Tips For The Best Rib Eye Steak
Want more tips on getting the best results with your ribeye? No problem! Here are all my best tricks for delicious steak.
- Get the Pan Hot: Its important to have the pan nice and hot before you add the steak. That way, it will sear and stay juicy. If the pan isnt hot enough, the steak will release its juices into the pan instead.
- Instant-Read Thermometer: Any meat thermometer will do, but the instant-read type are my favorite, because you can check the meat very quickly until its just right.
- The Steakhouse Butter Trick: You can add an extra dimension of yummy, succulent flavor to your steak by placing a pat of butter on top while it rests. The butter will melt onto, and almost into, the steak. Yum!
What Goes With Steak For Dinner
With steak as the main star of your dish, theres also an art to pairing it with the best side dishes. You can stick with the traditional potatoes and greens or you can step it up a notch with some scalloped potatoes, cajun french fries, broccoli, asparagus, or stick with the sous vide method for some asparagus. Check out these Best Side Dishes for Steak.
French Potato And Leek Soup
The Spruce Eats / Diana Chistruga
Potato and leek soup is a favorite for the winter months and a comforting way to kick off your meal. It requires just a few ingredients to create a creamy texture that’s simply irresistible. Better yet, you can prepare it ahead of time and reheat it just before dinner.
Don’t Miss: Omaha Steaks Wine Gift Baskets
How To Choose Your Steak
Choosing the best ribeye is kind of an art! But there are a few easy guidelines that even the most inexperienced cook can go by to pick a winner every time.
- Thickness: Its best to choose a steak between 1 and 1.5 inches. Thinner steaks will cook quickly and be tasty, but its harder to tweak the doneness. Similarly, really thick steaks are awesome, but its harder to get the doneness right theyll almost always be overcooked on the outside or very rare in the center, unless youre a fairly experienced cook with a few techniques up your sleeve.
- Very lean ribeyes may sound great, but they are actually of poorer quality than steaks generously flecked with white fat throughout. That fat, or marbling, melts away as the steak cooks and creates a tender, juicy texture.
- Cap and Fat: The cap of the steak is the top section, opposite the thin, boney end. Its the most tender and flavorful part of the steak, so look for ribeyes that have a generous amount of cap meat. Between the cap portion and the eye portion, which is snuggled against the bone, there should be a small chunk of fat. Look for steaks that dont have too much fat there a large, heavy chunk of fat is basically wasted space, that wont be eaten or tenderize the meat.
Creative Dinner Ideas For Two : Download Recipe Videos
61 easy date night dinners that beat a fancy restaurant · 1 of 61 creative dinner ideas for two. This recipe is easily adapted . Strip steak with hasselback potatoes and garlicky spinach · 2 of 21. Get recipes and tips to make these easy weeknight dinners for two.
Kitchen Table Centerpiece Design Ideas + HGTV Pictures | HGTV from hgtvhome.sndimg.com
Strip steak with hasselback potatoes and garlicky spinach · 2 of 21. Baked spinach ravioli with pesto cream sauce · 3 of 65. These recipes are so simple, you can share a romantic meal with your loved one any night . They are ready in 40 minutes or less and use pantry staples. Get recipes and tips to make these easy weeknight dinners for two. Since children love building things of their own, a fajitas night is always a win . The perfect meal to win anyone over. Taco salad · 2 of 65.
Recommended Reading: Zwilling Stainless Steel Steak Knives
Best Easy Steak Dinner Recipes For Two
Looking to make a wonderful steak dinner for a romantic night for two? These 17 wonderful choices for recipes will make it easy for you.
Steak dinner is classic, and no meat lover wouldnt appreciate it. Its so great because it always delivers rich taste and its usually easy enough to make. So a steak for a romantic dinner is sure to be a hit every time.
To make your steak nights wonderful, weve picked 17 delicious recipes to try. These are some of the best recipe variations for all occasions and tastes. Pick your favorites and enjoy!
Recipes in this Post
How about surf and turf? And you can do it at home as well. This garlic butter grilled steak recipe is a keeper.
Here comes the Asian flavor to your favorite steak dinner recipe. The skewers make an easy to make steak meal and the marinade is delicious. You two will love it!
If theres a way to make a rib-eye steak better, its the shiitake mushroom butter topping. Make this delicious stake with your favorite roast potatoes and asparagus.
If youre looking for unique flavors to make your steak dinner special, add smoked ancho chile salt to the recipe. Its so wild west, and you will love it!
This is a very quick steak dinner recipe that you can cook in under 20 minutes. You will love the spice chili flavor too. You can save leftover rice as the side to make it a fast busy nights dinner as well.
While Your Potatoes Are Cooking
Set your table and prepare all other ingredients for the dinner. Arrange ingredients on the counter and put your skillet and your frying pan on your preferred burners.
