To Cook Beef Kabobs In Oven
Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the kabobs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook them for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the internal temperature of the steak, is 135°F for medium-rare, 145°F for medium, 150°F for medium-well.
To seal in the juices and give that crisp grilled exterior I love to broil them for 3-5 minutes per side! This step is optional but provides great flavor. If broiling, slightly undercook the beef shish kabobs so that they dont overcook while broiling!
What Size Kabobs Skewers Fit In An Air Fryer
Its important to check before you begin that the skewers youre using actually fit inside of your air fryer. We find 6-inch and 8-inch Skewers fit best in most air fryers. I suggest measuring the air fryer before ordering to be safe but you can not go wrong with the 6-inch as they are very short. If they do not fit thats more than fine you can just add the meat and veggies to the air fryer instead.
How Do You Make Shish Kabobs
A great shish kabob is flavored with a fabulous marinade. First make a marinade with soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings. Place cubes of steak in the marinade and let them soak up all the flavors for at least an hour. Skewer the marinated steak with peppers and onions and the kabobs are ready to go on the grill. Grill the kabobs until the steak is cooked through and the veggies are slightly tender. Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Steak To Bbq
Tips For The Best Beef Kabobs
Watch How To Make Another Delicious Grilled Recipe Here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good grilled chicken recipe, but this Grilled Lemon Chicken is so tender and juicy. Its also incredibly easy to throw together. Watch how to make this simple grilled chicken dish, here:
You May Like: Best Steak On Gas Grill
How To Cook Shish Kabob
It is so easy to overcook beef shish kabob, so we’ve learned!
But back to the choice of meat as they say, tender meat, high heat! And make it quick!
Of course, grilling time will vary depending on choice of meat, size and thickness of the pieces, and how well you like your meat cooked.
I used fillet mingon here, cut into 1 ½-inch to 2-inch cubes. Because we like our kabobs medium, it took about 8 minutes in total to grill.
How To Make Steak Kabobs
Now for the fun part! These kabobs grill quickly and youll have a delicious dinner on the table in no time.
- Thread the marinated steak onto skewers, alternating between the meat, bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion. Leave just a bit of space between the pieces so they can cook evenly on the grill.
- Feel free to mix up the veggies. Zucchini, yellow squash, green peppers, or cherry tomatoes would be good too!
- Brush a little remaining marinade onto the meat and veggies for extra flavor and then discard any remaining marinade.
- Preheat a clean grill to high heat.
- Grill the kabobs for 8-10 minutes, giving them a little turn every couple minutes. Dont overcook, you want the steak to be nice and juicy!
- Once theyre just right use tongs to pull them off the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Also Check: Michael Mina Strip Steak Miami Menu
Tips For The Best Beef Kebabs
A few tips that will help ensure your kebabs turn out well:
- Use double skewers to make them easier to turn.
- Use bamboo or wooden skewers so that the inside of the steak pieces stay nice and pink.
- Keep a little space between the items , so that the food grills versus steams.
- Most important, keep an eye on them! Do a finger test for doneness, or if the grill is too hot, tap the meat with the end of your tongs to see how much it is giving. The meat and veggies will continue to cook a little once you’ve taken them off the grill and they are resting, so keep that in mind.
The Keys To A Steak Shish Kabob Recipe
When making a shish kabob, I find top sirloin to be the best choice as its both flavorful and juicy, but sirloin tips, strip steak, and even chuck steak also work well.
The next step in any good steak shish kabob recipe is to select vibrantly colored vegetables. You can pick from a variety of summer vegetablescorn, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell peppers are some of my favorites. Other options I love include pineapple, onions , cooked baby potatoes, and Brussel sprouts.
Now, some folks would argue that you should never, ever mix your meats with your fruits and veggies on the same skewer. I tend to agree with this when you are cooking something like shrimp with beef or chicken. Shrimp cooks significantly quicker than the aforementioned meats and would end up char-broiled. Also, if I am cooking with fruit like pineapple, I would more than likely not layer it on the same skewer as the meats.
But for aesthetics purposes, there is nothing as eye-catching and mouth-watering as seeing a rainbow of colors being grilled together over an open flame. The key is to cut the individual ingredients to allow similar cook times rather than the same size.
RELATED:Ditch the Glucosamine for Joint Issues. Try These 3 Must-Have Joint Nutrients Instead
I also may or may not want to marinate the veggies in the same flavors as the meats. To each their own, though. It will taste good if you marinate your ingredients on the skewers.
