What To Serve With Chicken Fried Steak
Whenever I make this frozen chicken fried steak in the air fryer, I always like to go all out and serve it with ALL the fixings.
So, I like to make my creamy mashed potatoes with some buttery air-fried corn on the cob. Ill also bake a batch of some deliciously soft cornbread while I make some white pepper gravy to pour all over.
You can also serve this green bean casserole as an extra veggie side dish.
Gosh, just thinking about everything is making my mouth water. This is such an indulging and yummy dinner!
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- I suggest keeping the country fried steaks completely frozen before air frying.
Do not use aerosol sprays in the air fryer.
- Aerosolized sprays will damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer basket and trays. I found this silicone insert for my basket style air fryer. It is way better than using a spray and I can toss it in the dishwasher when I get done.
Don’t forget to flip.
- For a nice and even crispy, crunchy exterior the flip is the number one rule!
Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak
Chicken fried steak is a big staple in the south and mid-west and with good reason. Its absolutely delicious!
I know the word chicken fried steak can be misleading for some, but this dish is actually made with cubed steak, not chicken. The steak is then breaded and fried just like you would bread and fry chicken.
It was one of my favorite homemade meals growing up as a child. I didnt eat it often, but when I did, it was such a treat! Ive made them from scratch before but they can be a lot of work.
Thankfully, Ive been able to find a frozen chicken fried steak I like and have on hand when the craving hits. Between the frozen patty and using the air fryer to cook, making chicken fried steak for dinner has never been easier!
Dont own an air fryer? Thats okay! If you are on the market for an air fryer, .
Also Check: Omaha Steaks Door To Door
What Cut Of Meat Is Cube Steak
Cube steak refers to a type of beef cut. Its usually top round or top sirloin thats been pounded with a beef tenderizer to tenderize and flatten it.
You can use an electric tenderizer to do this too.
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 360 degrees and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Season each piece of cubed steak with salt and pepper after slicing it into strips.
- Combine the flour, dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and smoked paprika on a bowl or plate.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl. Place the Panko bread crumbs on a third platter.
- Press a fork into the flour mixture, brushing off any excess. Then dip into the egg mixture and coat both sides in breadcrumbs. Remove a little of the extra and place in the air fryer basket.
- Fill the basket with enough pieces to fill it without overlapping them and leave some space between them so they crisp up correctly. Apply a light coat of olive oil to the surface.
Close the lid and bake for 11 minutes at 360 degrees. After 7 minutes, open the bag and flip the pieces over. Cook for another 4 minutes, then check to see if you want them crispier. If thats the case, cook them for a few minutes longer until theyre done to your preference.
Fast Fixin Country Fried Steak With Gravy
Steaks, Country Fried, Restaurant Style
Beef patty fritters with gravy mix. Ready in minutes. Includes country gravy mix. Fully cooked. Our Quality Promise: We promise that the outstanding quality and great taste of this product will perform to your expectations or we will give you your money back. Please share your comments with us at: AdvancePierre Foods, Inc., PO Box 219, Kings Mountain, NC 28083, Attn: Consumer Affairs, Phone: 877-447-3279. Or visit out website at www.fastfixin.com. www.fastfixin.com. Reseal for freshness.Nutrition Facts
|Information is currently not available for this nutrient.|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs**.|
|** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDIâs that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.|
Contains: Gravy Mix: Contains: milk, soy, wheat. Country Fried Steak: Contains: milk, wheat.
You May Like: Knife Block Set Without Steak Knives
Quick Frozen Country Fried Steak In The Air Fryer
5 from 1 reviews
Air Fryer Chicken Fried Beef is a crispy and tender weekday supper cooked with cubed fried steak. For a truly Southern-style dinner, top it with the 3-ingredient gravy.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Your frozen country fried steak will come out juicy, tender, and wonderfully crisp on all sides when cooked in your air fryer!!
It doesnt get any easier than this when it comes to making a country fried steak breakfast in your air fryer! Cooking these breaded patties is nearly straightforward because you dont have to defrost out your favorite brand of frozen chicken fried steak.
What Is A Cube Steak
Cube steaks are simply a tenderized and flattened cut of steak, such as top sirloin or top round.The tenderized indentations on a cube steak give it its name.You can buy tenderized cubed steaks or buy a top sirloin, cut it into pieces, and tenderize it with a meat tenderizer or mallet. My OXO Good Grips meat tenderizer is one of my favorites because its affordable and does the job well.
