Wsthof Classic Steak Knife Set 4
- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- WÃSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES â 4 Piece Steak Knife Set with triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. recision Forged High-Carbon Stainless Steel
- RAZOR SHARP â High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely cut with the latest state of the art technology for incredible sharpness and easy maintenance. WÃSTHOF kitchen knives are Hand Wash Only
- WÃSTHOF STEAK KNIFE SET â Includes four 4 1/2″ Steak Knives. WÃSTHOF Steak Knives have a straight clean edge that glide through beef like butter without shredding or damaging the meat
- DURABLE â WÃSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION â Family owned for seven generations, WÃSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÃSTHOFâs cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
Upgrade Pick: Wsthof Classic Ikon Set
*At the time of publishing, the price was $300.
Our testers all favored the Ikon’s classic understated elegance.
The Wüsthof Classic Ikon steak knives arent cheap, but they are the cheapest of the three high-end sets that we tested. With little to distinguish between the high-end sets on performancewhich was universally exceptionalaesthetics played the largest role in this pick, and our testers all favored the Ikon’s classic, understated elegance. Their razor-sharp blades have the ideal upswept shape. The unique double-concave curves of their satiny black POM handles fit the hand wonderfully both our smallest and our largest tester found them the most comfortable to hold of all the knives we tested. Their full-tang construction adds strength and, at 77 grams/2.6 ounces, pleasing heft. Lastly, their construction is flawlessas it should be for the price. Because in truth, its the flawless fit-and-finish, more than anything else, that separates an exceptional luxury steak knife from a really great mid-priced oneand that you pay for.
One criticism: the Ikons come in a simple, clear plastic box. Its sturdy enough to use for knife storage but left us wishing for something more distinguished-looking, particularly if the knives are intended to be a gift. For about $100 more, the blackwood-handled Ikon steak knives come in a walnut case its unfortunate that this is not an option for the standard model.
Why You Should Trust Us
Ive been cooking for myself and for crowds since I left high school between that and various stints in construction and landscaping, Ive come to appreciate well-made, well-designed hand toolsincluding knives. And having wasted money on crummy, expensive knives more than once when I was younger, I have a particular regard for knives that truly justify their price .
For my own needs and as a journalist, Ive researched deeply into knife-making materials, knife design, and knife performance over the years Mark Richmond, owner of Chef Knives to Go, has been particularly helpful on several occasions. Our 2015 guide, researched and written by Wirecutter deputy editor Christine Cyr Clisset, produced a wealth of information also incorporated here. Christine gathered reviews from Americas Test Kitchen , Saveur, and Serious Eats she learned about knife styles and materials from Dexter Ewing of BLADE magazine and Howard Nourieli of Bowery Kitchen Supplies and she spoke to Rick Gresh, then the executive chef at David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago for practical advice on steak knife performance and care.
Finally, weve now tested 15 different steak knives on 16 pounds of beef in two real-world test sessions, involving a dozen Wirecutter staffers and friends. If theres a question about steak knives, however obscure, weve asked it and found the answer.
Read Also: Pee Dee Steak House On 125
Dalstrong Steak Knives Set
- The NEW Standard in Steak Knives: Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and
- Incredibly sharp, full-tang, imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German steel, with perfectly engineered serrations at
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury black pakkawood handle is
The DALSTRONG Steak Knives Set is another top-of-the-line set on our list of the best steak knives. Featuring outstanding craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology, these steak knives are not only sleek and stylish but are also high-performing and durable. They are constructed with imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German steel for durability that lasts.Whats more, they are serrated at 14 to 16 degrees per side and expertly treated with heat for precision cutting. In addition, these knives feature an award-winning design with a black Pakka wood handle that is triple riveted for added comfort and greater maneuverability. Finally, these knives are heated at 56+ Rockwell hardness for a toughness unmatched in other steak knives. The best part is, this set is backed by DALSTRONGs 100% satisfaction or money-back guarantee.