You May Like: How To Cook Steak On Grill
How To Make Shish Kabobs
There are a few things you have to get right to grill the perfect Shish Kabobs, and it all starts with the prep work.
Since you are cooking different types of food simultaneously, you must try to be as precise as possible when it comes to your knifework. Stick to the suggested sizes for each ingredient. Doing this will help ensure that everything cooks at approximately the same time.
Overmarinading meat can turn it to mush, so overnight is probably as long as you want to allow anything to sit. But there really is no need to let it soak for even that long. Marinating for 20 minutes is just fine.
When you are threading a piece of food onto the skewer, make sure its secure and wont flop around. For longer strips of meat, make an S shape, so the skewer passes through the meat three times. Turn the shrimp on its side so you can pierce it twice. Give ingredients a little space to let them cook thoroughly.
Unlike steaks and hamburgers that you only want to flip once, you should rotate the Shish Kabobs every 2 minutes. The total cooking time is about 8 to 10 minutes.
How To Make Indoor Kabobs
I dont know what I was thinking. I asked my older daughter what she wanted for dinner.
Mmm-kay. Well, weve done grilled, pan-fried, standing rib, prime rib. How many more ways are there to do steak? Ooh, kabobs. But its January. And the weather totally sucks. I guess Ill have to do them under the broiler.
What, you didnt know that anything you can do on a grill you can do under the broiler? Well now you know.
Recommended Reading: Organic Ribeye Steak Price Per Pound
How Long Do You Cook Beef Shish Kabobs On The Grill
You’ll notice that I separated my beef and vegetables onto individual skewers, rather than alternating all of the ingredients together on the same skewers. This is because the different ingredients need different amounts of time to cook, so it gives you more control over when you pull them off of the grill .
The beef skewers cook on the grill, under the broiler, or on a stovetop grill pan for a total of about 16-20 minutes . The tomato skewers will cook much faster, while the peppers and onions may need a few minutes longer. Just keep an eye on your kabobs and pull each skewer off when it’s done to your liking.
You might enjoy the beef shish kabobs on their own as a complete meal, or you may prefer an additional side. I would suggest serving the kabobs with rice, over cauliflower rice, or simply with a loaf of fresh, crusty French bread.
If you want to get even fancier, try stuffing the beef shish kabobs in big fluffy pitas and garnishing them with Tzatziki sauce. Mmmmm.…you won’t regret that decision!
If youve tried these Beef Shish Kabobs or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then dont forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can follow me on , on , on , and on !
What Cut Of Steak Would Work Best For This Recipe
I love all steaks. I dont know if there has been a cut of steak I have met, and didnt love. However, some cuts of steak work better for kabobs than others.
For this recipe, I used a sirloin steak. However, you could make these with just about any cut of steak.
I feel like sirloin steak can really soak up the flavor of the marinade, and is also a little thicker that it will still stay juicy and cook perfectly, in the same amount of time the vegetables will be done cooking.
The sirloin steak buys you a little more time, to thoroughly cook the mushrooms all the way through.
Read Also: Soho Steak And Seafood Myrtle Beach
What Steak Should I Use For Kabobs
Top sirloin is great for kabobs. It is lean and doesnt have a lot of excess fat, making it easy to cut into cubes for the skewers. It is also budget friendly and easy find at ay grocery store.
If youre unsure of what kind of meat to buy, ask the butcher at the meat counter for some help. Ive found theyre always so helpful and happy to help me pick the best cut of meat for what Im making.
What Steak Is Best For Kabobs
- Check at the butchery Talk with your friendly butcher about a recommended meat for kabobs. Dont forget to relay the flavor profile you like and be sure also to mention your preferred texture.
- Steak Marbling Look for steaks that have a great deal of marbling and avoid any steaks that have large chunks of fat that cannot easily be trimmed away.
- Sirloin The top sirloin is a cut from the loin that offers good flavor in a thick cut ideal for grilling, broiling, sautéeing, or pan-frying. Although it doesnt have as much marbling as a ribeye or New York strip, it certainly has enough to provide good flavor for a steak. Its also cheaper than other cuts of meat.
- Ribeye is a good choice as well. This variety is often used in marinating to make it tender. I also marinate meat to let it absorb more flavor.
- Filet mignon is usually presented as a round cut taken from the thinner end of a piece of tenderloin. It is often the most tender and lean cut. Due to the small amount of filet mignon able to be butchered from each animal, it is generally the most expensive cut of meat.
