How Does The Price Compare
They are comparable in price to Omaha Steaks, which isnt something to brag about if you wanted to recommend delicious aged meat thats worth the price. For the level of quality that we received, we think their prices were a bit too much. Yes, you do get a money-back guarantee, and they do an excellent job of honoring it. Thats a plus. But, when you spend a lot of money on meat and steaks, its nice to know you dont need to call or send a mail to the customer service department for an error or refund.
Related Reviews and Comparison Guides:
Butcher Box Review: Is Butcher Box Worth It
Looking for an honest Butcher Box Review? Im sharing one, including if Butcher Box is worth it, what it costs, and what you get with the service!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Clickhere to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in April of 2018.
Weve been using ButcherBox for over 4 years, so were pretty well versed in the service. I love the brand so much I became an affiliate for them!
Im sharing all of tips, info, butcher box reviews and answering all your questions below!
What Happens If Omaha Steaks Beef Jerky Original Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
You May Like: Sam’s Club Philly Cheese Steak Meat
Omaha Steaks Vs Butcherbox
Both ButcherBox and Omaha Steaks are well recognized for their high quality meat and great meal delivery services.
However, many people claim that the two have some subtle differences that make one slightly more advantageous than the other.
We decided to put this claim to the test, and after many hours of research and three-month-long testing, weve gathered a few interesting facts for you.
Lets discuss them below.
Tricks For Cooking Bison
When you veer off the basic barbecue path with bison, you can keep these tips in mind for best success:
- Trim off all visible silver skin and rib membrane
- Other ways to boost moisture include basting, and larding or barding .
Also, the company sends along an insert thet they use to advise you generally of how to treat BISON as well as other leaner game meats they say FIRST cook for one third of the time and temperature of beef and thats maininly referring to the steaks and cuts you will serve rare NOT the ribs and brisket I tried so make that distinction.
One third of the time and that would be the doneness/internal temperature of beef. I think thats hard to understand, but think of it as approximately one third of the doneness temperature of BEEF in degrees. Beef is rare with a red center at 125 degrees Fahrenheit. Beef is Medium at 145.
So for the steaks and cuts like bison tenderloin they suggest
- Rare being 115 degrees F to 120 degrees F
- Medium Rare being 121 to 125 degrees F
- And Medium cooked BISON should have an internal temperature between 126 degrees F and 130 degrees F.
Lastly, remember to Rest bison steaks and roasts as temperature will continue to rise while resting. So you should remove the bison from heat when thermometer registers 5-10Â°F lower than desired doneness.
Read Also: Omaha Steaks Chocolate Lava Cake
Also Check: What Can I Use To Marinate Steak
Only $49 For A $126 Value Package From Omaha Steaks
Find the best deals on Omaha Steaks with these special value packages!
While Omaha steaks is a delicious way to feed your family at any time, its also a great option to fill your home with beef, chicken and seafood when you find the grocery store or grocery delivery services are all out. Make some room in the freezer and grab yourself a deal!
Dont Miss: Where To Get Omaha Steak Gift Cards
Wide Variety Of Choices
This variety doesnt just include different cuts of beef. Some services will sell meat from other animals, as well, so if you prefer pork, lamb, chicken, or turkey, youre likely to find something you like. Some will even offer a selection of fresh seafood, while others might even have a selection of desserts.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook A Healthy Steak
Why Do People Buy Mail
Mail order steaks have been an option for decades, but now you can find more places to buy steak online than ever before. From gift sets to specialty meat and even meat subscriptions like Good Chop, theres no shortage of options. Mail order steaks have acquired a reputation for premium, tender quality, succulent flavors, and unique cuts. Many look to mail-order steaks for gifting or just to enjoy a new type of steak. For those who buy steak at a grocery store, options can be limiting. Even local butchers often have access to a limited variety.
Thus, people order steak online for a few main purposes: for entertaining, for gifting, and for enjoying a type of steak they otherwise would not.
Which Is Better Kansas City Steaks Or Omaha Steaks
During our review, we found that the taste quality of Omaha Steaks was definitely sub-par compared to Kansas City Steaks Company. The steak was slightly less marbled than what we usually had, but it wasnt that bad as we still got the value back for the four-ounce sirloin and ribeye we bought as gifts by delivery.
Read Also: Basic Steak Marinade For Grilling
Also Check: Best High End Steak Knives
A Flexible Service With Affordable Pricing
Porter Road is based out of Kentucky, which is where the company processes its meats. All meat is sourced from pastures in Kentucky, Tennessee and Pennsylvania and free of antibiotics and hormones. Its also dry-aged and hand-cut at Porter Roads own facilities.
