Instant Pot Cubed Steak And Gravy
So, I thought I would start converting some of my crock pot recipes to Instant Pot recipes. In my mind, I thought it would be so easy! Yeah, that’s what I get for thinking! Ha! Turns out, not as easy as I thought. I started converting my CROCK POT CUBED STEAK AND GRAVY recipe to an Instant Pot Cubed Steak and Gravy and learned that you definitely have to tweak some things to make recipes convert to pressure cooker recipes.
What Is Cube Steak:
Cube steak or cubed steak is a type of beef cut that is known to be a tough piece of meat that is tenderized. Usually it is either top round or top sirloin when purchased. It is then flattened by pounding and tenderized before cooking. Cube steak got its name because of the indentations that are on the cube steak after it has been tenderized by a meat tenderizer.
Did You Make This Recipe
What to do with the leftovers from That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe:
Ill be sharing That Old Lipton Onion Soup Pot Roast Recipe at Fiesta Friday #242, cohosted this week by and Youre going to love all the bloggers that share their best recipes of the week at Fiesta Friday but do drop by and see Jhuls. Youre going to love each creative recipe and take a sec to stop by and see Jen. Shes going to have you in stitches with a helping of her real-life stories along with each recipe.
Looking for a fool-proof way to flavor your burgers? This Lipton Onion Soup burger recipe is the answer.
There are hundreds of ways to season burgers. Some stick to just salt and pepper, while some add other flavors, such as Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and well send the recipe straight to your inbox!
But the thing is, you wont find out if youve seasoned your burgers perfectly until after youve cooked them. If your burgers are too salty, theres no way to fix them!
Thats where Lipton Onion Soup comes in. With this nifty little packet, theres no need to worry about under- or over-seasoning. Youll get perfectly flavored burgers every time.
So what are you waiting for? Put on your apron and fire up the grill, its time to make burgers!
Also Check: Steak And Shake Kids Meal
Cube Steak With Onion Gravy
Make and share this Cube Steak With Onion Gravy recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Petdrwife
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture fry steaks until cooked but do not overcook or will become stringy.
- Remove steaks from pan and drain on towels cover to keep warm.
- Drain off all of fat except for 2 tablespoons.
- Saute onion in skillet till tender scrape up little bits of meat from pan.
- Add flour and cook with onion till slightly brown.
- Whisk in beef broth and cook till thick and bubbly. If not thick enough mix up a little flour/water and whisk into gravy.
- Cut cube steaks into 1″ strips and return to pan with gravy heat through and serve.
Lipton Onion Soup Recipes Steak
Easy salisbury steak recipe with onion soup mix. Salisbury Steak is made from beef and may contain bread crumbs or oats, as well as vegetables and spices. When molding the ground meat to make a Salisbury Steak, you look for an appearance similar to that of a beef fillet.
Brown them in hot oil over medium high heat. Remove from pan and place in casserole dish. Add onions in dripping in skillet and reduce heat to medium and saute until the onions are brown. Place onions on top of hamburger patties in casserole dish. Combine chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, ranch dressing, and remaining flour.
herb with garlic soup mix or 1 envelope lipton onion soup mix, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil, honey, uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes, tomatoes, mushroom caps, green bell peppers or 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks. 48 min, 10 ingredients.
Make hamburger patties using ground beef, bread or cracker crumbs, egg and soup mix. Fry or grill until patties are browned on both sides. While the hamburgers are cooking in a bowl mix together the dry gravy mix, water and sour cream. Mix to combine. Spray. a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick and lay cooked patties in the pan.
You May Like: Steak Of The Month Club Butchers Market
Crockpot Cube Steak And Gravy
Looking for a super easy supper idea? Look no further than Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy. With a pound of cube steak, an envelope of onion soup mix, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and some water, you can put a delicious home-cooked meal on the table with almost no effort.
I like this dish over homemade mashed potatoes, but if you are really in a hurry, serve it over instant rice or instant mashed potatoes with a salad on the side. Slow cooking the steak all day makes the meat incredibly tender and the onion soup mix seasons the gravy perfectly.
What To Serve With Lipton Onion Soup Burgers
As hearty and delicious as burgers are, they arent as much fun to eat without the sides! The sides add excitement to the table, making your meal even more unforgettable.
Looking for ideas? Here are some dishes that complement burgers wonderfully.
- French Fries. Ah. The classic! Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and deliciously salty all over. Take it up another notch by drizzling truffle oil over your fries!
- Onion Rings. The subtle sweetness of onions gives your savory burgers a nice flavor contrast. Plus, who can resist that crunch?
