How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Like Dominos
Learn how to make a homemade Philly cheesesteak pizza that tastes just like Dominos with this copycat recipe. This recipe for Philly cheesesteak pizza is quick and easy to make! We keep things simple by having you use a readymade pizza dough. But in case you want to make your own pizza crust, we have this Yummy Crazy Crust Pizza Recipe you can follow.
While Dominos uses top sirloin for the pizza steak, you can opt for any type of beef you want. However, we recommend you use roast beef for that truly flavorful eating experience. We also have an easy but tasty Savory Beef Pot Roast in Crockpot Recipe you can make for this Philly cheesesteak recipe. For the cheese, we added cheddar on top of Dominos provolone cheese. And because some arent used to eating pizza without sauce, we let you use any pizza sauce you desire.
Were sure that youll enjoy making this Dominos-inspired cheesesteak pizza as much as you will eating them!
Are You A Foodie Too
Hey home chefs, are you digging this Philly steak pizza? Find me on Instagram to show me your food. People message me photos of their pizzas and ask for tips all the time, so dont be shy!
Want to make restaurant-style food at home? I teach you how here on Sip Bite Go and with in-depth video guides on the Sip Bite Go channel.
Ingredients For Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Toppings
Heres all the delicious gourmet pizza toppings for my version of Philly steak pizza
- 1 ball pizza dough
- A little olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley to sprinkle on top at the end
Other pizza toppings you can add
- Peppers and mushrooms are a pretty classic cheese steak topping, so feel free to throw some fresh or sautéed mushrooms on top as well.
- Provolone cheese is a great substitution or addition to the cheese blend.
- Bell peppers of any color will work. Orange and red peppers are on the sweeter site, whereas green bell peppers are a bit more bitter.
- Any onions will work.Caramelized red onions are another great choice. Walla Walla yellow onions are sweeter and perfect on top, as well.
Also Check: What Temperature Should You Grill Steaks At
Why Didnt My Pizza Dough Work
While this homemade pizza dough recipe is extremely easy, there are 2 things that can make it no work. If you pay attention to these 2 things, you should have no problem with your dough.
- Water Too Hot: When you are adding the water to the dough, you want it to be very warm but not hot but the water also can not be cold. Add water heated to 120F-130F and follow recipe instructions. Always use a thermometer to check the temperature. If the water is too hot it will kill the yeast.
- The Dough Didnt Rise: The 2 reasons that the dough didnt rise is the water being too hot and the yeast is expired. It is important that the yeast is not expired. When you buy the Fleischmanns® RapidRise® Yeast make sure it isnt past its date. The date is written on the packets.
How Do You Make An Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
An authentic Philly cheesesteak recipe calls for the use of high-quality ingredients as well as proper preparation techniques. Heres what you should do:
Recommended Reading: Little Alley Steak Roswell Ga
Special Sauce For Philly Cheesesteak
Although it goes against everything that is traditionally associated with a Philly Cheesesteak, I absolutely adore adding this unique homemade sauce to my steak sandwiches. It gives the dish an extra burst of flavor while also adding a creamy texture that is absolutely delectable. Thats all there is to it! Simply mix the ingredients in a small bowl and then spread the sauce over the toasted bread before piling on the juicy steak and peppers on top.
Oh my God, Mama! I really enjoyed this bite. Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about the Cheesesteak Sandwich and see if we can answer them in further detail.
More Philly Cheesesteak Recipes
Knowing how much I adore the tastes found in an authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, you might guess that Ive used them in many other applications throughout the years. Take a look at these wonderful recipes.
- Crispy Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Sticks
- Saucy Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet
- Crispy Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
- Crispy Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls The Philly Cheesesteak Crescent Ring is a delicious party snack.
The thought of you trying these saucy sandwiches makes me giddy with excitement! Im confident that you will enjoy them!
Also Check: Miyako Hibachi Sushi & Steak House
Tips For The Best Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- You need to cook the veggies in advance for a few reasons. First of all, this helps them release their moisture and keeps your pizza from getting soggy. You also get a sweeter depth of flavor from the onions than we would if we put them on the pizza raw.
- Another couple things to prevent a soggy crust are to put a cheese base down on your pizza sauce before any other toppings, and to let all the juices drain off your meat and veggies before adding them to the Philly cheese steak pizza.