Slice your onion and set aside in a bowl. Clean and dry your cutting board, you will use this to let your steaks rest.
When your potatoes have 25 more minutes on the timer, begin heating your cast iron with olive oil. Remove your steaks from their package, pat them dry and salt them. After your skillet has been heating for about 4 minutes, add your steaks. Cook for your desired amount of time, remove and let rest on your cutting board.
The mushrooms will take 8-10 minutes to cook so begin as soon as you remove your steaks from the pan. Heat your pan with olive oil for about a minute, add your onions and mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and sauté. Youll want to move them around every minute so they dont burn. Some mushrooms will release more water than others so keep an eye on them.
Lastly, pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
Recommended Reading: Authentic Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Recipe
Healthy Steak Dinner Meals
- Perfect Porterhouse Steak: This Porterhouse Steak will top any of your favorite restaurant steakhouse recipes! Its an expensive cut thats tender, juicy, and full of flavor! With this recipe, youll find everything you need to make the perfect porterhouse steak every time!
- Flank Steak Marinade: This marinade recipe is ideal for those craving a mouth-watering and flavorful steak. Flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic youll have a juicy flank steak thats full of flavor and absolutely tender!.
- Broiled Steak: Ever broil a steak before? If not, learn how to make a mouthwatering steak with this recipe. Youll find all the tricks and tips to broil a perfect piece of steak.
- Sous Vide London Broil: Sous Vide London Broil is by far the best way to cook this lean and budget-friendly top-round steak. It turns an inexpensive cut into a meal that tastes like youre at a fine dining restaurant. The secret? Its in the marinade made with balsamic and honey-based sauce. Enjoy!
An Easy Rib Eye Steak Recipe For Valentines Day
Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays! Its so light and fun, and you can make it whatever you want! From kids making cards, to galentines friendship fun, to a special celebration of romantic love, theres something for everyone. And, lets not forget the candy and the steak!
Yes, some of the best candies go on sale around Valentines, and so do some of the choices for steaks. Thats what Im really excited about, to be honest. Its a great time to grab a delicious ribeye and enjoy a special dinner.
For this particular recipe, Im keeping it simple and direct. The tender and juicy steak is a perfect ten, dressed only in pan juices, fresh herbs, and crushed garlic cloves.
Don’t Miss: Farberware Steak Knives Set Of 6
How To Pick A Good Steak
When shopping for your top sirloin filet you want to look for 3 things –thickness, marbling, and grade.
- For a perfect pan seared steak you want a steakat least 1½ inches thick with good marbling.
- For the best quality you would choose aprime sirloin filet. If a prime grade steak is out of your budget or not easily available, your second best option would be achoice grade steak which youll easily find in most grocery stores. Avoid select grade steaks – they arent worth the trouble or the money.
- Whichever grade you choose, prime or choice grade, youll want to be sure to find the steak with the most marbling.
- Marbling is the little white specks running through the steak., so the more marbling the better.
- If you need help finding the best sirloin filet, ask the butcher. Ive found they are usually happy to help and always make great suggestions.
Is Ham Steak Already Cooked
Most ham steaks are fully cooked, which will be labeled on the packaging. That means it wont take long to prepare because all you have to do is warm it up.
Of course you add more flavor by browning and glazing it, but you certainly dont want to overcook it.
However, if your ham slice is raw, make sure you cook it long enough for the internal temperature to reach 145F.
You also have to decide between boneless and bone-in ham steak. I used boneless, but if you do buy one with a ham bone, its the same cooking method.
After serving, save the ham bone and use it to make soup stock.
You May Like: Lea & Perrins Bold Steak Sauce
How To Participate In The Giveaway:
Giveaway will run for 2 weeks and ends February 14th at 11:59 PM.
Steak Au Poivre By Merrill Stubbs
“This steak au poivre, served a perfect medium rare with a creamy, pepper-infused pan sauce, will always hold a place in my heart,” writes our co-founder Merrill Stubbs. “True to my Anglican roots, I have a fondness for sherry and cream, which make up nearly half the ingredient list of a proper au poivre. To me, this is about as good as a pan sauce gets: a silky reduction of stock with a swirl of spirits and fat to soften the sting of the pepper and shallots.”
Recommended Reading: Best Cuts Of Steak In Order
Lazy Slow Cooker Cheesesteaks
Slow cooker cheesesteaks are a delicious and easy “Philly style” dinner you can make right in your own kitchen. Tender shredded beef, caramelized onions, fresh peppers and mushrooms all slow cooked together to make a unforgettable meal all will love.
An easy air fried chicken fried steak recipe made with a quick homemade gravy.
Chimichurri Steak Bites are juicy, mouthwatering, and perfectly bite-sized for a delicious steak meal idea!