- Coleslaw. Crisp cabbage and carrots are coated in a creamy, tangy dressing. Its a light, cold, and refreshing treat that tastes amazing with burgers!
You May Like: The Great Steak And Potato
What Are The Ingredients
To make this tender, flavorful cube steak, you need the following ingredients:
- cube steak- cube steak is a cut of meat that has been run through a mechanical tenderizer machine. The name comes from the cube-shaped indentations made by the tenderizer.
- beef broth-you can use low sodium broth
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Cream of Celery Soup- you can also use Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Chicken Soup
How To Cook Cube Steak:
So simple to make in two easy steps to make and prepare the steak. Then create a delicious mushroom gravy that is out of this world good. Combined it is the perfect combination and so delicious!
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
It is best to use a meat thermometer to know the steak internal temperature when cooking this cube steak.
Also Check: Best Mail Order Steaks Wall Street Journal
French Onion Cubed Steak
This one is so easy. The gravy it makes is worth the effort and is great on top of the steak, on mashed potatoes or my favorite, onion flavored new potatoes . A nice garden salad completes this quick meal. Increase portions to meet…
Provided by Ed Mayfield
|1/2 pkg dried french onion soup mix|
|1/2 c water|
|1/3 c all purpose flour|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|2 Tbsp butter|
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper, to your taste. Then dredge steaks in flour, covering completely and patting to make sure flour sticks to meat.
- 2. Melt butter in large, non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Place steaks in melted butter and brown on both sides. Sprinkle onion soup mixture over the steaks, followed by water and wine. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Thin with more water, if needed.
- 3. Serve while hot, covering with the gravy.
Tips For Making This Instant Pot Meal:
- I’ve made this dish a few times since creating the recipe. Occasionally I still get a burn message on my pressure cooker. When this happens, I just give it a few minutes. I don’t open the lid, I just wait. After a few minutes, it will begin the cooking countdown and the burn message goes away. So if this happens to you, just be patient.
- The French Onion Soup can be substituted with a can of Beef Consomme.
- Also, the cream of chicken soup can be substituted with Cream of Mushroom.
You May Like: Open A Steak And Shake Franchise
Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix Recipes
potatoes , butter, melted, lipton dry onion soup mix, garlic powder, cayenne pepper , fresh ground black pepper, grated cheddar cheese , green onions, chopped. 1 hour 15 min, 8 ingredients.
For every ¼ cup of onion soup mix in a recipe, you can combine 3 tablespoons of minced onion flakes, 2 tablespoons of beef bouillon powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes, 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seeds, and a pinch each of black pepper, sweet paprika, and salt.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, soup mix, water, and ketchup. Mix to combine well. Add the breadcrumbs and ground beef.
1 batch = 1 can of beef broth, 1 packet of dry onion soup, 1 stick butter or margarine, 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of water. Directions Mix all, cook 1 hour on 350.
This recipe for meatloaf using liptons dried onion soup mix is an american family classic. Our famous lipton onion dip, made. Cook until inside temperature is about 140°f to 150°f. Source: www.familyfreshmeals.com. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Skip the packets of lipton dry onion soup mix and make this homemade version instead.
Skip the packets of lipton dry onion soup mix and make this homemade version instead. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes. Lipton onion recipe soup and dip mix ingredients are perfect for speedy dinner ideas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Of prepared copycat liptons onion soup mix 1 pint sour cream.
Dont Miss: Campbell\s Chicken And Rice Casserole
Cubed Steak Onion Gravy
Cubed steak and onion gravy is one of our favorites for a meal. This cubed steak and gravy is a quick and easy recipe. Just add bread, side dish and salad. You could serve this over rice. It is great reheated if there is any leftover. You can double the recipe. I go to this recipe often as it is a wonderful, cheap weeknight meal and you can throw it together along with some easy side dishes. I am big on onions and love to add them to many dishes because they add such flavor to a recipe. I think you will make this one over and over again!
Read Also: Where Can I Buy A Porterhouse Steak
Crock Pot Cube Steak Omg This Is Deliciouss
1 medium onion peeled and sliced into rings 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 can cream of celery soup 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix 1/2 soup can of water salt and pepper
Peel, slice and separate the rings of one medium-sized onion. Salt and pepper each cube steak. Place 2 cube steaks in the bottom of your crock-pot. Top with onions and repeat. Separating each addition of meat with onions. This will help separate them later and avoid them being one melded mass of cube steak.