For meat delivery, you have a few different options. You can pick and choose the beef, pork, lamb and/or chicken cuts you want, sign up for a subscription or get a curated box with Porter Roads favorites. The company also has bundled boxesincluding a Stay At Home Bundlethat make great gifts for family friends across the country. Most meat, with the exception of sausages, ground beef and large roasts, arrives fresh.
Trim Off The Silverskin
When I cook beef I try not to over trim off the fat but, when cooking bison, you will want to use a sharp knife and get all the excess silver skin and membrane on the top and back of the bone. I, mistakenly, did not remove some of the top layer and I really should have. The white membrane looked like it was a layer of fat so I left it alone. I discovered thats where a lot of the gamey flavor came from. After cooking I was still able to remove the top membrane and it eliminated the stronger flavor.
Nonetheless, I always pull the membrane of the back side of the ribs anyway . Heres my video on how you can pull the rib membrane more easily.
Also, to minimize gamey flavors in wild meats like bison, venison, elk and boar, some hunters also eliminate any excess blood. Other marinades for game meat call for an overnight soak in a buttermilk solution with salt or vinegar, and sugar or other spices as desired.
Read Also: How To Cook Ham Steak
Sale Extended Only $4999 For The Happy Family Banquet
Is this your brand on Milled? .
26 items yours for just $49.99!PLUS4 MOREOmaha Steaks Burgers FREE!
|Happy Family Banquet 46524HED2 Filet Mignons2 Top Sirloins4 Polynesian Pork Chops4 Chicken Fried Steaks12 oz. pkg. All-Beef Meatballs4 Omaha Steaks Burgers4 Gourmet Jumbo Franks16 oz. pkg. Omaha Steakhouse® Fries4 Caramel Apple Tartlets$238.90|
Terms:*Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Standard shipping and handling will be applied. You will receive 4 Omaha Steaks Burgers FREE with your purchase of the Happy Family Banquet #46524. Your Free Burgers must ship with your order. This offer cannot be combined with other offers and is not valid on prior or pending purchases. Limit 2 of each selection at these email exclusive prices. Not available in retail stores. Other restrictions may apply. Offer valid 8/3/18.
You are receiving this email because you are a customer of OmahaSteaks.com, Inc., or have to our email list. To be removed from this list, you may use one of the following options:
Read Also: Zaza Steak And Lemonade Mill Road
Are Omaha Steaks Precooked
The beef experts at Omaha Steaks select tenderloins for exceptional quality, and then theyre aged at least 21 days to maximize the tenderness of the meat. Thanks to being pre-cooked, all you need to do for the perfect beef tenderloin roast is thaw and heat, or you can also enjoy it at room temperature.
Don’t Miss: Nudges Wholesome Dog Treats Steak Grillers 48 Oz
Can You Sear It On The Stove Instead Of The Grill
Yes, absolutely, especially if you use a cast iron skillet. The issue there is that these babies are pretty large with the bone extending out, and a grill has a lot more surface area to ensure you get a good sear. If you decide to go forth and use the stove, be sure you preheat your pan over high heat.
Comparing Their Sourcing Practices
- Only sources clean, high quality meat from family farms that are free from GMOs and hormones.
- From their grass-fed beef to organic chicken to heritage breed pork, all of their products are sustainably sourced and humanely raised.
- For years, they only pick the best butcher shops and farms to be the company’s partners.
You May Like: Ascend Prime Steak And Sushi Menu
About The Kansas City Steaks
- They offer a wide array of meats including American Style Kobe, grass fed, pre-seasoned, USDA prime, and gift options. Their featured cuts of beef include Filet Mignon, Kansas City Strip, Top Sirloin, T-bone, Porterhouse, Ribeye, Beef Tenderloin, Chateaubriand, Prime Rib Roasts, and more.
- They wet age their steaks for up to 28 days, which makes us wonder if they know how long they age their steaks..
- Kansas City Steaks offers meat from their own stock. They offer free-range and grass-fed beef, so customers can customize their order to taste. They offer American Style Kobe and USDA Prime and Choice beef products to ensure their customers receive only the best.
- We found many of their product descriptions omit the grade the beef you are buying.
- Kansas City Steaks offers a full line of other meat products, including pork, chicken, lamb, turkey, lobster, salmon, and crab. They also offer company made extras including appetizers, side dishes, seasonings and sauces, and desserts that have been carefully selected for their customers to enjoy.
- They offer a 45-day unconditional guaranteeon all meat products. This guarantee includes a replacement or refund if a customer is unsatisfied with their product, or if there is a defect. There are three options to provide this guarantee, including refund, replacement, or gift certificate reimbursement to be used with a later purchase.