- Not sharp enough for some users
- Blades scratch easily for some users
- Too big for some users
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Find answers in product info, Q& As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you’ve entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This set contains four 4 1/2″ Steak Knives.
Don’t Miss: Country Fried Steak Sam’s Club
Compare With Similar Items
|This item Wusthof Gourmet Four 4-Piece German Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Steak Knife Set â Model 9729|
|4.7 out of 5 stars||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.8 out of 5 stars||4.7 out of 5 stars|
|12.8 x 0.8 x 1.4 inches||6.5 x 5.5 x 1 inches||9.45 x 1.18 x 0.4 inches||11.25 x 6.63 x 1.63 inches|
Cutco’s Steak Knife Is The Real Deal
Impressive in size and heft, the thickest steak on the menu is no match for the sharp, Double-D®-edge blade, full tang and triple-riveted handle. This knife will leave competitors trailing far behind. American made and, as you would expect from Cutco, guaranteed forever.
- Exclusive Double-D® edgeThe Double-D® edge provides a clean, smooth cut every time and stays sharp longer than straight-edge knives. Can be factory sharpened.
- Ergonomic handleUniversal fit for large or small, left or right hands. Thumb and forefinger lock into place for safety and control. Fatigue-resistant design.
- This set includes
Read Also: Mcdonalds Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Recipe
Wusthof 9729 Gourmet 4
|Item dimensions L x W x H||32.5 x 2 x 3.6 centimeters|
- WÃ¼sthof GOURMET laser-cut knives are crafted in the companyâs factory in Germany
- Well-balanced and durable, WÃ¼sthof GOURMET knives are made of high-carbon stainless steel.
- WÃ¼sthof GOURMET knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material â Polyoxymethylene (POM
- Polyoxymethylene â which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration
- The WÃ¼sthof Four Piece Steak Knife Set includes four 4 1/2″ Steak Knives.
There is a newer model of this item:
Utopia Kitchen 8 Pieces Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set
- Eight pieces stainless steel 4.5-Inch knife blade is made from 420 grade 3Cr14 stainless steel the following formula is
- Stainless steel blades are tarnish-resistant, rust-resistant, and easy to clean
- The 4.5-Inch steak knife is a solid one piece stainless steel design therefore, you dont have to worry about the
The Utopia Kitchen 8 Pieces Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set is a professional-grade set of steak knives featuring 4.5-inch blades made out of 420 grade 3Cr14 stainless steel materials. These high-performing knives definitely deserve a spot on our list of the best steak knives. They feature tarnish-resistant, rust-resistant blades for added durability you can rely on. Whats more is the knives feature a one-piece design, which means that they are completely safe for dishwashers. Finally, these knives feature a micro-serrated edge designed to minimize the need for re-sharpening.
- Well balanced even weight distribution
- Produced rust spots for some users
- Serrations are only on one side of the blade
You May Like: Seasonings For Ribeye Steak
Our Pick: Messermeister Avanta Pakkawood Set
The Messermeister Avanta Pakkawood steak knife set was our clear winner. No other knives came close to matching their combination of performance, price, and quality of construction. Their blade-edges are well-formed, smooth, and extremely sharp they cut even the toughest steaks as well as knives we tested that cost five times as much, which cant be said for most others in their price range. Their handles are finished with pakkawood, a durable resin-impregnated natural wood usually only found on more expensive knives. And unlike any other knives we found at the price, they feature full-tang construction: A single piece of steel forms the blade, bolsters, and handle. This adds strength , balance, and heft. The latter is an aesthetic concern, but an important one: 2015’s test revealed that a knife weight of around 80 grams feels just right in the hand. The Messermeisters weigh 89 gramspleasantly robust, and significantly nicer to hold than the lightweight knives typical at this price.
No other knives came close to matching their combination of performance, price, and quality of construction.
Also unique to the Messermeisters price range, their handles are finished with pakkawoodan industry term for resin-impregnated natural woodinstead of the more-common cheap plastic or unfinished wood. Pakkawood is strong, durable, and stablebasically, it doesnt absorb water or dry out and expand or shrink accordinglybut retains the rich and variegated look of natural wood.