In a separate bowl, add the cream of soups and water and mix it up. Pour the soup mixture over the meat Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top, put the lid on the crock-pot and turn it on low. Soon your kitchen will start to smell delicious and 6-7 hours later you will have dinner! Add a side of mashed potatoes to help enjoy the gravy an a salad or green veggie and you are ready to eat.
What Is Cube Steak
Cube steak is usually cut from top round or top sirloin, but it can be made from any cut of steak. To tenderize it, the meat is pounded with a meat mallet, making small cube-shaped indentationshence the name “cube” steak.
If you cook with other red meats such as venison or elk, you can make your own cube steak by tenderizing any of the less tender cuts with a meat tenderizer.
The process of tenderizing meat and subsequently cooking it slowly in the crockpot yields fall-apart-tender steak that is delicious served with gravy over mashed potatoes.
You May Like: Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel Mcdonald’s Locations
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CUBE STEAK WITH GRAVY
- Meat: You can make this Cube Steak recipe with any thin steak or cut of meat. Try chicken cutlets, boneless pork chops, thin cut ribeye
- Fried: You can make an indulgent crispy fried coating. Mix ¼ cup flour with paprika, salt and pepper, and coat meat in flour mixture. Fry in butter or vegetable oil, until golden browned and cooked through.
- Mushrooms: Sauté sliced mushrooms with the sliced onions to make an easy Mushroom Gravy for Cubed Steak. If you want a creamy mushroom onion gravy, stir in a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup along with the fresh mushrooms .
- Seasonings: Season your cube steaks with more than salt and pepper. Try favorite flavors like onion powder, cumin, garlic powder,
- Gravy: Add a package onion gravy mix, regular gravy mix, Au jus gravy mix, brown gravy mix, or onion soup mix with the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to thicken gravy without flour.
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- In hot skillet, sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onions to slow cooker.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and whisk in flour and cook one minute.
- Whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to slow cooker with onions.
- In a skillet, brown seasoned and floured cube steaks for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place browned cube steaks in gravy in the crock pot. Cook on low, covered, for 6-8 hours.
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES FOR COMFORT FOOD
Stereo Electronics Outlets Stores Salisbury Steak Made With French Onion Soup Mix
Australian philosophers monty python lyrics Lockheed haverhill road baltimore Mexican restaurants atlanta tx 305 sandpiper dr portsmouth va 23704
- Samsung bst dongle price
- Why am i always thirsty even when i drink water
- Hotel atleti foggia tripadvisor forums
- Daily management board templates
Adobe indesign pocket folder template Soup setting applesauce Samsung galaxy note equation Coupons for geyser falls philadelphia ms
Also Check: Campbell Soup Chicken And Rice Casserole
Also Check: How To Make Dry Aged Steak
Easy Salisbury Steak Recipe
23.01.2012 ·I found this recipe by searching for âSalisbury Steak WITHOUT onion soup mixâ, and Iâm so glad I found it! So delicious, and worth the extra time to create the perfect onion flavor by carmelizing real onions. This recipe is plenty easy without using things like packaged soup mix or canned mushroom soup. Just made â¦ 20.09.2019 ·Making French Onion Salisbury Steak: This recipe comes together in about 30 minutes. First things first, melt the butter in a large skillet and add in your onions along with some Worcestershire and a little of your beef broth. The onions will cook, you can stir occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes until theyre nice and golden. I like to make â¦
Tips For Making Cube Steak:
Combined this steak and mushroom gravy is the perfect combination. It is simple to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes. These tips are here to help you better the cube steak recipe and make this over and over again with ease.
- Let rest: It is best to allow the steaks time to rest out of the cold refrigerator about 20 to 30 minutes ahead of cooking time.
- Preparing cube steak: Be sure to remove any moisture from the cube steak by patting it dry with a paper towel. This will ensure the steak will sear evenly as well as have a crispy crust.
- Tenderize meat: Simply pound the steak using a meat tenderizer. This will ensure the quality of your steak and how juicy it is when being cooked.
- Overcook: It is best to not overcook the cube steak. It will become rubbery and hard to eat.
- Thicken gravy: Mix together a slurry or roux of cornstarch or flour with water. Slowly add it to the mushroom gravy for the desired thickness.
- Beef broth: For more flavor add in beef broth instead of water.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Steak Sauce
Why Youll Love This Recipe
Youre going to love this easy recipe!
its a 30 minute meal!
and the last reason youll love this Salisbury steak recipe is because it only has 5 ingredients! This is a pantry meal that will blow your socks off!
Just like TV Dinners from the 50s only 100 times better! The whole family dven your picky eaters will love this meal!
Recommended Reading: Campbell Soup Sloppy Joe Recipe