Better Than The Freezer Aisle: Copycat Jimmy Dean Sausage Breakfast Bowl
In search of an easy breakfast option? This sausage breakfast bowl has a shorter list of ingredients and a more enticing flavor than its freezer aisle counterpart. Plus its only half the cost!
- 2 cups Hashed Brown Potatoes, Diced, Frozen
- 6 individual Egg
- ¾ cups cook Sausage, Breakfast
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Freeze For Later Cooking Day Directions
These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later .
Instructions For Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
Start by tossing your potatoes with a little olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper your potatoes.
Tip: If you want a shortcut you can totally buy refrigerated or frozen hash browns. I wouldnt blame you one bit.
Once the potatoes are cooked, add them to your meal prep containers. You dont need fancy containers, you can use whatever you have.
Then, cook your breakfast sausage and any veggies youd like. In this recipe I use onion and green pepper.
Distribute throughout the containers.
Are you sensing a theme here?
Scramble your eggs, then.you guessed it! Add a portion to each container.
Top with cheese. Lots of it!
Allow to cool slightly, cover and refrigerate.
Viola! You are set with breakfast!
Make It Now Cooking Directions
These directions are for cooking this recipe to serve immediately and NOT to freeze for later.
Hot Breakfast Bowls Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links that wont change your price but will share some commission.
This Hot Breakfast Bowls Recipe is a Jimmy Dean copycat thats budget-friendly, lower in sodium, and without additional preservatives.
I came up with it because my teenaged son loves a hearty, hot breakfast on school mornings. Im not a fan of getting up early to cook, though. So, I wanted to come up with something convenient, which he could microwave and eat in a bowl. I wanted it to be cost-effective, too.
This recipe fits all of our requirements. In under an hour on the weekend, I can make enough to last an entire month. In just two minutes each morning, my son can heat a breakfast that keeps him full until lunch. Were both happy!
Don’t Miss: Omaha Steaks In Store Specials
Make These Sausage And Egg Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls are bursting with wholesome ingredients to jump start your day. Make a batch of this sausage breakfast recipe as part of your weekly meal prep, as a freezer-meal, or as a make ahead breakfast on the go.
Think of these as a version of homemade Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls, you know the kind you can buy at the grocery store. If Jimmy Dean can make a reheated breakfast look good, then so can you!
First, Im gonna share a secret here. Im not a morning person. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
If the sun could hold off until about 9 AM that would be perfectly fine with me. Oh, and set up an IV drip of coffee while youre at it, please and thank you!
But really, who am I kidding? We have four kids. Enough said, am I right???
So at our house, we try whenever possible to opt for breakfast meal prep. I mean, if we have a DIY breakfast already made, thats winning!
How Do You Freeze And Reheat Eggs
Come morning time, you can grab a ready to eat meal, reheat it in the microwave for a minute or two and have a hot breakfast. Its magical!
If you have extras, or make a double batch, theyre freezer friendly, too! Simply put them in the freezer and thaw the night before or defrost and reheat in the morning.
To reheat from refrigerated, microwave for 30-60 seconds.
To reheat from frozen, defrost for 1-2 minutes, then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until heated through.
Can you meal prep eggs?
- Scramble and refrigerate or freeze them like we did in this recipe
- Make hardboiled eggs and refrigerate for the week
- Meal prep with my oven baked egg recipe and refrigerate or freeze for meal prep
Read Also: Larry’s Steaks Menu Rising Sun
What Happens If Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl Steak & Eggs Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Costs Less Than Jimmy Dean
When we were grocery shopping one day, my son saw some Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls on sale, so I bought four. That week, he made breakfast every day without help from me, and we both loved it.
Then the deal ended. When I went to buy more, I discovered they cost $2.69 per bowl. Thats crazy! I can get a dozen eggs for around that price, I realized. A dozen not just one meal.
Jimmy Deans hot breakfast bowls didnt seem complicated, so I decided to make a copycat recipe. If youre a fan of those convenient meals, but not happy with their price, give this recipe a try.
- Meal-prep style, so its all made in one go
- Freezable, so theres no rush to eat it
- Much more budget-friendly
- A filling combination of proteins and carbs
- Ready to eat in minutes
Recommended Reading: Zwilling Twin Gourmet Steak Knives 8 Piece Riveted Set
Make Ahead Breakfast Bowl Ideas
Think of this recipe as a roadmap take your favorite route own to suit your tastes!
There are many possibilities to change up these breakfast bowls! You can use ham, turkey sausage or bacon, mozzarella or pepper jack cheese.
Want a southwestern flair? Try adding some pico de gallo and diced avocado just before serving. Ooooh, and you could add tortillas!
Add tons of veggies to ensure your make ahead breakfast bowls are healthy!
Make a batch of this quick and easy sausage bowl breakfast recipe to stock your fridge to the week or make ahead breakfast recipes to freeze.
And for my farm friends, why not serve these up as a field meal? You can only eat so many sandwiches, you know?
Other make ahead breakfast recipes with eggs youll love:
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Steak On George Foreman Grill