You May Like: What Temperature To Cook Steak On The Grill
Prepare Veggies For Kabobs
- Onions: You really cant go wrong here. Use yellow, red or white whatever you like best! For the kabob, cut the onion into 4 pieces and again in half so the pieces come out triangular.
- Bell Peppers: Use red, yellow and green the more color the better! Just make sure to cut them into similar-sized pieces as your beef. This way, the beef and veggies will hit the grill evenly, giving you perfect grill marks.
- Mushrooms: You can use white bottom, cremini or portobello. Try to pick mushrooms that are similar in size to your beef pieces so you dont have to trim them down.
Tips And Tricks For The Best Steak Kabobs
- Uniform meat cut. Having uniformly cut steaks will allow evenly flavored meat from
- Grillers heat level. One zone needs to be hotter than the other. This will help you to switch around the kabobs easily from one heat zone to another. It will help cook the meat evenly and slowly.
- Rest it for a while. Allow your steak to rest, even for meats in kabobs. You need to let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes, so the residual heat cooks long enough to impart the most flavors and evenly distribute it in the steak.
- Time is essential. The more time you give into preparing the kabobs and grilling them the better they will taste. When you give it enough time the flavors of the ingredient will marry well together bringing you a whole delectable dish.
- Give it SPACE! Keep a little space between the meat pieces on the skewer as well as on the grill, this will help them cook evenly.
- Smother that steak. Baste the kabobs with the marinade as they cook . Doing this will infuse more flavor. into kabobs as they get cooked.
Also Check: Where To Buy Omaha Steaks Gift Cards
Tips For Making The Best Beef Shish Kabobs:
- I bought some steel skewers a few years ago and I dont think I could go back! They are thin and flat, so the meat doesnt slide around when I turn the skewers, and they arent going to burn. If you are using wooden, skewers, be sure to soak them and skewer your steak just before grilling so they dont burn.
- Cutting the pieces in uniform sizes is the key to a great beef shish kabob! It ensures all pieces are perfectly cooked, and you dont end up with some well done and some rare on the same skewer.
- Dont overcook. Steak is most tender and flavorful when it is cooked to the perfect temperature, so use a meat thermometer to ensure you pull them off at the right time.
Pin this recipe to save for later
How Long To Cook Steak Kabobs In Air Fryer
The air fryer sears the outside of the steak and leaves the inside juicy and tender, but you can easily over cook your steak if not paying attention. Its important to know how long to cook steak in your air fryer, keeping in mind that all air fryers are not the same.
You should use a meat thermometer to help achieve your level of doneness. Check the steaks after cooking them for 10 12 minutes to see if they are at your preferred temperature, or if they need a few more minutes to cook.
Below is a temperature guide for steak:
- Rare: 120°F 130°F should have a red center
- Medium rare: 130°F 135°F center should be pink
- Medium: 135°F 145°F very little pink
Also Check: Pellet Grill Reverse Sear Steak
How To Use Leftovers
If there are any leftovers, they will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
They taste great chopped or sliced into a chefs salad or steak salad. Or simply warm the skewers up in an air fryer or frying pan. It also tastes great added to Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff or Steak Tacos.
Frozen cooked steak will maintain flavor for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Grilled Steak Kebabs Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Our most flavorful and tender steak kebabs recipe yet! My sister Sveta came up with this recipe and it is well loved by our whole family. These smell amazing on the grill and they taste even better! Marinating the steak overnight turns this into a make-ahead recipe and the flavors are irresistible! Take one whiff of that marinade and youll just know! Get ready to savor every bite of these grilled steak kabobs.
Big thank you to my youngest sister, Sveta, for sharing this recipe with us. Sveta is a natural cook and she has shared so many of her wonderful recipes with us over the years, like this must-try juicy grilled chicken breast that shows up at nearly every summer party around here :).
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Prime Steaks
Sheet Pan Steak Kabobs
Steak Kabobs are a summer time favorite. No skewers? No problem! This recipe turns steak kabobs into an easy, sheet pan dinner the family will love.
Since its grilling season, I was inspired to try a new steak kabob recipe.
I had all the ingredients ready to go, and then I realized I was out of skewers. Ugh!
It was bad planning on my part, but it made for great chance to try deconstructed steak kabobs without skewers.
Essentially, skewer-less kabobs turns steak kabobs into an easy, weeknight sheet pan dinner. And who doesnt love an easy sheet pan meal? Whats easier than tossing all the ingredients together on a sheet pan and then throwing it into the oven for about 25 minutes.