on any exposed surface which rapidly oxidizes, preventing oxidation of the steel underneath. There are multiple types of stainless steel, some more corrosion-resistant than others all those used on our recommended knives are high-performing: extremely corrosion-resistant, capable of taking and holding a sharp edge and easy to re-sharpen.
There are thousands of different steel alloysmixtures of iron, carbon, and any of 20 or more other elementseach designed for a different purpose. Knife alloys alone run into the dozens, and the names are alphabet soup: AEB-L, VG-10, 19C27, ZDP-189. My advice is: ignore them all, at least for steak knives. Whatever alloy a good manufacturer chooses will perform perfectly well.
How We Chose Our Winners
We chose our winners by evaluating knives based on the scores they were given for overall performance and looks while taking into account their cost. We wanted to choose sets of steak knives that could work for people who arent looking to spend a lot of money, as well as those who are in the market for something special. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. If youre looking for a hand-crafted steak knife, youre going to need to spend some money.
Without knowing the cost of the knives on display, all but one of the testers stated that they would want to spend less than $200 for a nice gift set of steak knives, and $100 or less on a set for themselves. With that common thread, a clear winner emerged from this test. I have also included the favorites from the high-end steak-knife set options.
Finally, all of the winning steak knives listed below are available with handles in a variety of colors. As with kitchen knives, these steak knives should be washed by hand, and not put in the dishwasher.
You May Like: Where To Buy Baseball Steak
Also Check: Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Mcdonald’s Locations
Best Value: Henckels 8
For a quality brand with a full-size set, this Henckels set with eight serrated steak knives has excellent ratings. The larger serrations cut through any food easily with little force, and the triple-rivet handles ensure a sturdy hold for the long run. For home cooks looking to use a solid set of steak knives without breaking the bank, Henckels tools are a great option and come with a lifetime guarantee, too.
Look For Stainless Steel Blades
Since you want a knife that will be strong and effective, you should pay attention to the material that the blade is made out of. There are different schools of thought on which material is best, but one type is king: steel.
There are tempered blades, carbon blades, and cold steel varieties, among others. Each type presents a different advantage. In any case, a stainless-steel blade is what you should look for.
For a sharp and durable blade, go with cold steel. Some experts prefer high carbon blades because they feel light in your hand for a more enjoyable cutting experience. And others like tempered blades because they are less of a headache to clean.
Most experts agree that you should avoid ceramic blades, which are not as durable. They may be tempting because of the lower price tag, but they wont give you the long-lasting quality you need. Plus, stainless-steel knives are less prone to rusting.
Also Check: Where To Buy Ribeye Cap Steak
You May Like: Omaha Steaks 12 Free Burgers Code
Selecting The Best Steak Knives For Your Kitchen
If youre serving a succulent steak at your dinner table, its only fitting to have the right cutlery to properly enjoy it. This is when a top performance and aesthetically pleasing steak knife of the highest quality comes into play. Looking at any steak knives review, its clear that finding the right set can be a daunting task. With so many options to choose from, its often tricky to narrow down your search. Not only is it important to find a steak knife that works through that tender cut of meat on your plate with ease and precision, but to select one that pairs nicely with your flatware set. When looking for sharp steak knives combining high quality, original design and top-notch performance, Sambonet has a wide range to choose from and is proud to present some of the best steak knives in the market today.
How To Select The Steak Knife Sets Serrated
Making your final decision can pose to be a challenge. But worry not. We have a few suggestions to make your selection process easier.
Before that, we would recommend you opt for sites like Online, Walmart, Newegg, and Best Buy for your purchase.
So the factors you should consider while selecting your steak knife sets serrated would be:
Don’t Miss: Victorinox Swiss Army Steak Knives
Best Non Serrated Steak Knives In 2022
In making this list, I rejected many knives that performed poorly during testing. For example, knives that do not cut steaks precisely, develop rust spots easily, are extremely heavy or bulky, cannot be sharpened easily, and dull quickly.
The main criteria I follow when choosing the best straight edge steak knife set are
- Blades must be precision forged, tapered, remarkably sharp, and hand-sharpened.
- The handle of each knife will be ergonomic, full tang, and easy to clean.
- The knives must be very beautiful to look at and well-made.
- All selected brands must be renowned for providing value-for-money products and proper warranty service to customers.
Super Sharp Premium Steak Knife Non Serrated
- Ultra Sharp- Each knife gets its final sharpening by hand leaving our steak knives as sharp as a damascus steel knife. We use only the highest quality German Stainless Steel that will outlast other chefs knives by a long shot
- The Legendary Chef Promise – We offer a lifetime warantee on all our knives because we are so confident that they will last that long. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply contact us and we’ll take care of it right away
- Stylish Handle- Our ergonomic black walnut, triple riveted handle not only looks great, but feels great in your hand. These steak knife will make a perfect addition to any kitchen table.
- Corrosion Resistant- When well taken care of, our kitchen knives can last a lifetime. These steak knives will maintain a glossy finish and not tarnish or fade after many years of use.
- Wow Your Guests- Impress everyone that picks up these knives when they slice through that steak like butter. Not only do they look great, but function just as well
You May Like: How Long To Cook Steak On Grill
Oaksware Steak Knives Non Serrated Steak Knife Set Of 4 45 Inch German Steel Steak Knife Set 4 Pieces Professional Straight Edge Kitchen Table Dinner Knives
- NON SERRATED STEAK KNIFE SET – Our 4 pieces steak knife equipped with a non serrated straight edge blade, allows a smooth slice on steaks and will not tearing the meat fibres to lock the original flavor and nutrition of the steak. Using our steak knives will enhance your cooking experience and show all your friends that your taste is impeccable.
- CARE – To maintain the sharpness and glossiness of the steak knives, the kitchen knife is Hand Wash Only. Hand washing the steak knife with a soapy cloth under running water after every use, keep it dry and safe.
- PREMIUM GERMAN STEEL – The steak knife set is equipped with high-carbon German steel, which is hand polished and precisely forged by extraordinary quality stainless steel X45CrMoV15 / 1.4116 at 58 HRC to ensure this knife set is more sharp and durable.
- FULL TANG ERGONOMIC HANDLE – Precision forged Full Tang with triple riveted ABS handle with a Fully forged Bolster, which maximizes durability and stress tolerance, making it easier for the user to cut rib-eye steak and tenderloin and better for other kitchen works. Our steak knife set of 4 is also friendly for left-hand people.
- RAZOR SHARP STEAK KNIVES – Incredibly craftsmanship and sharpness, hand-sharpened to 17 degrees per side and expertly heat treated. Straight cuts with 5″ of razor-sharp German steel honed to perfection, cut steaks easily and non-stick, with good balance and feel. The upward curved tip is designed to assist in separating meat from the bone easily.