Buying Guide For Best Steak Knife Sets
Whether youre a carnivore at heart or a casual chef with a taste for the finer things in life, you probably appreciate a basic principle of cooking and grilling: sharp is much better than dull. When it comes to purchasing a new steak knife set, its important to choose a set that will arrive ready to work, yet look beautiful resting in a knife block on your kitchen counter.
Cutting with a poor-quality knife or one that isnt suited to the task at hand is not only frustrating, it can be dangerous. A paring knife is far too flimsy to cut through dense layers of meat and fat it can bend or slip. Likewise, the handle of a table knife isnt designed to provide leverage for slicing easily through a thick cut of meat. A high-quality steak knife does its job safely, making your cooking and dining experiences much more enjoyable.
The shopping guide below will help you make the best decision possible when purchasing a steak knife set youll enjoy for years to come.
Read Also: Omaha Steaks Delivery Tracking
Avanta Stainless 4 Piece Fine Edge Steak Knife Set
The Avanta Stainless Steel Fine Edge Steak Knife is high quality and affordable. These blades are crafted from high quality German steel, which gives you a knife that is sharp, rust resistant, and is easy to maintain. The bolster along with the full tang gives the knives great balance and heft. The 5 blade with a curved tip enables effortless slicing through steaks.
- Country of Origin: Blade steel-Germany Assembly-China
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent
- Rinse and dry immediately
- Do not place in dishwasher
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts
The Knife for Life guarantee provides a warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
Trudeau Laguiole Steak Knives With Pakkawood Handles
- Set of 6 steak knives featuring serrated 30CR13 stainless steel full tang blades
- Razor sharpness cuts through steaks without added pressure retaining flavorful juices
- Handles are hand-stamped and are made in gorgeous Pakkawood
The Trudeau Laguiole Steak Knives with Pakkawood Handles is a beautiful set of six steak knives featuring stainless steel full-tang blades. As another top-quality product on our list of the best steak knives, this set features razor-sharp blades that are capable of cutting through even the toughest meats. The handles are built with moisture-resistant, sturdy Pakka wood for greater comfort and grip. Finally, this set comes in a handsome gift box, making it the perfect gift for any steak lover.
- Too heavy for some users
- Produced rust spots for some users
Don’t Miss: Sam’s Club Philly Cheese Steak
Also Great: Opinel No 125 Bon Appetit Set
Several testers diverged from the pack on steak knife aesthetics, preferring something with cleaner, modern lines instead of the traditional look. If that also describes you, the Opinel No. 125 Bon Appetit Set, which used to be called the South Spirit, is our recommendation. The Opinel blades are noticeably less sharp than the Messermeister and Wüsthof, but they still cut our tough test-steaks neatly and efficiently. The beautiful handles are made of olivewood, which, in addition to being pretty, is naturally water-resistant .
The Opinels underperform noticeably in one category: weight. At just 35 gramsbarely more than an ouncethey feel insubstantial in the hand. They also come in a simple cardboard case that wont last long in your silverware drawer youd want to store it somewhere less trafficked like a high shelf. But on looks and performance, theyre winners at the price. Lastly, if youre looking for something to brighten your table, Opinel makes a version of this knife set thats fitted with colored hornbeam-wood handles. You can also buy the knives open stock if you want to build your own set in different colors.
Budget Pick: Chicago Cutlerys Walnut Tradition Set
*At the time of publishing, the price was $30.
Chicago Cutlerys Walnut Tradition steak knife set is the best low-cost set out there. The knives are not perfect by any metric: the blade-edges are coarse and uneven at 60 grams/2 ounces, theyre a bit lighter than wed like and the fit-and-finish is indifferent. In fact, they appear just to be industrial-grade boning knives with steak knife handles slapped on. Put it this way: if the Messermeisters give you more than you pay for aesthetically, these give you exactly what you pay for, and not a penny more.
They work far better than the serrated blades you usually have to settle for at this price.