- You can also use leftover cooked sirloin steak on your pizza. Just skip cooking it in the skillet, and add it with the cooked veggies on top of the pizza. This is best with steak that is rare or medium, not well done, since it will cook 10 minutes in the oven. Another great way to use up steak is our leftover steak tacos recipe!
How To Make A Philly Cheesesteak
If you are unable to travel to Philadelphia in order to get a cheesesteak sandwich, the next best option is to create one in your own! The sandwichs basic composition is uncomplicated, but the nuances make all the difference. Listed below are a few important considerations while assembling your sandwich:
- If you are unable to go to Philadelphia in order to get a cheesesteak sandwich, the next best option is to create one at your own. The sandwichs basic composition is uncomplicated, but the small nuances make all the difference in taste. When assembling your sandwich, keep the following points in mind:
Nick Evans is a songwriter and musician from the United Kingdom.
Don’t Miss: What Can I Use To Marinate Steak
What To Serve With Stromboli
Philly cheese steak stromboli is more like a sandwich so think about which side dishes to serve with sandwiches and all of those options will be great! Since these are really similar to steak and cheese calzones you can also serve them with sides that go with pizza!
Here are a few ideas to get you started!
What Is The Real Philly Cheese Steak
Have you had a taste of the real Philly cheese steak yet? Its easy to think that with all the fast-food joints and restaurants that offer them. However, what makes you think youve had a real one?
Philadelphias food scene is finally getting some recognition. In large part, its thanks to the Philly cheesesteak. It spearheaded the cheesesteak movement, bringing creative variations to the original recipe.
No visitor in Philadelphia should miss the Liberty Bell or the Independence Hall. In the same way, no trip to Philly is complete without getting a taste of the citys iconic cheesesteak.
Below, well talk about how you can tell when the Philly cheesesteak youre eating is genuine.
Recommended Reading: Grass Fed Chuck Eye Steak
What Kind Of Cheese Is On A Philly Steak
In the Philadelphia area, Mozzarella is only used on a pizza steak, a cheese steak made with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and a bit of oregano usually on top. Mozzarella has become the cheese of choice on the so-called Philly Cheese Steak. Provolone is more often used on a steak hoagie, as provolone is the cheese used
For provolone, go for a mild or medium profile with a light smoky flavor. The Bread. History. The first cheesesteak was created by a hot dog vendor in Philly who, when tired of consuming his franks for lunch everyday, had the idea to cook up some thinly sliced steak he bought from the local butcher.
What Type Of Beef For Cheesesteak
Ribeye! Although it is a more expensive option, it will provide you with the best flavor and texture. Because it has fat marbled throughout, it will remain juicy and tender no matter how you cut it. If you are unable to cook a ribeye, search for a well-marbled beef cut and cut thinly against the grain to achieve the desired result. Flank Steak, Beef Chuck, Sirloin, and more cuts of meat are available. Leftover Prime Rib may be transformed into a delectable Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich!
You May Like: Sonic Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich
Make The White Sauce For Cheesesteak Pizza From Scratch
Even if youve never made a cheese sauce for pizza, you can pull this one off. Its really simple and takes only about 10 minutes. See the recipe video at the bottom of this page if you want me to walk you through it.
For more details, see this white pizza sauce recipe.
What Meat Is Best For Philly Cheesesteak
Ribeye is the steak of choice for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. It is well-marbled and tender when cooked. Another cut that we have used with great results is flank steak which is lean but very tender when cut against the grain. You will need a little extra oil on your cooking surface if using flank steak.
Recommended Reading: Raos Sauce Costco
You May Like: Wild Caught Ahi Tuna Steaks
How Many Calories In A Cheesesteak
Because cheesesteaks vary from restaurant to restaurant, there is no set calorie count for a cheesesteak, although estimates range from 900 to 1200 calories. If you dont eat it with bread or cheese, Steak-umm, a Reading-based manufacturer of frozen sliced steak that can be bought in most supermarkets, claims that a 32-gram serving of cooked beef contains 100 calories, with 80 percent of those calories coming from fat. Meat is often used in sandwiches in quantities of at least one quarter pound each sandwich.