Why Do You Put Pineapple On Ham
Of course it wouldnt be an Easter or Christmas ham steak dinner for two without pineapple!
Pineapple balances the salty ham because its acidic yet sweet. I added some of the canned pineapple juice to the glaze as well as stirred in some of the pineapple tidbits.
I saw some recipes use maraschino cherries, but I thought that would be a little too sweet.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Steak
How Many Servings Does A Ham Steak Make
The smallest ham steak I could find in 2020 was between 0.80 and 1 pound.
However, I went to buy another ham steak in 2021 and could only find 8 ounce ham steaks. If thats the case for you, you can either cut the glaze in half or buy two 8 ounce steaks.
A 1 pound ham slice makes about 4 pieces while an 8 ounce ham slice makes about 2 pieces.
Portion sizes are always subjective, but because most people go back for seconds, for a 16 ounce ham slice I calculated 2 pieces per person. Hence dinner for two.
If youre serving Easter or Christmas ham with side dishes, you could stretch it even further, especially if youre hosting guests with smaller appetites.
Because my 16 ounce ham steak was big, I used a large 12 inch skillet .
However, if your meat is bigger than your skillet, you can cut the ham in half and fry each portion separately.
Itll take a little longer to cook in batches, but you dont need to buy a giant skillet if you have a small kitchen.
Juicy Steak Dinner Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
45 juicy and flavorful steak dinner ideas for any day of the week.
Theres nothing like a good steak dinner with the family or even just for 2. These delicious steak meal ideas make this tender red meat the star of the show.
Whether youre eating flank steak, ribeye, tri-tip, porterhouse steak, or another cut of steak, this list of steak dinner menu ideas will have something for you.
This list includes every kind of cooking. You can grill, bake, roast, use an air fryer, pan-fry, and even more to get some deliciously tender steak.
Have some leftover steak? Try out these 25 recipes to use up leftover steak!
Recipes to Serve Alongside Steak Dinners:
Recommended Reading: Does Omaha Steaks Have Organic Meat
Which Steak Is Most Tender
Beef tenderloin steaks are the most tender. This is a long muscle that runs along the spine of the cow. The popular Filet mignon cut comes from the very tip of the tenderloin.
You will find this steak sold as tenderloin, filet, filet mignon, or châteaubriand. These buttery steaks are generally smaller in shape than others, but are cut more thickly.
Best Steak Dinner Ideas
Best Beef Recipes is an Amazon Associate. We receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
What could be better than a classic steak recipe for dinner? Our Best Steak Dinner Ideas bring all the best pan-seared, oven-roasted, and grilled steak recipes together in one place for you to find your new favorite. From chuck to filet, we cover every budget and cooking style.
Could there be anything better than a beautiful, juicy steak? If I could serve my family steak for dinner every night, I would, and none of us would ever get tired of it. There is so much you can do with even the most inexpensive cuts of steak. My favorite has always been a Bife a Portuguesa, or steak and eggs Portuguese-style.
This list of the best steak recipes includes dishes that fit every budget and cooking method.
Whether you like your steaks on the grill or in the oven, traditional or reverse seared, you will find a recipe that’s perfect for you and your family.
When you find your favorite, please tell me. I would love to hear about the delicious steaks you’re cooking up for your family!
You May Like: Best Non Serrated Steak Knives
Easily Prepared Tender Garlic T
Valentines Day is right in a few days, and everyone will be spending their top dollars on candy, flowers, and dinners at expensive restaurants. Im not one to tell you all to NOT eat out, but I will tell you that there are other options. Instead of paying $100+ on a simple dinner, you can buy ingredients, and make dinner at home and end up paying a fraction of the price. This option is also perfect for those of us parents that cant find a babysitter OR like to celebrate valentines day as a family.
In this post, Im going to show you how I made this super easy Garlic steak dinner for two . The steak used are t-bones, and instead of grilling them, I will prepare them in the oven! I will also prepare two simple side dishes, that will also be popped in the oven. Like, seriously- these recipe is practically foolproof. Check it out!
What Are Your Plans For Valentines Day
I fondly remember Valentines Days when I wanted to make like Harry Potter That is hide in my cupboard, dont make a sound, and pretend I dont exist. + Listen to anything depressing.
^^^ Waa waa
And then one single day < pun intended I decided to celebrate love in other ways, cuz lets be trite + cheesy Love comes in all shapes & sizes. Mom, Dad, Brother, girlfriend I love you!
And when theres delicious food to go around who doesnt love this holiday?
What I dont love about this holiday is this:
The hustle and bustle of finding a dinner reservation. I prefer eating in anyhow, and so a romantic quiet dinner at home is right up my ally.
This plate? ^^ Click This Link to Check it Out > Threshold White Solid Plate
Don’t Miss: 8 Slot Steak Knife Block