But theyre built to last and they work perfectly welland, more importantly, they work far better than the serrated blades you usually have to settle for at this price. Theyre a great choice for outfitting a crowd, taking along on country picnics, or while car camping. Not fancy, perfectly functional, and if you lose one, youll shed no tears.
Read Also: Canada Steak Burger In Chula Vista
Ja Henckels International Stainless Steel 8
- Durable, corrosion resistant, stainless steel blades and handles
- 1 piece construction with Full tang
- Serrated cutting edge never needs sharpening
The J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set is another top-quality product on our list of the best steak knives. This set features durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel blades and handles that are fully dishwasher-safe. In addition, these knives feature one-piece construction with a full tang for added durability. The sleek design is ideal for cutting through even the toughest meats, as they feature serrated cutting edges that dont require re-sharpening, ever. Finally, this set is backed with a lifetime warranty for guaranteed durability and lasting functionality you can depend on.
Wusthof 9731 Classic 4
|Item dimensions L x W x H||26.7 x 14.2 x 2.5 centimeters|
- Four steak knives with 4-1/2-inch blades ideal for meat slicing
- Forged high-carbon stainless-steel blades, hand-honed for razor-like sharpness
- Traditional-style composition handles are triple-riveted for strength. These dishwasher-safe knives each are made from one piece of steel, so you can use them as often as you like, and you won’t end up with a wobbly handle.
- Dishwasher-safe. Forged from 1 piece of steel for maximum strength.
- Lifetime guarantee
There is a newer model of this item:
|26.67 x 14.22 x 2.54 cm 317.51 Grams|
|4.8 out of 5 stars|
|Best Sellers Rank|
Don’t Miss: Mcdonald’s Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Nutrition
Custom 4 Piece Steak Knife Set
The Messermeister Custom 5 Steak Knife has a fine edge to effortlessly trim and cut meat without tearing. This slim and compact design is elegantly styled to look great with any place setting.
- Modular in design, so that you can personalize your handle to make your favorite knife one-of-a-kind.
- The cold rolled X50 German stainless steel blades are heat treated to achieve 58 Rockwell hardness.
- A revolutionary ceramic stonewash finish allows for smoother cutting and increased stain resistance.
- The 3-step hand stropped 15° edge on this blade is sharp, efficient and resilient.
- The Custom base model handle is precison milled from an incredibly tough material made of reclaimed canvas and natural non-phenolic resin. It has a natural subtle texture for a more secure grip.
- The new handle design has a ramped bolster for improved grip ergonomics, and it is cambered for optimal control.
- The interchangeable torx rivets are titanium coated with a brass color and a contrasting silver collar set.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of inch Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts
Notes On Materials And Construction
If youve spent more than a few minutes researching knives, youve likely run into a bewildering fog of jargon and technical specifications. Heres a quick guide, which applies to steak knives, chefs knives, and everything in between:
The phrase high-carbon steel is basically marketing hype: every steel alloy used to make knives is high-carbon. You can ignore the phrase it if its used, and you neednt worry if its not. Do note, however, that if a knife is listed only as high-carbon or carbon steel, it will easily rust. To be sure your knife is rust-resistant, make sure it is also listed as stainless.
Stainless steel is steel alloyed with at least 12 percent, and usually 14 to 18 percent, chromium. The chromium forms a dense layer on any exposed surface which rapidly oxidizes, preventing oxidation of the steel underneath. There are multiple types of stainless steel, some more corrosion-resistant than others all those used on our recommended knives are high-performing: extremely corrosion-resistant, capable of taking and holding a sharp edge and easy to re-sharpen.
There are thousands of different steel alloysmixtures of iron, carbon, and any of 20 or more other elementseach designed for a different purpose. Knife alloys alone run into the dozens, and the names are alphabet soup: AEB-L, VG-10, 19C27, ZDP-189. My advice is: ignore them all, at least for steak knives. Whatever alloy a good manufacturer chooses will perform perfectly well.
Also Check: Steak Of The Month Club Butchers Market