Ingredients For The White Philly Cheese Steak Sauce
Dont want to make your own white sauce for pizza? No problem you can substitute Alfredo sauce. But my DIY white sauce tastes amazing on steak pizza . Heres what you need
- The base: olive oil, garlic, butter, flour, milk
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper, dried Italian seasonings blend
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
You May Like: How To Make A Great Steak On The Grill
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipe
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches are a quick and easy meal that are packed with vegetables such as peppers, onions, mushrooms and thinly sliced ribeye steak. We like to serve this famous Philly Cheesesteak with potato chips, crunchyDill Pickles, or myMacaroni Salad as an accompaniment. Definitely try this if youre searching for a wonderful warm sandwich to fill you up on a cold night. Making a famous street food sandwich into a simple prepared supper that everyone will like is what Ive done here.
Keep It All Real Even Your Cheesesteaks
Thats it for our guide on what the real Philly cheese steak is like. Now that you know the basic ingredients, it should be easier to find a place that serves true Philly cheesesteaks. Remember, the key to knowing is to ask your server about the food.
Do you still find it difficult to find the original Philly cheesesteak? Tired of walking around Philadelphia to get the right sandwich? Check out our other guides and well show you a few more tricks on finding the one your stomach is craving.
You May Like: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
You May Like: Omaha Steaks Double Stuffed Potatoes
Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Cant make it to Philadelphia for any reason? Heres how to create a true Philly cheesesteak at home: juicy, cheesy, and with all of the appropriate toppings, of course. In the meanwhile, if you find yourself in the City of Brotherly Love, heres how you order one like a local: Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Dinner and lunch are on the menu. American and Italian cuisines are available. Keywords: beef, cheesesteak, supper, French sandwich, hoagie, Philadelphia, Philly, Philly cheesesteak, steak, Philly cheesesteak, steakhouse Servings:2cheesesteaks
- Ribeye steak that has been cut incredibly thin
- 5-6 pieces of white American cheese
- Some Cheez Whiz . 1/2 a medium-sized yellow onion, chopped 2 soft deli buns, cut almost all the way through
- 2 soft deli rolls, sliced almost all the way through 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil, such as canola
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whats The Best Pizza Dough For Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
You use store bought pizza dough, but I HIGHLY recommend my homemade pizza dough recipe. This pizza dough recipe is fool proof, flavorful and has hundreds of rave reviews!
Ive included step by step instructions including how to make pizza dough ahead of time and how to freeze. Just be aware this pizza dough recipe makes two pizzas, so you will want to either half the dough recipe or freeze one for later, or if serving a large crowd, you can double the Philly Cheesesteak Pizza recipe.
Also Check: Best Way To Cook Bison Steak
Whats In A Real Philly Cheesesteak
A Philly cheesesteak consists of the following ingredients:
- Ribeye steak, thinly cut and chopped
- Toppings include melted American cheese, provolone cheese, and Cheez Whiz cheese. With toppings such as fried onions or peppers, it is served on a hoagie bun.
Cheddar, provolone, or Whiz are the only permissible cheese selections, and cheesesteaks should never, ever be served with any type of lettuce, tomato, or other garnish.
What Makes A Cheesesteak Authentic
Is this a genuine Philadelphia cheesesteak, or is it a knockoff? In a nutshell, the answer is no. However, I can assure you that this steak sandwich is wonderful, savory, and scrumptious. I believe you will appreciate it whether it is authentic or not. What distinguishes a real Philly cheesesteak? First and foremost, it is likely that it will need to be produced in Philadelphia hence the name. Another option is a typical cheesesteak, which is cooked with thinly sliced ribeye steak, cheese, and a toasted anamoroso bread.
You may get your cheesesteak topped with American cheese, provolone cheese, or cheese whiz depending on where you go to get your sandwich.
If you do not care for these toppings, they are fully optional and may be left out of the recipe.
Recommended Reading: Snake River Farms Tomahawk Steak
How To Make Dominos Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Start by making the pizza dough .
While the dough rising, prepare the topping/sauce. Slice the steak into strips about 1/8-inch wide. Then sauté over medium-high heat until slightly browned and juicy with most of the pink color gone:
Remove the meat from the pan. Then add the onions, green peppers and mushrooms . Sauté for a few minutes until slightly softened with the edges of the onions starting to brown or caramelize. Remember, they will cook a bit more in the oven, just like the steak.
Now youre ready to assemble the pizza. Preheat your oven to 450°F and grab a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Once the dough has doubled in volume, punch it down. Next, stretch it out on the pan to about 12-14 inches in diameter. Brush with oil and poke all over with a fork:
Last but not least, sprinkle the American and provolone cheeses evenly across the dough. Then sprinkle the steak and veggies on top. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheeses are melted and the crust is golden around the edges: