Roast Pork Steaks With Tomatoes And Pine Nuts
Short on time? Throw this dish together at the last minute for a very satisfying Monday night dinner.
Short on time? Throw this dish together at the last minute for a very satisfying Monday night dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 lean pork loin steaks or chops
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
Don’t forget you can add these ingredients to your Woolworths shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat and cook the pork steaks or chops for 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown. Transfer to a large roasting pan, spaced well apart. Cut the tomatoes in half and scatter over the pork, followed by the pine nuts.
- 3. Season well. Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes until the pork is tender. Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the vinegar and scatter with the fresh basil leaves.
- 4. Spoon the pork, tomatoes and basil onto 4 warm plates. Serve drizzled with a little extra olive oil.
Follow These Steps To Make Some Mouthwatering Succulent Pork Steak:
This should take only about an hour to cook, and so youll have plenty of time to chow down on this delicious dish after youve made it. Just make sure you prepare in advance to marinade the delicious pork chops! Start out by getting a large bowl or a resealable bag. Place 4 pork chops, 5 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 2 pieces of juiced lime or calamansi inside. To let that flavor seep into the meat perfectly, marinate this for a minimum of 1 hour.
Now pour ½ cup of cooking oil into a pan, and let this heat accordingly. Afterwards, place the marinated pork chops inside, and pan-fry them in medium heat. Make sure to switch sides after 3 minutes to cook both parts evenly and nicely. Pan-fry the other side for 3 minutes as well.
Then take out all of your excess oil. Instead, put whats left of your marinade in the pan, as well as 1 ½ cups of water. Wait for this to boil. Then let it simmer for 45 minutes or until your pork chops are perfectly soft and tender. If you notice the water running out, feel free to pour more into the pan.
What Temperature Do You Bake Pork
Baking pork at different temperatures can result in a range of results, from perfectly safe and juicy pork to overcooked and dry meat. Here are four tips for baking pork at various temperatures:
1) Preheat the oven before you start baking. This will help ensure that your pork is cooked through all the way through, which will make it more tender and decrease the risk of it becoming dry or overcooked.2) Bake your pork at a low temperature until it reaches the desired doneness. The lower the temperature, the longer it will take for your pork to reach its target Doneness.3) Once your pork has reached its target doneness, increase the oven temperature to medium-high and continue cooking until its fully cooked.
Also Check: Magic Way Steak And Gyro
What Seasonings Are Best For Pork Chops
Similar to chicken breast, pork is mild in flavor, so you have lots of options for adding flavor. Here are a few suggestions:
- Keep it simple and use salt, pepper, a fresh herb like thyme, and lemon wedges scattered around the pan. This is what weve done in our photos, and the recipe shared below.
- For chili powder based seasoning, we love using a combination of ancho or our homemade chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Combine one teaspoon of everything listed, except use only 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- We love using a blend of brown sugar, grated lemon zest, and smoked paprika for a sweet citrus rub. Use one tablespoon brown sugar, one teaspoon lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- A combination of fresh herbs, Dijon mustard, and lemon is classic.
- Italian seasoning, Zaatar seasoning, and taco seasoning are also excellent.
How Do I Cook The Perfect Pork Steak
Cooking a perfect pork steak is all about following the right steps and using the right ingredients. By following these steps, you can make sure that your pork steak is cooked to perfection. Here are some tips to help you get started:
Also Check: Omaha Steaks Vs Kansas City Steaks
Is It Better To Bake Pork Chops At 350 Or 400
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the best temperature for baking pork chops depends on the size and shape of the chop, as well as how much fat and connective tissue is present. In general, however, 350 degrees Fahrenheit is generally considered to be the ideal temperature for pork chops.
Easy Baked Pork Steak Recipe
The secret behind these oven-baked pork steaks is the delicious marinade, this is about to be the best pork recipe you’ll ever try.
The marinade marries the pork so well and the result is nothing but amazing. Especially for those who enjoy meat in general. The marinade is super easy to make and you’ll probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
In fact, I love this steak marinade so much I made a post about it, but today I will be showing you how to bake pork shoulder steak in the oven like a pro.
This is a simple and straightforward recipe, you make the marinade, pour it over the luscious marbled pork steak, marinade for a few minutes then bake in the oven until tender, juicy, and caramelized.
I can guarantee you will be licking your fingers and plate clean when this thing is done.