Also Check: What’s In A Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Tips For Making Country Fried Steak In The Air Fryer
- For a quick evening dinner, purchase beef that has already been tenderized.
- Season the cube steaks with salt and pepper and set aside for 5 minutes before dredging them in the flour and egg mixture. This gives the seasoning time to settle into the cube steaks.
- Before putting the cubed steaks in the air fryer, tap them to remove any extra flour. Otherwise, while cooking, the excess flour will fly off the bird.
- To make cleanup easier, use parchment circles with holes in them. The holes allow air to circulate while remaining inexpensive to purchase.
- If youre using racks, flip them halfway through to ensure equal cooking. Otherwise, the top rack will cook more quickly than the bottom.
- Make sure your air fryer isnt too full of chicken fried steak. For optimal results, the steak should be laid flat in one layer, not touching.
Keywords: Air Fryer, Country Fried Steak
Southern Chicken Fried Steak W/ Creamy White Gravy
If youve never tasted chicken fried steak before, youre probably thinking, What the heck? Its a straightforward dish. In a nutshell, its a coated and fried tenderized steak .
The outside looks like fried chicken because its coated in flour, milk, and eggs, the same ingredients as fried chicken. Its deep-fried till its golden brown and crunchy. As a result, you get to savor both the crispy golden crust and the tender, delectable sirloin in one mouthful!
Its easy to see why its called chicken fried steak now, isnt it? As if that werent enough, chicken fried steak is frequently accompanied by a substantial helping of creamy white or brown gravy. Yes, please tell me all about it! This delectable dish is unconcerned with your weight-loss ambitions.
Also Check: Wusthof Stainless Steak Knife Set
Why Is Called Chicken Fried Steak
Its made in the same way as classic fried chicken, but with steak instead of chicken. Isnt that what youre saying?!!This dish has been dubbed country fried steak by some. Whats the difference between the two? There isnt much. One is coated with flour, while the other is made with bread crumbs.
I just dubbed it this because we used both.
Want Great Tasteits Hard To Beat Fast Fixin
With Fast Fixinâ you get great taste and a great value. Our family of tasty, satisfying, easy-to-prepare frozen chicken and steak entrÃ©es are great on their own or as part of a recipe. One taste and youâll see why kids love our unbelievable taste, and moms love our unbeatable value.
Moms love the flexibility and ease of preparing a meal that they know the whole family will enjoy at a price thatâs easy on the wallet. Our 100% all-natural* Chicken Breast Nuggets made with chicken raised with no hormones or steroids added** beat the competition in taste tests with some of the toughest customers â kids! Itâs the crispy breading, firm bite and natural rotisserie flavor that our fans love, and the same attention to taste satisfaction goes for the rest of our delicious products.
From easy, kid-friendly meals, like our fun-to-dunkJumbo Popcorn Chicken or a dinner-sized helping of ourCountry Fried Steaks with Gravy, weâve got the comfort foods you crave. To taste for yourself, grab your Fast Fixin’ coupon and give our entrÃ©es a try for lunch, dinnerâ¦any time!
* Minimally processed, no artificial ingredients** Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones or steroids in poultry
Don’t Miss: Where To Order Dry Aged Steaks
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Fried Steak In The Air Fryer
Before you cook anything, make sure to spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Place the frozen country fried steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook the chicken fried steaks in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through the cooking time.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
How To Make An Easy Gravy With Air Fryer Cube Fried Steaks
These procedures can be followed while the air fryer country fried steak is cooking because this homemade gravy recipe is so quick and easy!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Continue to simmer on medium heat, whisking constantly, until the flour, milk, salt, and pepper have all been incorporated and the sauce has thickened. You can keep adding milk until you have the consistency you want!
- Take the gravy from the heat and pour it over the chicken fried steak.
Recommended Reading: Volcano Steak And Sushi Coupons
What Is A Low Fodmap Diet
The low-FODMAP diet is a temporary learning diet designed to help alleviate digestive symptoms in those who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome . The word FODMAP is an acronym that represents categories of short-chain carbohydrates known to cause digestive issues like gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and stomach pain in certain individuals.