Ribeye served with Sliced Potatoes and Spinach
What Grocery Store Sells The Best Steak
The best grade of beef is Prime, and organic grass-fed is premium in terms of meat quality, taste & health. Unfortunately prime beef is only available in small quantities to grocers like Wegmans or Whole Foods Market due to low demand due to its premium price. But the best nationwide grocer for steaks is Whole Foods.
Recommended Reading: Steak And Shake Happy Hour
Snake River Farms Top Pick
Snake River Farms is a family-owned business out of Idaho whose meat is used by Michelin-star restaurants.
Luckily for us, they also sell directly to the public via their website.
Their claim to fame is their American Wagyu beef, which comes from crossbreeding imported Wagyu cattle with American Angus.
Their beef is rated higher than USDA Prime .
You can choose from a huge variety of cuts but you cant go wrong ordering the American Wagyu Ribeye fillet, the new york strip or the filet mignon.
They also sell top-quality Wagyu beef brisket and Kurobuta pork.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Steak On Indoor Grill
Omaha Steaks Vs Kansas City Steaks: Price & Value
Meat is not valued by its weight, but by its quality. With that being said, this section of my Omaha Steaks vs Kansas City Steaks review will pit the two brands best-selling products against each other in a head-to-head comparison of their prices.
Here are the costs of the Omaha Steaks products:
- Omaha Steaks Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast: $150 for a 4oz roast or on sale for $300 for 8oz roast
- Omaha Steaks Marinated Salmon Fillets: on sale for $30 for 4 fillets or $60 for 8 fillets, regular price is $60 for 4 fillets and $120 for 8 fillets
- Omaha Steaks Customer Favorites with Free Digital Kitchen Scale: on sale for $141, regular price is $295
Ill keep this section sweet and simple by showing you Kansas City Steaks prices in list form:
- Kansas City Steaks Prime Rib Roast: $156 for a 6lb. roast
- Kansas City Steaks Wild-Caught Sockeye Salmon: $85 for 4 7oz fillets or $125 for 8 7oz fillets
- Kansas City Steaks Tour of Good Taste: currently on sale for $150, regular price is $225
Evidently, neither brand offers a premium price compared to the other. When you take out factors like sales promotions and garnished seasonings, youre getting similar amounts of meat for similar amounts of money.
You May Like: Seasoning To Put On Steak
Omaha Steaks Butchers Deluxe Pack Sale $11999 Free Shipping
Great eats. Omaha Steaks Butchers Deluxe Pack With 4 Free Burgers is available for only $119.99 after Coupon Code: WELCOME, regular $313. High $19.99 shipping. Just a little more shipping if you order extras. Expires Soon Highly rated at 4.8 out of 5 stars. 100% Unconditional Guarantee. Limit 2
Use Code: WELCOME to save an EXTRA $20 on your first order!
Weve ordered from them and can vouch for how yummy this stuff is. A great gift too. Aged 21 days for flavor.
- 4 Butchers Cut Filet Mignons
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
Read Also: Smoking Steaks In A Smoker
Omaha Steaks Company Info
Omaha Steaks was started in 1917 by a father and son who left Riga, Latvia, to escape religious persecution. Today, its operated by the 5th generation of the same family. Each generation of the Simons family has added something new to Omaha Steaks.
For example, the company recently introduced its Steaklover Rewards program. This program gives customers the chance to earn points on purchases, product reviews, and more. If you anticipate ordering from Omaha Steaks often, then you should sign up for the Steaklover Rewards program. Doing so will allow you to save money on future orders.
Shipping is an important thing to consider when purchasing meat online. Omaha Steaks has a somewhat dizzying pricing structure for this. If you purchase one of the companys pre-made bundles, you can have it shipped to your home for free. You can also earn free shipping by becoming a gold member of the Steaklovers Rewards program. Either way, youll get the wagyu beef, Kobe, and other products you want without having to sit on a waitlist.
If you satisfy neither of these criteria, then youll have to pay for shipping. Standard charges range from $17.99 to $21.99 based on your orders subtotal. You can also have your order express or rush-shipped to you for an extra $19.99 or $39.99, respectively. This is relatively expensive compared to many other delivery services.
Kansas City Steak Company Cons
- Its expensive. I found Kansas City Steak Company to be one of the most expensive meat delivery companies weve ordered from.
- The ordering process was a pain. In my opinion, their ordering process is very confusing and almost led to me paying more for items rather than getting the discounted rate.
- The cooking instructions were not that clear. I found the cooking booklet was a bit confusing to read and the section that tells you how to cook the steak doesnt have spacing between the words.
- Im not a fan of the packaging. First, its all styrofoam, which is terrible for the environment. Second, the boxes that hold the food are not cushioned, which led to our brookies dessert getting a little smashed while in transit.
- The flavor of the steaks and some sides could have been better. Especially considering we paid close to $90 for 4 steaks.
You May Like: Seasoning For Ribeye