Don’t Miss: Chicago Steak Company Free Shipping
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
It is very easy to mess with pork meat, it is lean meat so it can be easily overcooked, bland, flavourless or even dry. That is not the case with this pork chop recipe and it is one of my preferred way of cooking it.
I cant get enough of honey garlic sauce, it is a versatile sauce that goes well with chicken, fish like my honey garlic salmon or steak bites. I will share my chicken version with you soon but for now, let me show you how to make the best honey garlic pork chops.
Notes About Baked Pork Steak Dinner With Potatoes:
- Use more pork steaks, potatoes and carrots for bigger family or less for a small family.
- Pork chops could be swapped in for pork steak.
- The browning step could be omitted, if desired.
- Use all potatoes or all carrots instead of a combination, if desired.
- Substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery for cream of chicken, if needed.
- Check the doneness of the vegetables by sticking with a fork or knife.
- Dont walk away from the oven during the broiling step. The sugar in the tomato soup could burn if you leave it too long.
- Let the oven baked pork steak casserole sit for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Check out our for pantry essentials and kitchen gadgets.
Also Check: Chipotle Southwest Steak And Cheese Wrap Price
Here Are A Few Substitutes You Can Use For Your Pork Steak:
In the place of pork chop:
While the ingredient pork proves its value to the dish in being part of its name, we can still find ways to do without it. After all, we can still get our protein in other ingredients, and cut down on calories and saturated fat without pork chops. For those in vegan or vegetarian diets, you can try making your own rendition of Pork Steak with tofu. Because of its more neutral flavor, the spices and seasonings that come with this recipe go perfectly with it. Some specific tofu choices that work best as pork alternatives are mixed tofu, wheat gluten and soy protein isolates.
And one of the most ideal substitutes for this ingredient is Tempeh. This is a frozen good made of grains or fermented soybeans. This is famous for working amazingly with stir-fries. But it can also be very delicious with our flavorful marinade, and has a great dry texture that likens it to pork.
In the place of soy sauce:
An essential tastemaker in most dishes, soy sauce can be truly difficult to go without. Its distinct umami taste provides depth to most stews, and is versatile almost to a fault. Because what would you do when you run out of it? Fortunately, there are a couple of alternatives you can look at if youve run out of your supply of soy sauce!
In the place of calamansi:
How To Make The Best Pork Steak Marinade
To a jar add soy sauce, honey, olive oil, dried parsley, paprika, fennel seeds, minced garlic, black pepper, and a pinch of salt. Place the lid on the jar and close tightly then give it a good shake to combine.
Transfer the pork steaks to a large mixing bowl then pour the marinade over it, give it a good mix so that all the steak is well coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 24 hours
Bring the pork out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking so it comes to room temperature, this will help it cook evenly.
Read Also: Steak N Shake Clarksville In
How To Guide: Pork Steaks
Pork steaks tick all the boxes: affordable, tasty and fun to cook with. Whether they’re coated in breadcrumbs, with sauces or on their own with a bit of seasoning, pork steaks always deliver on taste.
Pork steaks are a staple in many different cultures and cuisines for good reason. However, to make the most of pork steaks, you need to know a few major things, namely:
- How to buy pork steaks
- How to store pork steaks
- How to cook pork steak
- Pork steak recipes
We’ve compiled all you need to know below.
How to buy pork steaks
There are different types of pork steaks. Popular choices are: pork shoulder steaks from the shoulder of the pig, pork loin steaks from the loin and pork escalope from the leg.
Typically, a good pork steak is lean with a little fat on the outside to enhance flavour. If youre after an extra lean steak then pork loin medallions would be a good cut for you to try. Medallions come from the loin too but have had all the fat removed.
At the supermarket you will have the option of buying thick or thinner pork steaks. A thicker cut steak will take a little longer to cook but will retain its succulence more than a thinner cut steak. If youre planning to have a stir-fry or to bread crumb your steak, then thinner cut steaks are ideal as they will cook quicker.
When buying pork you can also look for the Red Tractor logo. Red Tractor is an assurance scheme available to inform consumer choice.
Serving sizes: How many pork steaks should you buy?
How To Make Pork Steaks
Pork steaks are a delicious option to chicken, ribs, and steak. They are easy to make, but the trick is to make sure they are cooked just right. The key is to bake pork steaks at the right temperature, which is 165 degrees F. If you try to cook them at too low of a temperature, then the meat will be too chewy. If you try to cook them at too high a temperature, then they will be well done. To help you achieve the perfect amount of doneness, simply follow the directions below.
Don’t Miss: Where Can You Buy Wagyu Steaks
Should You Cover Steak With Foil In The Oven
There are a few reasons why you might want to cover your steak in foil when cooking it in the oven. First, if you dont cover the steak, oxygen will start to escape and it will start to turn into a disaster on the grill or stove top.
Second, over time, foil can release all of that delicious smoke that comes from grilling or smoking meat. Lastly, if you have any kind of flare-ups with your oven like sticking appliances or strange noises coming out of it, COVER YOUR STEAK!
Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Learn how to cook pork chops in the oven perfectly at all time with this easy oven baked pork chops recipe. I used bone-in pork chops to make this amazingly juicy and flavourful recipe but you can also use boneless cut if that is what you have. This recipe uses the most basic pantry ingredients, very affordable and ready in no time.
Also Check: Omaha Steaks Jobs Work From Home
What Temperature Do You Slow Cook A Steak In The Oven
There are many different temperature settings that can be used when slow cooking a steak in the oven. This can vary depending on the type of steak being slow cooked, as well as theTemperature you plan to cook it at.
Here are three temperature settings that are common for slow cooking meat: 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can Pork Steak Be A Little Pink
Pork steak can sometimes be a little pink, but this doesnt mean its bad. In fact, some people find that pork steak is really tasty with a little pink in it.
There are many reasons why pork steak might be a little pink, but one of the most common reasons is because of the processing method used to make it.
Read Also: Mr Steak 5 Burner Grill
Ingredients For Baked Pork Steak
- Pork steak.We used large, about 3/4 inch thick pork steaks. Three had a small cross section of pork shoulder blade and one was completely boneless. Smaller, entirely boneless cuts work great too as well as thicker cuts .
- . The particular version we use in this recipe requires:
- apple cider vinegar
- dark brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Why You’ll Love These Baked Pork Chops
- 100% juicy pork chops. truth!
- With these chops, in just over 20 minutes you can be sitting down to a healthy and delicious dinner.
- The easy spice rub, made with spices you probably have in your pantry right now, makes the chops taste amazing.
- Pork chops are a budget-friendly protein option. Knowing how to cook them so they don’t dry out will make your dinners less expensive and more delicious.
- Easily made with bone-in or boneless pork chops. Choose whichever you like best!
- The pork chops create their own bit of sauce which you can spoon over the veggies on your plate. It’s delicious.
- They are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and a healthy dinner recipe!
Don’t Miss: Omaha Steaks Price Per Pound
How Long Should I Cook Pork Steaks
When it comes to cooking pork, were often focused on when we should grill it or when we should roast it. But, in this article were going to discuss how long we should cook pork steaks. First, lets talk about the definition of pork. Pork is often used to refer to the section of a pig where the shoulders, loins, and hams are found. Pork is a popular meat because its low in fat and high in protein. Pork is also a good source of iron and zinc. Pork is commonly used in the United States, but its also popular in many other countries. In fact, pork is the most popular red meat in South America. To make pork, we start by removing the back half of the pig. This is where the loin and the ham are found. Then, we cut the loin and the ham into slices and remove the fat. In the end, we have pork steaks that are ready for cooking.
Why You Will Love This Pork Chops Recipe
- Apart from the fact that this recipe is affordable, it is super quick and easy to make too. This is a simple 30 minutes meal the whole family would enjoy.
- You do not need to marinate this pork chops before cooking it and trust me, you will not be disappointed with the outcome. The flavours in it are so good, I can tell you how delicious the pan sauce is. It makes a great pork gravy too.
- with this recipe, you wont have to worry about your pork drying out or turning out bland as I will walk you through how to perfectly cook pork chops in the oven with tips on how to get it right at all times
- This recipe can be made into sheet pan meal, i.e. you can bake the pork chops along with vegetables or potatoes in the oven using one baking tray. I did that with this one pan chicken dinner recipe.
- The spices used to season the pork are pantry staples and you also make it your own, mild spicy, pick your side.
- This recipe is gluten free and can be made paleo or keto too.
You May Like: Best Way To Cook Bison Steak